• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which version are you choosing?

• You have my Sword!

• A warrior carries his shield for the sake of the entire line

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
6_05_pokemon_1_2x.jpg

Probably posted a bunch, but just in case, seeing overworld Pokemon and random battles are in the non Wild Area parts.
I wonder if it makes the same ! Sound like from metal gear solid.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
Just looks like Pokemon to me. I'd be excited if the entire game was like, big open areas that you explore and chase Pokemon in but it looks like those areas are just there for novelty and the meat of the game will be the usual affair. I'll buy it though, it's very pretty

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You should watch what your saying cause your wrong. Try to be less rude especially when you dont understand who your talking about.

Pretty sure he means you saying a user is from bizaro world.
And I'm pretty sure I meant him liking the box art, not Shield. And I'm also pretty sure I brought it up in this thread again, since the other thread got locked before I could respond to his normal question as to what I mean, and we had a normal convo about it. They even agreed with me that on second glance they look bad. Since when is a jokingly "lol you must be from bizarro world" a "personal attack"? It's not the first time I wrote with Mazi, and I don't think they felt offended. Like, at all. So it's clearly not something I need to "grow the fuck up" over. Some of y'all are tripping.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure that's the in-universe fire brigade. It's the classic merryweather helm and button uniform look of old school Fireman Sam.

Edit: Meanwhile the doors are very much those of a fire station
It's Octillery in a police uniform pretty sure, that's the police station.
Octillery with body armor and helmet kinda looks like it was inspired by it's G/S Beta design and here's he looked in case you didn't know:

That Octillery is definately dressed like a train conductor, y'all.

conductor-on-the-train.jpg

edit: no I'm pretty sure he's a fireman now

greenwell

Jan 12, 2018
I'm SO excited!! I love the direct and the game looks amazing! Of the new Pokemon they showed I love Corviknight, the over seven-foot-tall knight raven. Amazing.
Also Sobble is still the best starter.

Overworld Pokémon in all areas

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
6_05_pokemon_1_2x.jpg

Probably posted a bunch, but just in case, seeing overworld Pokemon and random battles are in the non Wild Area parts.

Yep and they detail this on the description on the main Website

The Pokemon encounter system is a massive mix of ideas in ALL Areas of the game

In tall grass or caves, wild Pokémon can jump out at you. Battles with wild Pokémon will occur when you run into Pokémon that you can see wandering around. Some Pokémon will pursue you once they see you, while others will run away.
Also, the ! mark that will appear above tall grass also seems to be an indicator of wild Pokémon hiding there!

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
My main problem with the design of the legendary ones is that I would like them to have more robust bodies. They look too skinny and with legs that are too long.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Since it seems like there is some confusion, the way it could best be described is:
The Wild Area is Hyrule Field. Routes, and surrounding areas are in the traditional Pokemon style. Think of Galar as Ocarina of Time Hyrule, but Pokemon Style. To be honest I feel this is the best way to do things, and I am glad they are keeping a mix of wild grass and overworld Pokemon.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The soccer aesthethic is atrocious. Look at that champion with the under armor shirt, a crown, a fur cape... wtf were they thinking?

Also not a fan of legendaries' same palette and designs. This is digimon level of dumb crap with the sword and shields... at least they could've been more creative and make the sword or the pointed edge be part of the pokemon, ala Absol. Shield can't be saved.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For real. I honestly don't know how much the average fan pays attention to other games.
I guess most don't care, which is fine of course. The game is primarily targeted at kids, so it's fine. It's just depressing for me personally to be let down time and again by their low-effort games.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I'm neutral on Dynamax but I don't hate it. I think it'll probably be fun.

Corviknight is best new Pokemon.
Wooloo is a cutie.
Gossifleur isn't anything special but Eldegoss is alright. I like its little cloak.
Drednaw doesn't really do it for me.

SHIELD WOLF > SWORD WOLF

Also mixed on raid battles, but that's probably just because I rarely do multiplayer stuff so eh.

The region and game look beautiful though. So excited.

Yeah, I was totally convinced I was getting Sword, but I think I might get Shield. Zamazenta looks less dumb

I loved the Grass Pokémon, especially Eldegoss. And Wooloo and Corviknight are great too. Looking forward to Wooloo's evo and Corviknight pre-evo.

Drednaw is kinda meh, but it does its purpose I guess. Hopefully it evolves / has a pre-evo and doesn't remain like Torkoal or Turtonator