• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
First thing I thought of when I saw Gengar was this, from a now-dead amusement park I went to as a kid lol

dantes-inferno-facade.png

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
The idea behind Gigantamax Garbador is that the toys thrown in the trash inside of it Gigantamaxed with the Pokémon, right?

F7R3vqy.png

Then someone tossed a Master Ball.

edit: Also, it's funny to think that...

(Actual story spoilers.)
This of all mons is fought at the climax of the game.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The idea behind Gigantamax Garbador is that the toys thrown in the trash inside of it Gigantamaxed with the Pokémon, right?

F7R3vqy.png

Then someone tossed a Master Ball.

edit: Also, it's funny to think that...

(Actual story spoilers.)
This of all mons is fought at the climax of the game.
This is both the best and worst G-Max design
Best because it's great, worst because it totally ruins the illusion of the Pokemon actually being big.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
The fuck? Kalos has the best designs.

Tyrantrum
Pangoro
Trevenant
Noivern
Dragalge
Talonflame

I think Phantump is my favourite Pokemon ever.

That gen was a masterclass.
I would also like to put forward:
The starters
Skiddo line
Heliolisk
The fossils
Goomy line
Volcanion

And that's not including some of the excellent mega designs.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Figured as much. Yeah, a boycott ain't doing squat so long as kids and fans keeping shelling out for merch and such.
Not to ignore the bottom of this but I wish to say something. When i mentioned this before I got a bunch of people including joe suggesting this was misinformation. Now can we finally just admit that the people in charge don't care to change anything because the games are not thier primary profit margins, they got films, merch , tv shows mobile games and stuff. Its been clear for a while, its why they have been making these moves that seem more tailered to very specific audiences that are generally outside of the pokemon playing base, not just casual players but lapsed old fans. The nostalgia dollar is strong and manifests in other areas

So now when we have this conversation, talking about where pokemon is colored it needs to be colored with this . This , how they operate their business, a bunch of people higher up decided the pokemon games aren't their main mode of buisness and it isn't worth expanding because they make money.

That's it

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is both the best and worst G-Max design
Best because it's great, worst because it totally ruins the illusion of the Pokemon actually being big.

I don't see how it breaks the illusion, it's a small toy train that got thrown away and ended up Gigantamaxing along with the Pokémon.

I think it's neat and reminds of the micro machines that I had when I was a kid.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
But... they are big? They're toys that were small and grew big along with the Pokemon, I don't really get what you mean here.
It's not really an immediate read. Those things look like they're supposed to be for scale, so it's like "Oh shit, there's a whole ship in there!", but then you see that they're all toys, which implies small. Within context, when you see it grow huge, it will make sense, but just as a design on its own, the toys do the opposite of making it look big as a visual shorthand.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
They didn't grow, Gigantamax is a projection and the toys break the illusion.
I know one of the devs said that, but he was completely full of shit. "It's a projection" makes literally no sense when it comes to max raid battles and the blurbs for the G-max Pokemon on the website talk about them as if they're real (and huge) forms and not just projections. One of Eternatus's Dex entries says that it's responsible for "the Dynamax phenomenon." It's a real thing.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I really like Eternatus. It's looking like it may have out edged Giratina as my favorite edgy legendary Pokemon.

I hope they do something as eerie and eldritch-feeling for it story wise as Platinum did with Giratina, like it coming out of the portal and then pretty much just straight up attacking the player's screen.

giphy.gif

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I know one of the devs said that, but he was completely full of shit. "It's a projection" makes literally no sense when it comes to max raid battles and the blurbs for the G-max Pokemon on the website talk about them as if they're real (and huge) forms and not just projections.
Garbodor's design goes with it being a projection.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Those toys on Max Garbador were probably originally life sized things. But then they decided that it was too real since crashed planes/wrecked buildings/trashed trains hit a little bit too close to home especially with 9/11, the crashed Max planes and the subway attacks in Tokyo.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Guys, Eternatus literally just cast a spell or something to grow your Pokemon and make them big. You can see it carved into that hillside.

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
Seconding Ohmori/Masuda being completely full of shit with their Dynamax explanation. Even if it's canon, I'm choosing not to believe it because it's just too stupid.

Oct 29, 2017
So, I guess now is a good time to ask again: do we have impressions on the difficulty of the main campaign?

Also, do we finally know all of the G-max forms in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.