• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So in summary:
-Leak seemingly confirmed via Rainbow Rocket
-Battle Agency (Battle Factory clone)
-You can use totem Pokemon
-You can catch all Legendaries

^^^Spoiler tag for those who want to go in blind

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Battling old evil team bosses is cool. Kind of like B/W2's championship, but evil ;D

I hope this finally is enough of an excuse to give players the option to dress as old teams

Oct 27, 2017
I continue to be excited by this game based solely on everything not related to Alola. Team Rainbow Rocket, past legendaries, past bosses...

I know I sound like a Debbie Downer, but I strongly dislike the setting and progression of this generation. It's a pity, because I think that in terms of mechanics and visuals, Pokémon has never been better.

Oct 29, 2017
USA
According to the site, most of the major legendaries are version exclusive. I think similar to how ORAS did it. Based on the list, I may be on the Ultra Moon train after all. I'm still not a fan of the time shift, but it might be interesting playing something different from Sun.

Battle Agency looks very interesting. The rental facility was always my favorite in Platinum, so I hope this can come close.

And of course, villainy hype. Hopefully that whole event is more than just a single dungeon.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
According to the site, most of the major legendaries are version exclusive. I think similar to how ORAS did it. Based on the list, I may be on the Ultra Moon train after all. I'm still not a fan of the time shift, but it might be interesting playing something different from Sun.

Wait what? Argh.

I knew I should have expected this, but that suuuuuucks.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Pardon my ignorance, but this is an expanded rerelase, right? Not a sequel or spinoff?

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So in summary:
-Leak seemingly confirmed via Rainbow Rocket
-Battle Agency (Battle Factory clone)
-You can use totem Pokemon
-You can catch all Legendaries

^^^Spoiler tag for those who want to go in blind

not all legendaries. didn't see no deoxys or genesect and im sure theres a lot more. just the big important ones i guess

DanTheMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yesssssssss almost every legend is what I wanted. I have most of them already but I still need a few.

Now the only thing I need is info on the Regional/National Dex

DeusOcha

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan
As much as I'm hyped up for Team (Rainbow) Rocket and Giovanni coming back, Gamefreak needs to hire people to come up with better names.

Oct 28, 2017
Hau was Barry done right imo.
Barry was a better rival.

I continue to be excited by this game based solely on everything not related to Alola. Team Rainbow Rocket, past legendaries, past bosses...

I know I sound like a Debbie Downer, but I strongly dislike the setting and progression of this generation. It's a pity, because I think that in terms of mechanics and visuals, Pokémon has never been better.
I went back to play Pokemon Y yesterday and holy shit

You can not compare, the entire user experience and UI took a MAJOR step up from Gen 6 to 7

Hau's extreme positivity is eventually challenged, though. He is a young man who constantly believes the best of people and looks for the upside of every situation. But when Lillie leaves for Kanto and it's clear she doesn't share his affections, he is deeply saddened. He sits on the dock, morose, and his previously ironclad optimism is challenged. The camera hangs on him briefly because this trial of his character challenges his ability to remain positive even in the most personally heartbreaking situations.

But he does decide to smile and he does pick himself up. This is important because even though we know he is heartbroken, he acts as if he is not. This creates depth to how because it conveys that the emotion he's showing is not always what he is feeling. And while he genuinely wants everyone to be happy and will preach that truth, it's not always easy for him either.

This is so much better than the insipid group of friends in XY who have the personalities of Teletubbies.

An entire game worth of Hau's nonsense for a meesily little cutscene about him going back to his fake as hell Jimmy Fallon-esque persona is useless.

Bro.

Freaking Silver in G/S had better character development. LOL.

And Wally.

Boy Wally was an insipid character in RSE but they actually did something decent with him in ORAS

As much as I'm hyped up for Team (Rainbow) Rocket and Giovanni coming back, Gamefreak needs to hire people to come up with better names.
Rainbow for Hawaii my guy

Last edited:

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda off topic but do you guys think that Junichi Masuda will direct a pokemon game again?

It would seem he has handed off the director role completely to Ohmori. Doesn't mean he won't be involved obviously but I think it's good to have someone fresh at the helm. Some people didn't like what he did with Sun and Moon but I loved the story focus of it.