• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Just confirmed today during the Pokemon World Championships.
DlXujCkV4AArm6u.jpg

You all probably already know considering that there were multiple threads about this.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The only movie franchise I am actively hoping is a cinematic universe.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like this is the only video game to movie adaption that could hit it out of the park. Both critically and commercially this can do really well

But This movie is supposed to launch like week after infinity war part 2 ....good luck x.x

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
The Detective Pikachu film being called Detective Pikachu somehow doesn't strike me as that big of a reveal.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This film still feels cynical because it only got made because of the Go release.

I hope the team behind it took the opportunity to make something good out of it. We need at least one good mainstream video game movie.

And I have higher hopes for this than I do for the Super Mario movie by Illumination.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Ryan Reynolds. Devito is only in our hearts.

I can't believe there's a live-action Sonic and Pokemon movie coming out in the same year.

Older millenials want to take their kids to see franchises they grew up with. We '90s now!

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I feel like this is the only video game to movie adaption that could hit it out of the park. Both critically and commercially this can do really well

But This movie is supposed to launch like week after infinity war part 2 ....good luck x.x
Avengers is early may/late april.
Pokémon is summer, so not before late june.

Edit : apparently they said may ?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The way the neon sign in front is just "Eevee Records" reminds me of the set design from another classic Nintendo adaptation...

07setdesign.jpg

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
At least Misty and Brock aren't in this. I'm glad for that at least. Unless they throw them in there as a background cameo.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Pokémon Cinematic Universe is upon us.

Never thought I would hear myself say that 20 years later.

Oct 30, 2017
November 2018 - Pokémon Let's Go
Summer 2019 - Pokémon Detective Pikachu Movie
Fall 2019 - Pokémon Core RPG

That's alot of Pokémon

I'm sure the synergy between Pokemon Go updates for mobile, Pokémon Let's Go casual game for Switch, Pokémon movie and finally a core Pokémon game for Switch will all help the sales from the constant marketing for Pokémon IP. Let's not also forget abkut Pokémon anime show and movie too.

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game was brain dead terrible, I hope there is some (ironic ?) fun to be had with the movie.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
November 2018 - Pokémon Let's Go
Summer 2019 - Pokémon Detective Pikachu Movie
Fall 2019 - Pokémon Core RPG

That's alot of Pokémon

I'm sure the synergy between Pokemon Go updates for mobile, Pokémon Let's Go casual game for Switch, Pokémon movie and finally a core Pokémon game for Switch will all help the sales from the constant marketing for Pokémon IP. Let's not also forget abkut Pokémon anime show and movie too.

Nintendo should have spaced Pokemon out for 2020 for the Olympic games marketing hype.

Probably have something else in store already though.

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just in time for the Switch remaster, right guys?
You don't want it. Play Trace Memory on the DS, or virtually any Layton or Ace Attorney instead, they are better adventure games.
The puzzles and story are an absolute joke and the production values not even close to enough to get you through this dreadfully boring game.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The one sign next to eevee says castelia cone. Gen 5 rep!

Now to put in a pokemon from the Vanillite line alongside it. If only to see some people freak out over the Ice Cream Pokemon getting in over their favourites.

(I'm hoping for Milotic, Roserade, Hawlucha or Mawile myself to show up in the film somewhere, though hopefully they can get every pokemon to cameo in there somehow. All 800+ of them.)

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Now to put in a pokemon from the Vanillite line alongside it. If only to see some people freak out over the Ice Cream Pokemon getting in over their favourites.

(I'm hoping for Milotic, Roserade, Hawlucha or Mawile myself to show up in the film somewhere, though hopefully they can get every pokemon to cameo in there somehow. All 800+ of them.)
I can already picture an entire theatre of genwunners at once all screaming "FUCKING ICE CREAM!"

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't help but feel this will be a lower key affair than I originally expected. not that I expected a huge blockbuster, of course