• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon fans who have been exploring the Galar region will soon be able to experience it in a vibrant new way with the release of Pokémon: Twilight Wings, a seven-episode limited animated series.

Pokémon: Twilight Wings, which is separate from Pokémon the Series, is set in the Galar region, where Pokémon battles have developed into a cultural sensation. Over the span of seven episodes, Pokémon: Twilight Wings will show in detail the dreams of Galar's residents, the realities they face, the challenges they must overcome, and the conflicts they must resolve. In addition to these new stories, fans can expect to see a variety of Pokémon originally discovered in the Galar region appearing throughout the capsule series.

Each episode will be approximately five minutes in length. Animation will be provided by Studio Colorido, which is known for its warm and welcoming visual designs and dynamic photographic techniques, as seen in the anime film Penguin Highway. The world of Pokémon is evolving as Trainers explore Galar, and this new era will be brought to life in the form of an anime series created by one of the leading animation studios in Japan.

The first episode of Pokémon: Twilight Wings is expected to premiere on January 15, 2020, on the official Pokémon YouTube channel.

01-full.jpg

Episode 1

English

Korean:
Japanese

Episode 2

English

Episode 3

English

Japanese
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDfyHg9nUQU

the whole series playlist
www.youtube.com

Pokémon: Twilight Wings

Dreams, realities, and challenges collide in Pokémon: Twilight Wings, a seven-episode limited anime series set in the vibrant Galar region!

Last edited:

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Nice!! Pokemon Generations was great and Pokemon Origins was Fine, so I can't wait to see how this turns out.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
The composite on this is fantastic. Iirc shingo yamashita is directing this.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Oh shit look at all of that character animation. Fucking beautiful. Shin Ogasawara and Shingo Yamashita are doing amazing work here.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
lmao kid in the video, you should've seen my match with leon and his unbeatable charizard.
I one shot dat charizard.

edit: just finished watching it, damn i love it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Corviknight's a big bird but this really showcases that way better than the game does

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
That was really nice. Beautiful animation. So Rose is a philanthropist who visits children's hospitals, huh. I like the blonde kid and Corvknight looks badass.

Oct 25, 2017
Why do these side short anime stories always get it so right for me? I wish they would do full length and let it run beside the regular anime

OP
OP
ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. The whole Rose thing was incredibly rushed. He generally seems like a nice, dopey guy.
even in the game, Rose had good intentions, but the nature of how the story was put together made him more of a lunatic at best and Game Freak a dev with too little time at worst.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
This was pretty good. That little flash Rose had of
Leon leaning against Charizard
hit all the right spots.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
I somehow missed this was going to be a thing so it was a pleasant surprise today, touching short little story, is this going to continue these boys adventure or focus more on Leon and Rose?

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This was cool. I liked Rose more in these 6 minutes than the entire game.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I somehow missed this was going to be a thing so it was a pleasant surprise today, touching short little story, is this going to continue these boys adventure or focus more on Leon and Rose?

Judging by this:

" Over the span of seven episodes, Pokémon: Twilight Wings will show in detail the dreams of Galar's residents, the realities they face, the challenges they must overcome, and the conflicts they must resolve."

It will hop around Galar to focus on different characters, presumably with cameos from NPCs from the game. Considering the first ep ends with unrelated shots of Bea, Milo, Alister, Nessa, Hop, and Leon, I'm guessing it'll be new characters meeting them.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The animation is beautiful. So this is what we get instead of a proper Galar season of the show I take it?

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Every time they make a Pokemon anime product that's not in continuity with the Ash-verse, it's always so good, but they're just teasing us with how short they all are.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Did anyone else think that was Bede before they revealed the kid's name?

Also not having anyone speak with British accents feels like a really big missed opportunity, after Nintendo went out of their way to make the localized dialogue as stereotypically British as possible.