• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
So it looks like, surprise surprise, there's no replacement for the GTS. Ugh, that really sucks. I was hoping to get some version exclusive Pokemon passively while I played, but I guess that ain't happening. I'm gonna have to look for Pokemon.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
if you're doing it just to get the events, that isn't necessary any more

www.shacknews.com

How to unlock Gen 4 and 5 Pokemon Mystery Events in 2018

It's now possible for Pokemon fans to open up Mystery Gift events in older Generation 4 and 5 Pokemon titles. Here's how the process works.
i wasn't, but this is very interesting...
You can just play in an emulator and use action replay in there.
but i actually still own my gen 4 carts

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I've just seen Dragapult's stats and moveset.

giphy.gif

120 attack, 142 speed. 88/75/75 bulk.

Dragon Dance, Sucker Punch, Breaking Swipe, Dragon Darts...

Abilities Clear Body and Infiltrator.

That's something.

Oct 25, 2017
So um, what's the point of Rapid Spin if it doesn't even cut hazards anymore? Like instead of making it buff speed and increasing the BP, why not just cut Rapid Spin altogether and just make another move do that instead?

Also as annoying as it sounds, I actually kinda like Farfetch'd's evolution method.
level 60 in wild area, 1% spawn rate

post game only to get up to level 60 catches I believe
Imagine being so excited to catch a Dreepy and finally finding one but not being able to catch it because you're like 6 badges too early.

Wayoshi

Oct 27, 2017
of all the weird typing in this game Falinks being fighting only is the weirdest. should be Bug/Fighting 100%.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
level 60 in wild area, 1% spawn rate

post game only to get up to level 60 catches I believe

Among all of GF's troubling issues, their game design is still somehow the worst.

The way they handle pseudo legendary Pkm is just stupid. They intentionally make their pre-evolutions comparatively weak, hard to level up (slow ex gain) and have them require high levels to evolve to boot, thus making it a complete nonissue if you were to attain them early. Yet, they also prevent exactly that usually, or make it needlessly difficult/obscure.

???

Why not do the cool thing, and make a nice, less overt side quest where, as a reward you get a low level, evo1 pseudo legendary, or perhaps the option to catch them then. That way, people who love to explore can find this exciting quest and get a pretty cool reward. And again, the Evo1-2 stages usually aren't going to be overpowered anyway. Probably far inferior to your starter, even. I'd even say it would be best to remove either the slow XP gain or very high evo level. In any case, it would actually be cool to use these earlier stages of them for once.

But good side-quests are already a pipe dream with GF, so whatever 🤷

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Among all of GF's troubling issues, their game design is still somehow the worst.

The way they handle pseudo legendary Pkm is just stupid. They intentionally make their pre-evolutions comparatively weak, hard to level up (slow ex gain) and have them require high levels to evolve to boot, thus making it a complete nonissue if you were to attain them early. Yet, they also prevent exactly that usually, or make it needlessly difficult/obscure.

???

Why not do the cool thing, and make a nice, less overt side quest where, as a reward you get a low level, evo1 pseudo legendary, or perhaps the option to catch them then. That way, people who love to explore can find this exciting quest and get a pretty cool reward. And again, the Evo1-2 stages usually aren't going to be overpowered anyway. Probably far inferior to your starter, even. I'd even say it would be best to remove either the slow XP gain or very high evo level. In any case, it would actually be cool to use these earlier stages of them for once.

But good side-quests are already a pipe dream with GF, so whatever🤷
I think the second evolution happens at level 60 too, so you just catch a Dreepy and then level it up twice

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
Someone who already has the game is going to become a legend by breeding a metric ton of Dreepy and trading the eggs to people just starting the game.

Please.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017

???

But good side-quests are already a pipe dream with GF, so whatever🤷
I think the second evolution happens at level 60 too, so you just catch a Dreepy and then level it up twice

Yeah this is a very stupid design choice. The whole point of the psuedo's is that you can get the first stage pretty early but they won't be big badasses till much letter. If you can't even catch one prior to 60 what even is the point?