• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EHJjDDcW4AEyB6q

Twitter pic thanks to @1991Pokemon

Queue closed at 11am as a 9 hour waiting time, is anybody here going anytime soon?

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
...why?

I've been to the Pokemon Centers in Tokyo, they're neat but nothing super special. Why the hell would you wait in line for one?

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hope the lunacy's calmed down by the time I visit it weekend after next.
...why?

I've been to the Pokemon Centers in Tokyo, they're neat but nothing super special. Why the hell would you wait in line for one?
Because there's never been one here before, and this one's only sticking around for a month.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Were there any exclusives?
Lots of people resell for baby profit so if anything went for $5-10 more than retail its considered profit to them

lol 9 hours, I wouldn't do that even if Sword/Shield was for sale early.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going in a couple of weeks, hopefully things will have died down a bit by then. I want that London City Pikachu!

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
...I'm jealous.

I also wish to fuck we had those cool Japanese cafes.

(^clicky! they honestly sound tasty too)

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
...I'm jealous.

I also wish to fuck we had those cool Japanese cafes.

(^clicky! they honestly sound tasty too)
I went to one in Tokyo with some friends and it was fun as hell. There were a billion plushes everywhere, and a staff member walking around in a pikachu suit.

Food wasn't terrible either.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

FoxyGanondorf

alt account
Banned
Oct 11, 2019
I got excited for a second until I saw that the store is closing in November. :( I'm going to London in March.

My wife would've loved one of those Pikachu plushies.

Almeister

Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon sadly isn't for kids anymore but they keep designing the games for them.

That was the great thing about Pokemon Uranium, it felt like it was (and I'm sure that was the intent) a game designed for the players who'd grown up playing pokemon, rather than kids playing it for the first time.

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could visit but I'm busy working, I've been to the Tokyo store three times already, and I'm relocating to Osaka in March, so I'll be able to visit the Osaka and Kyoto stores regularly then. My Scyther and Dragonite plushies need some company.

Fintendo

Jun 5, 2019
I wish this was permanent instead of M&M's world.. Hope it isnt busy all month, what would I get for £30?

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really hoping it calms down a little when it's not opening day.
I'm supposed to be visiting it some time next week, but all the talk of things having already sold out on day one and the ludicrous lines have me worried now.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh? Pokémon is for kids, it's just that adult have money and kids don't.

This too.
I don't see much love from kids anymore personally. Sad to see my son and friends not care anymore. Seems like 80/90s kids are the reason it's still relevant. That's just the way I see it. Most kids are playing fortnite or watching YouTube

Dec 2, 2017
Advice for people going

- go with a line buddy, it's a long wait, you will need a pee break
- some form of portable charger if you want to Pokemon Go while you wait
- Water also.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Was fortunate enough to go to two in Tokyo earlier in the year and was like a kid in a candy shop. Great fun.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Probably for the best I don't live near a Pokemon Center because their shit is exactly the kind of cute random ass products I love, and they are constantly adding new things. I want it all.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Woke up at 0530 today.
Left at 0700.
Arrived at 0745.
Waited in line until 1000.
Bought a small Ditto, played the demo, talked to a TPC rep in Japanese, went home.
All in all, a great day, felt sorry for those who were waiting so long and seemed as though the Events company was stressing by noon around how many had actually shown up.