• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are the two new areas fully open-world like the wild area from the base game?

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
They know how to hook me hard.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team is one of my favourite games ever - I've already preordered (well I'm opening my Switch right now to do so). It looks fantastic, it's not as nice-looking as the sprite art on the GBA/DS, but the style is really well done. I love the music remix too. So happy (and hopeful that this means that a Explorers remake is on the way in a few years should this sell well)

The expansion pass looks really good - I'm so happy that third versions seem to be dead. A lot of the new Pokemon shown in the direct looked really cool too.

Actually a really solid direct seeing as I went in with below zero expectations.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't be happier. I now have a reason to buy Pokémon Sword and don't have to worry about a 'third' version. I'm so glad that tradition is dead.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Okay Gamefreak, I will finally check out third game content. This was the way to go if they were going to continue having this kind of content.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
It's so like Nintendo to be 5 years behind, what with releasing incomplete games and charging for DLC to complete the experience.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
It's $30 TOTAL for Armor and Crown Tundra, BUT if you're buying it for Sword and Shield you're dropping $60.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wait you can't purchase them separately right

Why say they're 29.99 each then(I know why)

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
So after this direct does someone still think that SwSh is nintendoomed?
SwSh was always going to sell, but the fact that leaks mentioned "armor" way back before means they were planning on something along these lines either for the main game or before we got the game, and the other cut/shorthand features still make SwSh one of the most woefully under developed titles in the franchise.

That being said Platinum turned me around on Diamond and Pearl, which I despised before that, so this could work to turn the game around. I've always thought they should be supported in post to train new talent and have people working on stuff without starting from scratch personally.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
You know what? Tentatively excited

Just like with SwSh, they've got me hooked with the Pokemon designs, now let's see how the rest of the game shakes out.

Also lmao at adding 200 more Pokemon, I guess they're trying to split the difference with people who were upset about the snap? I'm not sure paying to get back 40% of what was culled is going to make people too happy but sure

Oct 29, 2017
Thought this looked great and impressed that GameFreak are moving with the times. Wondered how some people were spinning this to actually be awful, Era never disappoints.

mueske

Apr 11, 2019
Wait you need both base games if you want both expansions? What the fuck kind of bullshit is that?

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People complaining about the $30 price: How would ya'll have felt if they just announced "Pokemon Armor" and "Pokemon Tundra" and sold them as their own $60 games featuring these content exclusive to each version. Better?

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
It's terribly phrased, but I'm pretty sure they meant $30 per pass ($30 for the sword version and $30 for the shield version) not $30 per piece of dlc.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They also said each expansion contains different content based on the version you have. So if you want to see it all and get all the Pokemon, you need both.

You can get all the pokémon trading. It's the same for Sword and Shield and pretty much any pokémon.

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
hopefully this means the eventual gen 4 remakes actually have all the pokemon

i'm interested to see how they'll balance the DLC stuff. i probably won't go back and beat sword and shield, but my friend tells me it's super easy to hit level 100 in the post game

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Given how restrictive and barebones the original releases of ShSw were, I'm... not very excited to be asked for $30 more (per game) to flesh it out with the content I was kind of expecting to be there in the first place.