• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get what's wrong with kids having to think and problem solve. Yea they took it too far, but I think it shouldn't even be a problem.
I mean, finding Surf for example wasn't a matter of thinking and problem solving. A lot of Gen 1 was just wandering around until you randomly figured out what to do.

But again, Let's Go fixes that without completely dumbing things down. So they know how to make things kids friendly without making things into a straight line. They just... aren't fnrbsjwjwownscva

Seiniyta

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, finding Surf for example wasn't a matter of thinking and problem solving. A lot of Gen 1 was just wandering around until you randomly figured out what to do.

But again, Let's Go fixes that without completely dumbing things down. So they know how to make things kids friendly without making things into a straight line. They just... aren't fnrbsjwjwownscva

Although there's overlap, it is mostly a different team that worked on Let's Go. That's also the younger team, so that might prove promising for the future. It's ironically the older people that seem to want to streamline the games too much.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

Or maybe they don't know how and it's just that they could only mess with gen 1 so much because it already had a base to go off.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Although there's overlap, it is mostly a different team that worked on Let's Go. That's also the younger team, so that might prove promising for the future. It's ironically the older people that seem to want to streamline the games too much.
They're older and don't connect with how kids are now way less than the younger ones.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought you just didn't like third party reps.
These things are related as the game is now made only from the mindset created by it (long time requests and guests only).

I generally prefer when devs just do whatever they want and we judge them for that. Of course there's fan feedback and all, but it can't be everything, the best games in my mind come from teams that want to surprise and are confident in themselves instead of just following what people say. (and before people say GF is like that, Masuda and Ohmori seem to be veeery into focus group stuff going by their several comments about kids and how they consume media)

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Supposably Farfetch'd Evolution method is to have it KO 3 opponents in one battle.

Considering the fairly limited number of trainers that have 3 pokemon in 1 battle... make sure you bring Farfetch'd to those Gym Battles.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
wow, this might be the absolute worst evolution method they;ve introduced thus far if true

I still hate Dusk Lycanroc more.

3a4cdfd9704cd4e2ae08b4ade7c2cb91.gif

But now I can't get the Dusk Doggo, glad I used one for my Ultra Moon run.

Inkay is actually in the game right? How is Inkay evolving now? Still gyro based?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seeing all the New Pokemon neatly laid out on Serebii instead of a bland pastebin...

Fuuuuuuck I want it!

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty confident that Game Freak will take the huge outroar surrounding this game to heart, along with the noticeably lower reviews, but I'm a little worried about what lesson they're gonna take from it.

If I had more confidence in the leadership team I would trust that this wake-up call could be interpreted the right way but we're talking about the company that took feedback from Black and White and made X & Y ;_;

I'm nervous the lesson will be "they didn't like anything new introduced in gen 8 so everyone panic and make gen 7-2, no Wild Area, no co-op, very few Galarmon, no open spaces or routes, make towns deserted so we can crank up the pop-in distance a few extra meters, oh you guys missed Bulbasaur — check out ALL THESE BULBASAURS..." et cetera, et cetera.
Well criticism are definitely Pokedex, EXP Share (maybe depends on how much people talk about it post launch), and Graphics I think will be on the forefront to get addressed in the near future.

Honestly I legitimately think alot of the issues surrounding the core design of the games has to do with them receiving less development time overall as the games are supposed to increase in scope. Gamefreak wants the better presentation but don't know how to balance a big feeling world with more open design yet and would prefer more linear design as not to scare off kids. I think they know Unova is the ideal but making a Unova esqe map with the larger scale 3D visuals is little tougher than what the scale of these games can allow them to do. The fact Let's Go and ORAS more or less kept the same map for their regions sans certain dungeons in ORAS receiving nerfs makes me all the interest in seeing how they handle Gen 4 remakes. Tbh I'm expecting more or less the same map but with Mt Coronet receiving a slightly smaller scale to make it more navigatable. Remember how Mt Coronet contributed to GF wanting to steamline their world design starting with Gen 5 onwards.

I do think TPC will probably try to adjust the release schedule to allow more dev time on these games so unless they really want to skip Gen 8 right now I don't anticipate Gen 9 anytime soon. As for GF taking in the criticisms. I don't know but SwSh are definitely the most maligned Pokemon games we've gotten and I have hopes now would be the time to address their decisions on certain design elements of the franchise.

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently Rapid Spin doesn't remove entry hazards anymore... :O

Can anyone confirm?

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Out of touch I guess.
I enjoyed let's go, if you ignore the candies its not too bad.

Edit: Is there anything stopping my MYSTRY mew from 2006 from getting into this game?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ah come on, those quirky evolution methods are nice! It's only annoying if there's nothing that hints at them. ^^

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for weird evolution methods. In practice, trade evolutions suck ass though.

Even ones that make sense like escavalier and accelgor swapping shell doesn't make up for the in-universe reasoning that you would train up a valued pokemon yourself, but it only evolves when you give it to someone else, and then... ask for it back? It's dumb.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for weird evolution methods. In practice, trade evolutions suck ass though.

Even ones that make sense like escavalier and accelgor swapping shell doesn't make up for the in-universe reasoning that you would train up a valued pokemon yourself, but it only evolves when you give it to someone else, and then... ask for it back? It's dumb.
And then it acts like it doesn't recognize you anymore lmao