• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I have to say, one of the advantages of the games using animated 3D models is that we're just seeing static images right now, but seeing them in movement when the game arrives will probably give a bunch of Pokémon a lot more personality. It will be kinda like meeting them for the first time again.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Ranking my favorite gens is difficult but lemme take a crack at it

Gen 8>Gen 4>=Gen 7>Gen 5>Gen 3>Gen 1>Gen 2

I don't hate any gen in particular but I can't get over how good the Gen 8 designs overall are

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I have to say, one of the advantages of the games using animated 3D models is that we're just seeing static images right now, but seeing them in movement when the game arrives will probably give a bunch of Pokémon a lot more personality. It will be kinda like meeting them for the first time again.
And I cant wait to see some of the new ones in action like Falinks, Cursola, Runerigus. I wanna see animations for pokemon like Stunfisk with it's new bear trap form, I'm curious if Cufants pokedex entry about turning green in the rain is true, I'm curious what the animation is like on Grimmsnarl's new attack ect

Its gonna be so good actually seeing it all in motion

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
c9lpwM5.png

Not every shot is gonna look good, but this is a rough one.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Gigantamax Flapple looks really cartoony with those big yellow eyes.. are those eyes? I cant tell!

Deleted member 6122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking back at a bunch of the leaked pics and I was not really prepared for how bad this game looks visually. The trailers have done a great job masking the uglier aspects of the game's presentation. At least the towns seem to be pretty generally

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I thought Giga Gengar looked familiar, it's similar to its super move in Pokken Tournament
pokken-tournament-dx-gengar-656x369.png

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Ranking my favorite gens is difficult but lemme take a crack at it

Gen 8>Gen 4>=Gen 7>Gen 5>Gen 3>Gen 1>Gen 2

I don't hate any gen in particular but I can't get over how good the Gen 8 designs overall are
I think I would go (just how much I like the designs holistically):

Kanto = Johto > Sinnoh > Kalos > Alola > Hoenn > Galar > Unova

I thought I liked Galar a lot but looking at the full spoiler I realized maybe that was just hype. There's not a lot of Pokemon here I could see myself using outside of a Galar-only SwSh run. Doesn't help that there are so few. Still largely more interesting that Unova though.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before but, is that the entire dex leaked or are there still pokemon we don't know? Like, no chance for new eevee evo?

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else just absolutely loathe the temporary transformation mechanics (Mega, G-Max)? I'd love for them to never come back.

When I was a young lad I spent a lot of time making fun of Digimon fans because of their horrible temp transformations (it's always seemed like a cheap cop out in any media "oh it looks like I'm losing but let's ass pull a power of friendship transformation then revert to status quo because being this powerful permanently is inconvenient for the writers/devs").

Ate a bunch of crow when Megas came out, especially with how lame most of them look ("we added spikes! MEGA!")

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So Charizard and Gengar join the Mega and G-Max club.

Wonder if anyone else will double dip?

I assume this isn't it though as I don't think leaker has encountered Kingler or Butterfree yet. I'm guessing we have atleast two or three more.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Compared to how BotW actually looks? Absolutely does.

No but the game's camera, visuals and assets are still good. Of course it looks worse than docked but it doesn't look bad.

I'm not going "yikes" when I look at that shot I'm like "that's pretty cool".

Pokemon I go "are they serious?" . :x

Oct 25, 2017
Think I am going Sword.

I can't turn my back on my boy Farfetch'd (Dux!)

There are some really good designs of new pokemon and I hope to use them.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This doesn't look like ass.
As well all know, butts on the Switch often look much nicer than this game does.

But (heh) seriously, this game 's environments and textures look largely underwhelming, especially following the technical marvel that is Luigi's Mansion 3. Game Freak has made much better use of other hardware in the past so I don't see an excuse for them this time around.
2d677d8f88108c1fc5313ba46ce6d9ac.gif

tumblr_inline_p7s6638H9Y1ri065t_540.gif

2808192-06drilldozer.gif

Last edited:

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
G-Max Gengar is just too goofy looking to me, shame because I think the G-Max forms have mostly been hits, to me at least.

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, suit yourself. It's a fact that BotW looks better docked, as do most if not all switch games, and that I specifically avoid taking screenshots undocked because of how bad they were turning out in comparison. If you want to continue calling me a liar, ignore button is third from the left when hovering over my name and the report button's directly below the post, unless you want to deny those facts as well.

No but the game's camera, visuals and assets are still good. Of course it looks worse than docked but it doesn't look bad.

I'm not going "yikes" when I look at that shot I'm like "that's pretty cool".

Pokemon I go "are they serious?
That's fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.