• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

vxJW7vY.gif

Pokémon UltraSun & UltraMoon
Developer: GameFreak
Publisher:
Nintendo
Release date: 17th November 2017

New features and Pokémon forms
yJknpkv.png

The Ultra Recon Squad, who are they?

bpKPkjC.gif

And more surprises...

04I6Y2b.gif

And he brought some friends, can't wait to meet them

And as always, Serebii and the official Pokémon site are your friends if you need specific info ;)

Adopt-a-user thread, on behalf of Galava

t8R4jo9.png

Last edited:

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
this is maybe the least mainline pokemon game i am exciting for, but i am getting it anyway.

Blackquill

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol nice title

but the game is a pass for me, sun & moon was a massive disappointement and seeing people talking about USUM isn't hype inducing at all

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have my preorder in but I'm not feeling the hype, I asked my gaming buddies when it was releasing (Since I forgot) and non of them knew.

Should be good ol' pokémon tho, looking forward to it.

Oct 29, 2017
USA
Tomorrow can't come any sooner. I wish I could just go to sleep now and not wake up until morning.

I'm going from Sun to Ultra Moon, so I think this will feel fresh enough. I've followed the leaks and believe I have my expectations set to an appropriate level.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just new Pokemon forms? Or new Pokemon too?
I think I saw that you can get every legendary Pokemon in this one? That's pretty cool.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
My copy arrives tomorrow and Ultrasun will be the final game I am going to play on my 3DS. Time to retire that 240p "goodness".

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
this is maybe the least mainline pokemon game i am exciting for, but i am getting it anyway.
I was telling someone the other day, I think everyone affords themself one game to serves as little more than a comforting timesink. Even if they know they could play something new, or different, or better, that special indulgence always seems to seize their idle time more easily than anything else.

For me, that's Pokémon. These Ultra games are missing literally the only features I had hoped to see, but it was never going to sway me from buying it. I've been playing Moon continuously since launch. It made sense for me to upgrade if only to remain up to date with my favorite opiate.

Is it just new Pokemon forms? Or new Pokemon too?
I think I saw that you can get every legendary Pokemon in this one? That's pretty cool.[/QUOT

There's only one new form, Dusk Lycanroc. Everything else is an new Pokémon (which are all legendaries). The lack of new forms, particularly regional variants, is an especially sore spot for lots of fans.

May I ask for the meaning behind the title or am I killing the joke?

Anyways, I love Pokémon, loved Moon, getting Ultra Moon tomorrow. Managed to avoid most spoilers!

It's a repeated joke from Bojack Horseman. Whenever two characters are in the room together, one of them asks this question. It's a ham-fisted catchphrase that's funny because it's not funny. Also, unrelated, but you have a really beautiful avatar. Is that art from something?

Last edited:

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
There still hasn't been word on the timing of a Pokemon Bank update right?

I'm curious if they will update it for launch or if we will be waiting a bit.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Got my eggs ready to trade over. My team will be
Decideueye
Greninja
Blaziken
Kimmo-o
Dusk Lycanroc
Scizor

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
There still hasn't been word on the timing of a Pokemon Bank update right?

I'm curious if they will update it for launch or we will be waiting a bit.

It will probably be updated in December. I think that's what happened with the base games.

Got my eggs ready to trade over. My team will be
Decideueye
Greninja
Blaziken
Kimmo-o
Dusk Lycanroc
Scizor

You are going to demolish the game with those killing machines. Please have mercy.

Deleted member 12162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love the new features section. Your wonderful mom, a blushing Rotodex, you regretting that time you ran someone over...

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I've been thinking of a team and I'm considering:
  • Primarina
  • Alolan Sandslash (Snowslash)
  • Alolan Marowak
  • Tsareena
  • Bewear
  • Dusk Form Lycanroc
Kinda similar to my moon team of
  • Decidueye
  • Alolan Ninetales (Fairytales)
  • Alolan Muk
  • Dewpider
  • Mimikyu
  • Salazzle
So basically 4 Gen 7 Pokemon and 2 Alolan forms

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Been playing Ultra Moon for a bit already (thanks Simply Games!) and my word they *really* wanna push Dark types. Chose Litten 'cause I chose Rowlet in Sun and Popplio does little for me, or at least its evolutions don't, but back on point- Zorua, Meowth (Alola), Grimer (Alola), Inkay and heck even Yungoos learns Pursuit as its first learnt move lol. Dark type everywhere... and it's just a couple of hours in.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Please tell me the game actually takes a picture of the pokemon you beat the elite four with (with the ability to display their nicknames too). Was one of the tiniest things I missed the most in Sun and Moon. It's a super small thing But I enjoy looking over all my champion teams with pictures of who I used.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I love the new features section. Your wonderful mom, a blushing Rotodex, you regretting that time you ran someone over...
Thank Pokémon japan for that "gallery"

Please tell me the game actually takes a picture of the pokemon you beat the elite four with (with the ability to display their nicknames too). Was one of the tiniest things I missed the most in Sun and Moon. It's a super small thing But I enjoy looking over all my champion teams with pictures of who I used.
You can take pictures in "some building" with any of your pokémon and put stickers on them.

Oct 29, 2017
USA
I'm not bothering to plan my team this time beyond Incineroar and Dusk Lycanroc so long as they pull their weight. For the rest, I'll be making it up as I go.

I am tempted to throw Hawlucha in there because of reasons.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tomorrow can't come any sooner. I wish I could just go to sleep now and not wake up until morning.

I'm going from Sun to Ultra Moon, so I think this will feel fresh enough. I've followed the leaks and believe I have my expectations set to an appropriate level.

I'm actually thinking of doing this as well.

If this is set in an alternate reality, why not make it even more alternate?

Should be fun!

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of new stuff I want to try out competitively in this game. New Pokemon and a bunch of old ones getting new moves.

For my playthrough I'm probably going to trade over some Pokemon for the fun of it.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

I'm doing the same! But going from Moon to Ultra Sun. Be nice for the game to actually be the time of day I'm playing lol

Shal

Oct 27, 2017
If I play this game with the normal N3DS will it implode? It already felt stuttery with pokemon sun at times, I wonder how this games will play on it.

Lazrgatr

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Did they improve the god awful beginning where you had several hours of unskippable cutscenes?

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone else sit down and figure out exactly what there team is going to be before they play the game? I know some people like to go in blind but I'm the exact pposite. I look up all the pokemon and there moves and decide a few weeks beforehand what I want to do. I don't build good teams per say, I just try to make a team entirely out of new pokemon that I've never used before. If it's a new generation my team has to be pokemon that are completely new, if it's a remake or a 2nd version I just try to use guys I've never played around with before.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone else sit down and figure out exactly what there team is going to be before they play the game? I know some people like to go in blind but I'm the exact pposite. I look up all the pokemon and there moves and decide a few weeks beforehand what I want to do. I don't build good teams per say, I just try to make a team entirely out of new pokemon that I've never used before. If it's a new generation my team has to be pokemon that are completely new, if it's a remake or a 2nd version I just try to use guys I've never played around with before.

Of course.

There was a site that helped you do this for S/M, hope it's updated for USUM soon...I don't know who I'm gonna use since S/M had some troubling distribution habits like Pokemon you can't get till super late (or evolve super late, like Vikavolt and Crabominable), or too many gimmicky Pokemon that just don't seem fun to use in the main game.

Rowlet's my Starter, and I'll probably pick up the Event Rockruff...but I don't know who else yet.

Comet

Oct 27, 2017
Got to plow through this one before Xenoblade 2. Hoping I can do a Nuzlocke...