• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Too early to announce a new game, so what could it be about other than Home?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if that Mystery Dungeon title people keep speculating about will finally happen.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Pokemon Direct that wasn't about mainline games, and it seems too early for Gen IV remakes, so that's kind of a downer. Pokemon spinoffs have been dire for years.

But hey maybe it'll be something interesting, like SwSh DLC or whatever!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Not the Direct I had in mind, but whatever. I was kind of hoping that Game Freak would take a year off, to be honest.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Guessing we're gonna get Detective Pikachu Switch and Home details along with a tease for Diamond and Pearl remakes. Hoping a new spin-off gets announced too.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, this seems kinda early for a Pokemon focused Direct. I think that's the only thing that's puzzling for me right now.

Either way, guess mostly spin-off and side game focus, then?

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Less than 2 months after Sword/Shield launching feels too soon to announce the next RPGs for me - don't the Pokemon Company normally wait a little longer?

Like a lot of people are expecting, Pokemon Home unveiling seems a good bet. I'm torn on whether there'll be new software - I guess a spin-off or remake is likeliest. What if they do a paid expansion for Sword/Shield rather than an 'Ultra' version? That feels unlikely again, given it's much more profitable to do another retail release.

C'mon Pokemon Snap 2.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
*when people talk about remakes"

I played them, I don't want to play them again smh

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I expect the announcement of the 35 old Pokemon coming back in SwSh through raids.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Pokemon Direct that wasn't about mainline games, and it seems too early for Gen IV remakes, so that's kind of a downer. Pokemon spinoffs have been dire for years.

But hey maybe it'll be something interesting, like SwSh DLC or whatever!
This is Game Freak we're talking about, so DLC is pretty damn unlikely.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Home seems likely. They held one for Bank before it released iirc.

Maybe we'll find out more about Sleep too :)

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
They need big stuff for this year if there's no mainline game. Home, SwSh DLC alongside some performance update, DP 2 and another spinoff.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes!!!

Hopefully they add the Nat Dex to SwSh, talk about Home (and it being free), and announce rad spin offs and a Gen IV remake

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo need to just buy them all up and take full control over Pokemon something need to be done, that not make cute new pokemon and about real changes to the gameplay

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Not the direct I wanted for my birthday... it sucks because I used to be a huge fan. 😢

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I don't give a shit about pokemon home after I lost all my Pokemon to the Bank

Plum

May 31, 2018
People got themselves hyped up for a general direct based on little to no evidence.

- No major Nintendo news since September (not even The Game Awards)
- Fighter Pack 5 is still nowhere to be seen
- Multiple unannounced SKUs have been in Gamestop's servers since November
- Nintendo's 2020 is completely barren past Animal Crossing

Sure there wasn't much in the way of 'proper' evidence but I don't think anyone would have ever predicted a Pokemon Direct to be this year's first Direct instead of something actually substantial.

I didn't say they were?

I mean that's what the snarky "Well this is going to be received well," posts usually say.