• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Nintendo need to just buy them all up and take full control over Pokemon something need to be done, that not make cute new pokemon and about real changes to the gameplay
Not going to happen sadly.
The actual Nintendo President was one of the executives of The Pokemon Company.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo need to just buy them all up and take full control over Pokemon something need to be done, that not make cute new pokemon and about real changes to the gameplay
yeah i'm sure nintendo is very unhappy with the games selling gang busters. they need to step in and stop making boat loads of cash because hardcore fans don't like those games.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Not the Direct we wanted but we got both a Pokemon Direct and a regular one back in February last year so still hope

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Either way, guess mostly spin-off and side game focus, then?

I hope so. The only thing is keeping me to get uninterested about this Direct are the chance of spin off, especially if they are not fit for mobile but can have a audience at Switch. I can see they could announce some dlc and patches for SwSh tho.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
20 minutes of Pokemon Home, no general Direct until E3. Live like you're dying.
/s

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
9:30 AM PT? But that's when I Pokémon Sleep™!

It's a bummer this is the first direct of the year >.<

... Unless we get Pokemon Conquest 2 or Pokemon Pinball: Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire.

dumbyugi

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Home launch date will obviously be here but I doubt they'd do a direct just for that. Seems too early for announcing the next main games so here's hoping for some cool spinoffs. Gimme a new Mystery Dungeon please.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
So... Don't watch it ?

People really can't help themselves whenever something is not for them in this place....as if this Direct was a substitute for the general big Q1 Direct.
I mean, everyone in the Direct Speculation thread was literally just redirected here, so yes, I'm going to post my thoughts on the news.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
- No major Nintendo news since September (not even The Game Awards)
- Fighter Pack 5 is still nowhere to be seen
- Multiple unannounced SKUs have been in Gamestop's servers since November
- Nintendo's 2020 is completely barren past Animal Crossing

Sure there wasn't much in the way of 'proper' evidence but I don't think anyone would have ever predicted a Pokemon Direct to be this year's first Direct instead of something actually substantial.

I mean that's what the snarky "Well this is going to be received well," posts usually say.

It was just a tongue in cheek comment. Don't really get where you're coming from.

And it's not like the thread has proven me wrong thus far.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
All the series needs is a switch to double battle format, more caves/dungeons and harder opponents. Battle system is still extremely fun.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
- No major Nintendo news since September (not even The Game Awards)
- Fighter Pack 5 is still nowhere to be seen
- Multiple unannounced SKUs have been in Gamestop's servers since November
- Nintendo's 2020 is completely barren past Animal Crossing

Sure there wasn't much in the way of 'proper' evidence but I don't think anyone would have ever predicted a Pokemon Direct to be this year's first Direct instead of something actually substantial.

I mean that's what the snarky "Well this is going to be received well," posts usually say.
We've gotten Pokemon Directs and Nintendo Directs in the same month before and Nintendo has shown that they are willing to wait until February.

Yeah, my first thought was that this would just be for Home too. But I can't imagine devoting this much time to Home. Unless Home is significantly more robust and feature-packed than we ever imagined it feels like the sort of thing that would only take 5 minutes tops.
Home is going to have quite a few nice features based on what we know, but they are probably going to talk about spinoffs as well.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Please
Please please be home

I just wanna use my competitive Pokemon from previous games

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Diamond and Pearl are definitely coming this year. This can't be for Home only.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Uh this is surprising. I would find it really, really strange if Pokémon GigaSword and GigaShield were announced so early. But, at the same time, also the remakes.. They will surely discuss Pokémon Home, but I doubt that is enough. Typically stuff such as Home is jsut managed with some news on the websites.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to be disappointed by Pokemon again!

Hopefully it's some kind of interesting spin off and not just a failing attempt at trying to make home look any better than just having the pokemon in the actual games.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting details on:

- Pokemon Home (and release information, likely something stupid like launching in Japan in March, North America in April, and Europe in May)
- Pokemon Home subscription, $5 a month (includes bonuses like Pokémon TV and Pokémon Go items)
- Pokemon Sword and Shield event (free Bulbasaur and Squirtle)
- Pokemon Sleep
- Detective Pikachu
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is the surprise reveal

No information on Diamond and Pearl remakes. Please be excited.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon Home launch date will obviously be here but I doubt they'd do a direct just for that. Seems too early for announcing the next main games so here's hoping for some cool spinoffs. Gimme a new Mystery Dungeon please.
Pokémon Directs have always announced main games. This won't be the exception.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Aren't mainline game presentations always done by and on the Pokemon Youtube channel? The one from TPC?

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
That is a bigger letdown than Sony's CES showing.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
20 minutes of Danny DaVito in a Raichu costume eating pancakes and explaining how there won't be another Nintendo Direct until E3

Tali'Zorah

Oct 27, 2017
Norfolk, UK
Zero interest in this direct but at the very least there is no reason why this means there won't be a regular direct as well, last February saw both a regular direct and a Pokemon direct (albeit the regular one first), while there was a Pokemon direct literally a week before a regular direct in Feb/March 2016, so nothing to really indicate that the expected regular direct isn't still coming

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am going to be so disappointed if Detective Pikachu 2 doesn't star Danny Devito

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Curious.

I assume Pokemon Home and Pokemon Sleep may make appearances. Perhaps the next mainline game too, though it feels a bit early on the heels of Sword and Shield.

Maybe we will get some rereleases, like RBY and GSC for Switch.