• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
I just defeated it, but only with pure luck, since both trainers that got killed destroyed two barriers with 5-6 shields with their cheering lol

Oct 30, 2017
I've gotten him down below his final barrier with no deaths twice now, only to have him wipe the whole team at once with earthquake or blizzard. Maddening.

I love it.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Eviolite Dusclops doing WORK! Only useful against the physical set, though.

edit: Wondering if an Imprison set with Mew would work, Something like:

-Imprison
-Blizzard
-Fire Blast
-Psychic

Last edited:

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
What attacks do you use with him?

I think others would be better to ask for attacks. I just used Zammy's "trademark" attack. I wouldn't say use all Zammy's. Some one else had a good idea of having a cleric in the party to keep people healed up (especially when you are playing with Randoms who haven't gotten the point that this battle it is not best to just power through it). That might be an approach too. But you definitely can't just go for kill him quick before he gets 4 kills in. There is no killing him quickly enough to keep from dying four times before you kill him.

So here's my question for people: What are their suggestions for some one like me whose only previous games were let's go (and don't have any pokemon from any previous games other than that even if they might have played some pokemon before)? Most pokemon in this thread I see suggested are pokemon from other games that are not easy to get even trading wise, especially if you haven't played a lot of pokemon to have the kind of pokemon they would trade those for.

Anyways, it's nice seeing a raid you really do need people for. I wish this wasn't a temp thing.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
I wish there was a kick feature or at least a type suggestion before starting the match. I was having good luck with my partners (Zamazenta and Grimmsnarl) and then someone comes with a Maractus. Come. The. Fuck. On.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
I wish there was a kick feature or at least a type suggestion before starting the match. I was having good luck with my partners (Zamazenta and Grimmsnarl) and then someone comes with a Maractus. Come. The. Fuck. On.
The Maractus is part of the CPU player roster, so maybe you had only two human companions and a CPU.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Alternatively, if you don't have any of the commonly suggested Pokémon (Lunaala, Necrozma, Marshadow, Prankster Grimmsnarl), you could try going for a defensive pokemon with the ghost type (eviolite dusclops or Aegislash(watch out for fire blast)), Bronzong for dual screen support, or a defensive fairy type to serve as a cleric (Hatterene and Clefable).

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Beat this Mewtwo last night first try with Lunala, thanks to the Era raid squad on Discord (Mew, Zamazenta and Jellicent were allies)

I think there's multiple versions of this Mewtwo? we got the Physical One that uses Fire Punch, Rock Slide and Earthquake (The amount of Flinches we had, oh my word).

Don't forget to use Full Restores when you need to. They are very helpful in this match (Helped on my Lunala who got burnt turn 1 with Fire Punch, which was preventing Shadow Shield from triggering for a bit).

I would also recommend maybe saving the Dynamax for later in the match, and have that Dynamax user have either a Grass/Electric/Fairy move and a Water/Rock/Ice move (But probably go with Water) just to shut off Psychic Terrain and Sunny Day that Mewtwo set's up. Haze isn't a bad idea either if Mewtwo's stats are getting out of control.

Wish the rewards were better, we got about 10 raids worth of candies, a few TRs and some items to sell for money (That is less than what G-Max Meowth could earn in a tournament run). DIdn't even get the Ability Capsule. The Flame Orb from the Charmader was better than all of that combined.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Is Shedinja viable? Otherwise I got nothing. I'm gonna give it a shot as soon as I can. Those rewards look great. And vanity ball Kanto starters! I already have no box space left lol!

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
This is the best team I've seen so far for it:
2x Necrozma with Lunala absorbed
1x Marshadow with Spectral Thief
1x Grimmsnarl with Reflect/Light Screen

You can trade Grimmsnarl for another dps, Marshadow will die pretty much every time it's hit but stealing stats will pretty much guarantee no one else dies. If he hits Mewtwo without barrier he takes out half his HP.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I beat one on the first try and it dropped an ability capsule so I'm happy, but man it is tough lol. I had my Grimmsnarl constantly buffing the party

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
With no transferred in Legendary Pokemon, I suppose taking the role of Grimmsnarl support makes the most sense.

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
tried 10 times before I managed to beat one.. like it a lot.

hopefully they'll introduce more legendaries from other generations into the sw/sh like this

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, just tried with a group of four for the first time and it was pretty easy. We did get lucky with a barrier break, though.

Think the team was Tyranitar (me), Grimmsnarl, Marshadow and Lunala.

Shame you can't catch it though. I mean, let us catch at least one of them, otherwise what's the point? The rewards are pretty bland as endgame rewards.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Almost won. But some idiot was using a Sir Fetch'd and kept dying. My shiny Lunalaa was kicking butt

Hosted a Wartortle Max Raid and got a Life Orb as a reward. Holy crap that's rewarding.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It's not catchable? Boy, the raid must give some bis ass rewards, simply reading the OP is enough for me to not even consider fighting Mewtwo.
Yeah I saw his rewards on Serebii and thought "It's not worth my time to grind raids if it can't be captured, but maaaaaaybe the bottle caps and ability capsules might be worth it."

Then I saw this thread and there's a 0% chance I even bother. Raids are a boring chore when they're easy. I'm not going to sit through something that's both boring and a high chance of wiping due to random teammates on. On top of that, the "matchmaking" system with the stamps makes it near impossible to find raids anyway.

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Why can't it just work with randos like it seems to be set up to allow?
It is working for me *shrug*

---

Just had my first win !

I was using a Mewtwo with Shadow Ball but the Pokemon that had the biggest weight in this victory is Grimmsnarl. Between pazalyzing (so useful!) and setting up the adequate barriers, it helped a lot.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just beat Mewtwo on my second go (my Lunala kicked ass)

Teams was Grimsarl, Kyurem (White), Lunala, and then a CPU Wobbafett.

We won by a nose because of the CPU. But damn awesome fight and great rewards.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I saw his rewards on Serebii and thought "It's not worth my time to grind raids if it can't be captured, but maaaaaaybe the bottle caps and ability capsules might be worth it."

Then I saw this thread and there's a 0% chance I even bother. Raids are a boring chore when they're easy. I'm not going to sit through something that's both boring and a high chance of wiping due to random teammates on. On top of that, the "matchmaking" system with the stamps makes it near impossible to find raids anyway.
I'm personally having a great time right now. Just had 5 clears with zero issues. It's just a matter of adding quality people. Join the reddit's discord and add people from there, most people there already know how to handle the fight and won't do stupid shit during the fight.

Like every end game raid/trial from online games, this fight requires that everyone know what they are doing. It just sucks how atrocious the entire online ecosystem is for the system/game and we have to resort to external help like forums and discord channels.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm personally having a great time right now. Just had 5 clears with zero issues. It's just a matter of adding quality people. Join the reddit's discord and add people from there, most people there already know how to handle the fight and won't do stupid shit during the fight.
I might do that when I get home, yeah. As much as I'm grumbling I don't want to miss out on Mewtwo. Looks like I need to EV train a Grimsnarl then!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strictly Nintendo, the entire online ecosystem and how they handle it in every single of their first party game.

Gamefreak is just the cherry on the top full of people with the same poor mentality. It's sad.
as shitty as Nintendo's online is, Pokemon is some next level shit. don't think any other Nintendo game has as poor of an online system. somehow they took this and made it worse

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
For as hard as everyone is making this sound, the rewards don't sound worth the effort at all.
Especially since you can just fill up Home with trash Pokemon and get free BP each day.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Lunala works the best for physical Mewtwo. We have a strategy in the raid discord. Generally, just heal when you get low on health, since Mewtwo can attack three times in a row.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
For as hard as everyone is making this sound, the rewards don't sound worth the effort at all.
Especially since you can just fill up Home with trash Pokemon and get free BP each day.
This ain't Poke Bank, the BP gain from HOME is beyond atrocious, I wouldn't pass the opportunity to stock up some free caps. That said, its a fun fight from a game that offered zero challenge up until now and everyone complained about it. Let's enjoy while it last and look forward to future legendary raids.

KelThaFunkee

Oct 27, 2017
Beat it second try with a good group of randoms... 3 grimmsnarl 1 snorlax. Don't forget you can heal when you're low on health

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Beat it on second try (first with 4 players).

I had a Marshadow w/ Assault Vest. The randoms had Cursola (host used Dmax), Grimmsnarl, and Tyranitar.

We had 3 KOs, but the third only happened at the very end.

Cool fight. Not that hard though. Would be trivial with a coordinated group.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is anyone around to help lol

there are two of us, attempting to use level 100 reshiram and level 100 mew, so need two more

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Solo Raid battles are literally impossible. Because your AI is dumber than bricks. So I guess I will never experience this