• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Random question: I'm planning on restarting my copy of US and wanted to breed a Chimchar with Power-Up Punch. While doing some research on other egg moves i'd like to give it, I found out Power-Up Punch is exclusive to US/UM. If I were to trade an egg with a Power-Up Punch Chimchar over to my copy of vanilla Moon, restart, then trade back, would the egg still know Power-Up Punch?

Simultaneously, is there a list of Pokémon that can't be traded over to vanilla Sun & Moon? The new Ultra Beasts seem to be a no but I keep finding conflicting information pertaining to Dusk Lycanroc and don't want to waste my time breeding an Own Tempo Rockruff if I can't trade one back.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Random question: I'm planning on restarting my copy of US and wanted to breed a Chimchar with Power-Up Punch. While doing some research on other egg moves i'd like to give it, I found out Power-Up Punch is exclusive to US/UM. If I were to trade an egg with a Power-Up Punch Chimchar over to my copy of vanilla Moon, restart, then trade back, would the egg still know Power-Up Punch?

Simultaneously, is there a list of Pokémon that can't be traded over to vanilla Sun & Moon? The new Ultra Beasts seem to be a no but I keep finding conflicting information pertaining to Dusk Lycanroc and don't want to waste my time breeding an Own Tempo Rockruff if I can't trade one back.
I'm pretty sure it won't have power up punch if you trade it to another game where the egg move isnt possible. You could just trade it to someone here and then trade back when you unlock festival Plaza in your ultra sun

You can't trade:

Poipole
Naganadel
Blacephalon
Stakataka
Necrozma forms
Zeraora
20th Anniversary Movie Ash Cap Pikachu
Own Tempo Rockruff
Dusk Lycanroc

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm pretty sure it won't have power up punch if it hatches in a game where it can't learn it as an egg mover

You can't trade:

Poipole
Naganadel
Blacephalon
Stakataka
Necrozma forms
Zeraora
20th Anniversary Movie Ash Cap Pikachu
Own Tempo Rockruff
Dusk Lycanroc
What I mean is if I trade it back to Ultra Sun after trading it to Moon, will having it in vanilla Moon mean that the move will no longer exist when I trade it back to Ultra Sun and hatch it?

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What I mean is if I trade it back to Ultra Sun after trading it to Moon, will having it in vanilla Moon mean that the move will no longer exist when I trade it back to Ultra Sun and hatch it?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it won't have the egg move once it goes to a game where it's not possible. You could trade the egg to someone here and then trade back when you've unlocked festival Plaza after resetting. Hell I could do it now if you want.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it won't have the egg move once it goes to a game where it's not possible. You could trade the egg to someone here and then trade back when you've unlocked festival Plaza after resetting. Hell I could do it now if you want.
I appreciate the offer but I need some time to actually get the IVs I want, plus I need to trade over two other eggs (though these ones are all good to go). If you're available in an hour or so, I would gladly accept.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
ugh. Up to 1000 eggs hatched and still no shiny eevee using masuda + shiny charm... starting to think a. I did it wrong or b. my game doesn't create shinies.

BenJafaar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, don't know where to ask this so I'll try t here.

I'm gettin a N2DS XL this week an want to get back into Pokemon.
Only played until 3. Gen. What would be the best one to get my feet wet? US/UM?

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
If I got an Eevee off gts and it said JPN and I breed it with my Eevee from USA, that is masuda method right??

1500 Eevee eggs and I'm no fucking closer to a shiny.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Bringing this thread back from the dead for a simple question:

Do you recommend using the Exp. Share in USUM? Does it make the game too easy?

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017

USUM's level curve is higher than SM. I tried not using Exp share and it went well for the most part. I reached a point where I needed it though. In the mid to late game unless your mons are beasts you will need exp-share to level up your pokémon a bit. Trust me, there is a boss (unless you know who it is) that will wreck your team if it's not leveled up enough (and even then it's gonna be tough).

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
USUM's level curve is higher than SM. I tried not using Exp share and it went well for the most part. I reached a point where I needed it though. In the mid to late game unless your mons are beasts you will need exp-share to level up your pokémon a bit. Trust me, there is a boss (unless you know who it is) that will wreck your team if it's not leveled up enough (and even then it's gonna be tough).
So is this a yes or no? :P
I'm playing through Ultra Moon for the first time and want a challenge but not too much grind.

Edit: I'm just going to try it without and see how it goes. Sometimes I overthink those little details way too much.

Last edited:

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
So is this a yes or no? :P
I'm playing through Ultra Moon for the first time and want a challenge but not too much grind.

Edit: I'm just going to try it without and see how it goes. Sometimes I overthink those little details way too much.
Can't say yes or no, it's mostly up to you tbh haha.
Try it, if you see you are behind in level and can't progress, turn it on.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017

If you want a challenge, then I recommend avoiding the exp share as USUM is actually one of the tougher games in the series if you avoid the share and other similar crutches.

There is an "infamously tough" boss late game designed to outlevel the player even with the exp share which many people have complained about, but it's totally doable with no exp share with the right strategy.

1 gift from SuperNHG64

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from SuperNHG64 SuperNHG64!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

SuperNHG64 said:
Code is redeemable in any EU/AUS/NZ gen 7 game. Enjoy!

These are our awesome prizes:

• 3DS 3DS: EU Shiny Solgaleo/Lunala code - Won by poropat poropat (8 entries)