• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which version are you choosing?

• You have my Sword!

• A warrior carries his shield for the sake of the entire line

Results are only viewable after voting.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Rotom is controlling the camera in the stadium battles too. He's everywhere lol

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
P9T2qLC.png

skipperboy

Jan 24, 2019
So is dynamax kinda their way to bridge the gap and attract Pokemon Go players with raid battles? Thats what I thought of immediately. Hope its actually fun... but its a strange mechanic and I don't think I would have EVER put that in the game... kinda lame.

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
Ok this all looks great but where are my Pokemon following me? Please don't remove this feature we've been asking for for years that only just got added back in Let's Go...

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
The thing I don't like about the Wild Area (already complaining lol) is that I know for aesthetic purposes it looks great that Pokémon such as Tyranitar or Milotic appear, but I've always felt that it's kinda lame that you can catch fully evolved Pokémon that easily. I think those Pokémon should only be obtained through evolving or trading.

Ezra

Nov 14, 2017
I love Dynamax because of how dumb it looks. Imagine a giant Psyduck destroying everything. So good.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
The game's visuals oscillate from good and to incredibly bad at times. With all the money they are making with Pokemon, it baffles me that even when transitioning toward a quasi open world design, they wouldn't make more efforts from a production point of view. I say this as someone who was never interested in Pokemon, but definitely could be if it was more... ambitious maybe?

Oct 27, 2017
This looks pretty good. I'm much happier with the visuals here than in the last announcement. I'm indifferent about dynamaxing and I don't love the legendary designs, but they may grow on me. Corviknight is really cool.

Is the Wild Area meant to be a reference to the green belt?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
You know, gen 1 pandering and all, but i need Prof Oak and Blue in the game with some rivalry between the Grandfather / Grandson and Grandmother / Granddaughter combinations.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So the Champion will turn out to be a villain, right? Could open up for an interesting plot since the rival is his little brother.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can we fix the title since roaming Pokémon are in all areas?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The thing I don't like about the Wild Area (already complaining lol) is that I know for aesthetic purposes it looks great that Pokémon such as Tyranitar or Milotic appear, but I've always felt that it's kinda lame that you can catch fully evolved Pokémon that easily. I think those Pokémon should only be obtained through evolving or trading.
Knowing GF they will likely make it hard to get Pokemon like Tyranitar, espeically early on.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When did we get confirmation that the "wild area" is just the one area? The VO made it sound like it is all the open areas between ANY of the cities.

Did we even confirm this or are people just assuming? Tried to go through the thread for answers, but it is moving too fast.
the website makes it sound like one area that can be accessed from almost anywhere since it's in the middle. once again, why does it matter if it is 1 or 1000 if the size is huge? (we don't know how big it will be)

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I can't believe way more people prefer the Sword legendary Pokemon over the vastly superior Shield legendary Pokemon.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Still looks all over the place visually, but the changes being made are good ones.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Except its literally not. You can easily beat trainers with Mega Evolution without being forced to use it yourself, whereas considering the way they talked about it, with Dynamaxing, if you're opponent uses it, you better use it to or else your screwed. That's terrible design.
I thibk we need to wait and see, Pokemon games are typically easy and have a children auficience to consider. They could easily have said something like that about mega evos. I suppose raids might also support that but again, I think we need to wait and see, perhaps those raid pokemon will be stronger because I don't see why one person using the dyna Raichu couldn't just beat it themselves.