• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
People complaining about the $30 price: How would ya'll have felt if they just announced "Pokemon Armor" and "Pokemon Tundra" and sold them as their own $60 games featuring these content exclusive to each version. Better?

Or they just put this type of content in the now $60 base games like they used to?

We used to get this amount of content (and more) in $40 games.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For sword and shield, not each dlc pack within the expansion pass.
lmhdavb.png

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
This seems great. Dex being updated for free and also the DLC is still way cheaper than buying a whole new third game.. unless you want both. But either way seems pretty standard and the new content seems pretty meaty. I don't get why there's some negative comments about them charging for DLC when that's essentially been what the third versions were for decades. *facepalm*

Oct 27, 2017
So after this direct does someone still think that SwSh is nintendoomed?
Ahh, we're back to the old strawman nonexistent poster who thought SwSh wouldn't do crazy good like every other pokemon game. No, the base games will still be underwhelming, but this might make up for them. I'm not preordering a game from Gamefreak again though. I'm waiting to see how this actually turns out

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
So there will still be around 200 Pokemon that didn't make it over

I'd assume it's weird stuff like Unown and Smeargle that they didn't want to bother with their gimmicks.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What is up with Home? Holy shit, it's out next month - they should have had a full breakdown before SwSh were even released and we still have no idea what it looks like, what features it has, how much it will cost...

Really blows my mind. Like, is it just awful? Are they trying to hide it?

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on team "$30 for both Armor and Crown", but the wording couldn't have been worse.

It's $30 "each" for the Sword Expansion Pass and Shield Expansion Pass. That's my take.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's two expansions, so when it says 30 each, I'm going to assume they mean 30 for Isles of Armor, and 30 for The Crown Tundra.

They call them parts though not differing expansions. Pretty sure if you just wanted the expansion (isle and tundra) on one game, it's $30

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Wait, so the ending got cut off? What will we be able "acc-"????

Honestly, this looks really cool. It's a bummer that it's so far out, but I hope that gives them plenty of time to add the full National Dex to the games. Please don't have a dexit repeat GF. Hopefully they've realized how much that derailed the conversation about the game.

Also, I am definitely interpreting it as "$30 for Sword expansion pass, $30 for Shield expansion pass," not that each of the two content packs will cost $30 lol

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
how hard is it to get?
if you have shield, you should get shield expansion for 30 bucks
if you have sword, you should get sword expansion for 30 bucks
if you're a weirdo and have both and want both dlcs, you'll pay 60 bucks
the isle of armor and crown thundra can't be purchased separately and are both part of the same expansion pass. think botw's expansion 1 and 2.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The skipped part was an in-game link to the eShop in the menu after the update, and a Pikachu clothing set + an Eevee clothing set as a bonus for buying the expansion pack that you can use immediately.

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
RESCUE TEAM REMAKES AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
They look so pretty!
I'll admit I'm *slightly* disappointed its not a completely new PMD game, but Rescue Team was still fun and being able to return to it with a fresh coat of HD paint sounds really nice.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Was surprise we not getting the 60 dollar release a year later. At least for anyone not buying the expansion, the missing pokemon are getting patched into the game.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
This is exactly what I wanted, no more full price third version or Ultra version, sad that not all of the National Dex is coming back still

Plum

May 31, 2018
The stream was perfectly fine on the Nintendo UK channel. It was the European one (price in pounds and euroes at the end) so I guess it's just the American team who fucked up.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
The Pass is $29.99 for each version of the game. It will include both Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra.

The only people that would be buying both Passes for each game would be those that bought each of the games.

I still like it better than the third version (B/W2 or US/UM games) they could have done for $59.99 each

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
I'm significantly happier about Pokemon than I have been in a very long time, I'm glad they decided to add back a good chunk of pokemon after all. Also...

5a8.jpg

You will never. EVER. Escape the genies.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The expansion pass for each game
Yes, the Sword version or the Shield version.

Either purchase contains both DLCs. Otherwise they wouldn't be calling this an Expansion Pass with a Part 1 and Part 2.
You buy "Expansion Pass" that contain 2 part.
Yeah sorry I misread what the original post said. I thought they meant $30 for both passes. My bad.