• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to the justification some people try and come up with for this.

"Galar is a fictional location so the sun works differently there and anyway it doesn't matter why are you being negative"

People in Galar can teleport, that's why they dissappear from the backgrounds or battle in completely different places. Oh and they like monochromatic voids.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Holy fuck at that footage, this has to be something related to online. If it isn't Gamefreak is going to go down hard after this game, unfuckingbelievable.

-No GTS
-Cut moves
-Cut Pokemon
-Day/Night works only in specific areas
-Story is shit
-Overworld is shit

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
I'm just saying understand people are very upset because they just found this out very recently, as in less than a couple of hours ago, and coming in and acting like this is a good thing because it's the only way to incentivize their gameplay loop is going to piss them off. Most people were fine with how it was and had no reason or desire for it to change. If you want to frame the argument that it's better, then you have to understand that and people are not willing to accept it right now. You can make the argument, but people will be angry and won't want to hear it, so you have to accept that if you want to make your stance.

"Read the room" is the best way I can explain it.

I'm more that willing to accept people will disagree with me, but I've been criticized for getting too emotional in threads, and in the past several days I've tried to be honest when it feels like I might be doing that.

From where I'm sitting it feels like there's different rules if you're one of the majority. At the very least, I deserve more than being accused of trolling.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
every new bit of information makes the game worse and worse, how can overworld models not be shiny ffs? They literally did it in Let's Go

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I like can't believe the whole thing with the shiny Pokemon. Nobody say it can't get any worse. Don't tempt fate again, lol.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really hoping these games get savaged by reviewers for all these issues but I know they won't.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
O-Overworld models aren't shiny? Are you fucking kidding me? That was like the one good thing from Let's Go.
I liked a lot about Let's Go but the fact that it showed shiny sprites in the overworld was definitely one of the best things. Made shiny hunting actually kind of enjoyable for me.

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
The more I see, the more I hope for a patch. The day/night cycle being messed up feels like a glitch that should be easily patched unless there's a lore reason for those specific areas.

But why though???

Overworld shinies were one of the best things about Let's Go. I mean, at least overworld Pokémon are in but why did they have to be implemented so (seemingly) poorly?
I like can't believe the whole thing with the shiny Pokemon. Nobody say it can't get any worse. Don't tempt fate again, lol.
it can't get worse

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm more that willing to accept people will disagree with me, but I've been criticized for getting too emotional in threads, and in the past several days I've tried to be honest when it feels like I might be doing that.

From where I'm sitting it feels like there's different rules if you're one of the majority. At the very least, I deserve more than being accused of trolling.

I didn't accuse you of trolling, I said, it comes off as trolling even if it is not intended to. I know it was not trolling, knowing your personal post history and interacting with you. But for someone who doesn't, it very well might.

Like, people got bans earlier in this thread for essentially coming in and saying "why are you guys complaining???" I didn't report any of your posts and never would, but understand how you come off when you make these arguments in a thread full of upset and disappointed people who just hours ago learned a core feature from the last ten years has been heavily nerfed.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
User Banned (5 days): antagonizing other users
How could anyone defend this game how? Serebii seriously I hope you've read the last 40+ pages surly now you feel the same.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

sorry this is the funniest shit ever

28a.gif

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
What's the defense going to be for removing overworld shinies, day/night cycle, Hall of Fame, etc.? I like can't believe what I've learned today.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Reading what some people are saying who are playing the game it sounds like, unless there is a Day One patch, that there really is no Day/Night cycle in the game.

That was feature that better fit Alola and the Sun and Moon games, they removed it so Galar would have a different feel.

It is known that the UK has three Suns, like Planet Namek.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
See, I never got the argument that the games couldn't be delayed because of the anime, since the anime is globetrotting this time around.

"Hey kids, today's episode is set in Galar, and you can experience it yourself in Spring 2020!"

Simple. Easy.