• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayoshi

Oct 27, 2017
oh yeah, durr. I thought it was low HP or something.

regardless, this "decent fighting Pokemon, spam Max Knuckle" strat seems as dumb as it looks.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
You might need to sit down for this.
a steady slope downward
The guy streaming swept Milo's gym with two Pokemon he had never even used in battle before (they just got leveld up by being in his team) so...not great for some people, Bob. One-shot the first and two-shot the second.
"More of the same" would probably be the most accurate description of the stream so far.

With maybe a shorter story and easier overall experience.
The Exp. Share keeps every Pokemon at or above the level of every trainer in the game, regardless of if you use that Pokemon or not, the streamer swept the first gym in 3 hits with a Pokemon he had literally not used at all up to that point, that was only leveled up due to Exp. Share, with 0 difficulty.
You're going to regret coming home.
giphy.gif

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
I mean did anyone think we were gunna get anything different than a transition game? this is the same thing that happened going from gba to ds.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'll give credit where credit is due, that looked a little bit more challenging than the first gym, but... eugh.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
remember when users here were trying to tell us the games would be more difficult because let's go was there for the super casual players?

Oct 26, 2017
But is it as bad as the empty stands in Kingdom Hearts when you were at the Coliseum? Because that was unintentionally hilarious, hearing huge cheers from empty ass stands.

lol, there are fans.

They're just too quiet, think this was a misstep because Game Freak didn't want the crowd noise to overwhelm the music and I think that was a bad call.

Oct 25, 2017
So basically just don't use Dynamax? Seems like an easy thing to avoid. I didn't really use Z-moves other than to see what the animation looked like once or twice. And Megas I used but would limit myself to a party of like 4 or 5 going through Kalos.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Being honest here, this will get me shit but they should just make Pokemon games for the Casual Market like Let's Go at this point. You aren't going to please the hardcore fans at this point with Gamefreak's lack of time so why not just make smaller games like Let's Go and let the Hardcore fans enjoy HS/SS,BW. They are frankly facing a losing battle at this point trying to appeal to both and it's clear with this game they won't be able to make a game that will satisfy the hardcore fans so just focus on the casual go fans at this point.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Being honest here, this will get me shit but they should just make Pokemon fans for the Casual Market like Let's Go at this point. You aren't going to please the hardcore fans at this point with Gamefreak's lack of time so why not just make smaller games like Let's Go and have the Hardcore fans enjoy HS/SS,BW. They are frankly facing a losing battle at this point.

The game will still sell 15 million copies, but I can see the backlash being big enough to affect gen 9.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there really any need for stuff like this? I'm sure those people are going to be just as disappointed once they play the game
Because this keeps happening constantly whenever anyone complains about gamefreak and we kept being told that we need to give them the benefit of the doubt despite their track record, and then lo and behold it turns out we were right to doubt them and it's honestly tiring

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I pre ordered a Zacian and Zamazenta Switch Lite+Shield and I'm having regrets now... i still want the Switch Lite tho

noakai

Jan 22, 2019
Being honest here, this will get me shit but they should just make Pokemon fans for the Casual Market like Let's Go at this point. You aren't going to please the hardcore fans at this point with Gamefreak's lack of time so why not just make smaller games like Let's Go and have the Hardcore fans enjoy HS/SS,BW. They are frankly facing a losing battle at this point.

I honestly don't understand why they haven't split the games into two series by now - a "harder" game for more hardcore fans, and then more "casual" ones like Let's Go for anyone who doesn't want "too hard". I thought that was what Let's Go was supposed to be but I guess not.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
At this point I think I'll just skip Sword/Shield or at the very least not get it day 1. There's too much other stuff around this time coming out anyway that prioritizing something I'm disappointed in isn't worth it. Especially since a mostly similar third version is inevitable. Hopefully the third game listens to the criticism.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
"The new title coming out in the second half of 2019 will be a completely different game [from Pokémon Let's Go]. It is not an entry game, but a game that we want longtime fans of the Pokémon series to look forward to."
The Pokémon Company CEO Tsunekazu Ishihara - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.