• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which version are you choosing?

• You have my Sword!

• A warrior carries his shield for the sake of the entire line

Results are only viewable after voting.

Colocho

Oct 25, 2017
Yay I'm excited!
I hope the wild area is not just the bit at the middle of the map, better be several wild areas.

Oct 27, 2017
Direct was great. Loved the new Pokemon seen, shootout to the cute sheep wooloo, I believe, I'm a bit tired. Legendaries look cool. Giant Pokemon and raid battles look like a lot of fun.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
No they shouldn't they're a legit design choice no matter how much a minority of people ignorant about game design whine about it.
Whatever you say, bud. They're trash and having actual pokemon in the world is an improvement in every way.
It's bizarre that such a bad design decision has so many defenders.

Oct 25, 2017
home-char-sword.png
home-char-shield.png
That shield one is an abomination

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
+Great new Pokemon
+Rotom Phone
+Cool Human Characters
+Open World with Weather acting as a hub with more classical Routes.
-2009 Super Sentai Legendaries
-Dynamax is a fucking stupid name for a great concept

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
BATTLES WITH WILD POKÉMON
In tall grass or caves, wild Pokémon can jump out at you. Battles with wild Pokémon will occur when you run into Pokémon that you can see wandering around. Some Pokémon will pursue you once they see you, while others will run away.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Those players looked like they were already in the overworld before the raid. Actual online co-op coming?

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Oh look another gimmick that will either never be brought back up again because Game Freak is going to Game Freak or it's never going to evolve beyond it's initial concept I would honestly take new Pokemon Evolution of older Pokemon over Dynamaxing because at least I know those stick around. Horrible Boxart/Legendaries by the way that's a design you give to your Latios/Latia twin knock offs not your Box legendary Pokemon. At least the graphics look more polished than the first trailer but I still don't like how they recycle Pokemon Assets for the Gen1-Gen6 Pokemon because I expected more with the level of hardware Game Freak is working with right now.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Dynamax is way better than megas or z-moves
This hopefully won't require a different held item, meaning you can still competitively pick items. It's 3 turns so it lasts longer than Z-moves, and it can assumably be done on any Pokemon meaning it isn't limited like megas were.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of you are being misled as to Pokemon encounters.

In the "Wild Area" is the only instance you'll see roaming Pokemon. Outside of this, they will be still random battles.

The problem is the "This 'wild area' stretches between cities" line; that at least suggests that we're not looking at something like Safari Zone, that's just one cordoned-off region accessible from a single city; it's not quite clear quite what exactly the scope of it is.

Certainly that doesn't go against the 'still random battles' bit, I'm expecting them to still be around in some context. The underlying question, though, is just what the scope of the Wild Zone actually is - is it the bulk of the overworld, or is it only a subsection.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I loved EVERYTHING! I'm so glad this crushed pretty much all my fears about the game! I will say I wasn't feeling the Legendaries in the CG, but seeing the artwork I love them, so hopefully they look good in game.

Still no sign of Pokemon following you though, would be a shame for that to not make it in when Pokemon already roam the world.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Dynamax is kinda dumb, but I'd honestly have that as a gimmick than something like Armored Pokémon, which would inevitably reduce the number of new Pokémon we get.

All of the rest looks freaking superb. The open world, the creature and human designs, the animations. Just amazing.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
BATTLES WITH WILD POKÉMON
In tall grass or caves, wild Pokémon can jump out at you. Battles with wild Pokémon will occur when you run into Pokémon that you can see wandering around. Some Pokémon will pursue you once they see you, while others will run away.
Doesn't say wandering pokemon only appear in wild areas.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
I really like the design of the new Pokémon (except the legendary, but I rarely like them anyway) and the game looks beautiful.
But the giant Pokémon gimmick is so dumb and uninspired. It's not even changing the design of the Pokémon like mega-evolution or Alola form. They could have done something better than this.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I know SomecallmeJohnny must be happy with all that Raichu love lol.