• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017

I'm going to just go ahead and die.

For real though, I've spent the last week and a half "unlocking" the hidden depth of pokemon by trying to create a competitive team, and I can't believe just how many mechanics are involved. The game explains none of it, so I've found myself spending as much time on wikis and reading articles as I have playing the game. Just when you think you've got it, you learn something totally new.

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Finally have something too specialized to surprise trade away randomly:

2x brave 31 HP, 31 Atk, 31 Def, 31 SpD, 0 Spe Clobbopus w/ Sucker Punch.

I don't want to call them breedjects because they are identical to the Grapploct that ended up on my Galar Newcomers team, one just happened to hatch before the other two. Figured there's a chance someone here might want to try out the coolest fighting mon of Gen VIII in a Trick Room team.

Oh so cool! Is the other one still available? I have some gen 8 HA mons: moon ball Snom, love ball Mr. Mime-G, heavy ball Rookidee, fast ball Toxel...

For real though, I've spent the last week and a half "unlocking" the hidden depth of pokemon by trying to create a competitive team, and I can't believe just how many mechanics are involved. The game explains none of it, so I've found myself spending as much time on wikis and reading articles as I have playing the game. Just when you think you've got it, you learn something totally new.

Yeah, it's pretty complex. I'm sorry you wasted all that time, but sometimes that's part of the learning process.

I'm going to attach a summary of ball inheritance in case you're interested.
CWQSpl6.png

See I had read male parents with HA should be able to pass down now. It's just a lower percentage.

That's not true as far as I know.

Last edited:

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017

Yep, the competitive Pokemon and the meta is pretty complex. It's where the real fun lies imo

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, it's pretty complex. I'm sorry you wasted all that time, but sometimes that's part of the learning process.

CWQSpl6.png

That's a neat chart! I've been able to intuit some things like this, but knowing the actual formula working under the hood is nice.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh so cool! Is the other one still available? I have some gen 8 HA mons: moon ball Snom, love ball Mr. Mime-G, heavy ball Rookidee, fast ball Toxel...

CWQSpl6.png

That's not true as far as I know.

Interesting. What I'm reading from various sites is that breeding a HA male Poke with a ditto will pass down the HA. I can't say I've verified it.

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. What I'm reading from various sites is that breeding a HA male Poke with a ditto will pass down the HA. I can't say I've verified it.

Ummm... Yes? I wrote that myself:

For real? It's actually pretty simple: if the female carries the HA, the probability of inheriting it is 60%. If the male has it, that probability is 0%, unless you breed with a Ditto. In that case, it's also 60%.

And chances aren't lower for males x Ditto, they are the same.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Well, should have seen that coming. Since I can't check IVs as far as I can tell. I traded with someone to get a foreign ditto... And traded away a 4 best IV ditto for one with bad IVs. Should have known it would happen.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I apparently lucked up with a random trade last night and got a Pokemon with the Pokerus. I'll be infecting some trade ready Pokemon if anyone is interested.

All I need is a Grookey or any Sword exclusives.

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can you check IVs during a trade?

If you unlocked the judge (you need to beat the Champion in the Battle Tower), you can check IVs during a trade by pressing +, same as when using the PC.

Haha my bad. Glad we have someone that knows this stuff.

It sucks but I think I'm gonna start just making a team that doesn't require HA's. Something simpler like Arcanine where I can just use the default ability.

Maybe I can get you some of the HA mons you need?

Oct 26, 2017
If you unlocked the judge (you need to beat the Champion in the Battle Tower), you can check IVs during a trade by pressing +, same as when using the PC.

Maybe I can get you some of the HA mons you need?

You'd be a God for doing a good deed. I don't have much to offer that's worth while. But once home opens up that won't be true much longer.

If you're ever bored and have some breedjects with HAs I'll gladly take almost anything.

turbocats

Oct 26, 2017
I've been streaming a bunch and trying to hatch shiny Pokemon, so if anyone is interested in any of these, let me know. Other breedjects that aren't Dreepy or Mimikyu preferred. All have been bred with proper IVs/natures for competitive
  1. 5IV Ice Scale Snom
  2. 6IV Grookey
  3. 5IV Sobble (only a couple left)
  4. 5IV Bulletproof Applin (bred to evolve into Flapple)

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I've been streaming a bunch and trying to hatch shiny Pokemon, so if anyone is interested in any of these, let me know. Other breedjects that aren't Dreepy or Mimikyu preferred. All have been bred with proper IVs/natures for competitive
  1. 5IV Ice Scale Snom
  2. 6IV Grookey
  3. 5IV Sobble (only a couple left)
  4. 5IV Bulletproof Applin (bred to evolve into Flapple)

Can I get the Grookey and the Applin?

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I was actually just coming to ask if anyone could help me with a Feebass/Milotic. Don't need to keep it, just want the entry!

Edit: Done! Thanks!

Last edited:

ergoakari

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Hiya folks!

I don't have any contacts that play either sword or shield. I _think_ i have caught mostly everything in sword (pesky Riolu is evading me in a rare den) and I'd like to trade to finish off my pokedex.

I need;

Galarian Ponyta
Corsola
Larvitar
Lotad
Sableye
Lunatone
Croagunk
Basculin
Solosis
Spritzee
Goomy
Oranguru
Drampa
Appletun
Eiscue
Zamazenta

I can get anything you need in Sw and have a tone of the exclusive items!

I also need to trade a bunch of mons to evolve them.

If anyone's in the same place, you can add me: SW-1802-2696-7891, or send me a DM :)

Cheers!

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Happy to help either/both of you later today, assuming you mostly just need dex entries. Don't have everything you need Ergoja, but a lot of it.

I just need dex entries for:
-Slyveon
-Umbreon
-Arctozolt
-Arctovish
-Silvally

Can trade for what you need and back.
Hiya folks!

I don't have any contacts that play either sword or shield. I _think_ i have caught mostly everything in sword (pesky Riolu is evading me in a rare den) and I'd like to trade to finish off my pokedex.

I need;

Galarian Ponyta
Corsola
Larvitar
Lotad
Sableye
Lunatone
Croagunk
Basculin
Solosis
Spritzee
Goomy
Oranguru
Drampa
Appletun
Eiscue
Zamazenta
I also need to trade a bunch of mons to evolve them.

Anyone got Rypherior? It's the last pokemon I need to finish the Pokedex.

Nov 20, 2019
can someone help me evolve my spritzee? i'll just trade it with sachet and you can trade it back to me afterwards, hope someone can help me :)

Nov 20, 2019
Happy to help either/both of you later today, assuming you mostly just need dex entries. Don't have everything you need Ergoja, but a lot of it.

I just need dex entries for:
-Slyveon
-Umbreon
-Arctozolt
-Arctovish
-Silvally

Can trade for what you need and back.

I can help you with dex entries for all of those you need... just need help with evolving my spritzee :)

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Figured out all the rest in my own. Just need to trade back and forth to evolve my Rhyperior to complete my Dex. If anyone is interested in helping (I'd be happy to help in return with something you might need). I'm on EST and will be around much of tomorrow.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Figured out all the rest in my own. Just need to trade back and forth to evolve my Rhyperior to complete my Dex. If anyone is interested in helping (I'd be happy to help in return with something you might need). I'm on EST and will be around much of tomorrow.
Sure, I can help. I don't need anything for my dex, but if you have a HA mon I don't, that would be great - I can breed it and give it right back to you.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
So, I just got a perfect five IV ditto.
I'm on the clouds. I want to start breeding for trading. I want the starters first. Can anyone help me?

my nintendo FC is

sw-3120-2076-8251

i have a bunch of almost perfect grookies and dreepys.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looking for a Touch-Trade for Zamazenta, just need him in my dex. Shoot me a PM so we can trade back and forth.

EDIT: Found someone, will update again if it doesnt work out to delet this, if not then we cool.

Last edited:

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
anyone have Sableeye and Drampa?
Managed to get all the other Shield exclusives I need through surprise trade but never seen those two ever lol.
I can offer Sword exclusives, but Im not just trying to complete a living dex and not really into HA, IV etc so I dont have "awesome" pokemons

Gvitor

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, does anyone have Alcremie sweets to trade? I've been trying to complete a perfect alt form dex during the Milcery event, but I can't stand battling Milcery anymore and I'm already at the point of diminishing returns.

What I need:

2 Love Sweets

1 Star Sweet

That's it.

I have spares of strawberry, berry, clover, flower and ribbon sweets (everything else, basically). If there's any pokémon you'd like instead, I can see if I have them as well (already filled my dex).

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
Hey guys, I'm losing my mind with breeding perfect 6 IV Pokemon.

Is anybody here willing to trade a 6 IV Ditto? I only have a 5 IV one so far...

If anybody is interested in Shinies I could provide a Shiny Growlithe with 5 perfect IVs - because while breeding for a 6 IV Growlithe I got 2 Shiny ones so far.

SuperNHG64

Nov 5, 2017
Denmark
Hey guys, I'm losing my mind with breeding perfect 6 IV Pokemon.

Is anybody here willing to trade a 6 IV Ditto? I only have a 5 IV one so far...

If anybody is interested in Shinies I could provide a Shiny Growlithe with 5 perfect IVs - because while breeding for a 6 IV Growlithe I got 2 Shiny ones so far.
I can trade you a Japanese 6iv Ditto later if you're still looking for one. Would gladly take one of your Growlithe for it.