• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's in a game?

• a miserable pile of secrets

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • a clock resetting

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • a bag of dead hype

Votes: 25 16.3%
  • a jmon

Votes: 55 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I'm sure Charizard will be the Fly poke
I'd like them to have other Pokémon than in S/M for Pokéride, I remember seeing Charizard being the flying Pokémon.

Wouldn't Machamp be better for strength and Rock Smash should be done by another pokemon (Primeape, Hitmonchan etc)
Yeah, I was going to post that at first. But he seems the most logical one for Rock Smash, I don't know why. When I think Rock Smash, I picture a Pokémon performing a chop to break a rock. I always associated Karate Chop as Machop line move.

And Rhydon seems like a good fit for Strength, no?

In S/M, Tauros was the Roch Smash pokemon, so I don't think they would change that. Same with strengh (that was Machamp) and Fly (Charizard)
And that's why I want other Pokémon to be included in Pokéride, change all of the previous ones. I wouldn't mind either way though. How was it handled in US/UM? Did they have the same Pokéride Pokémon?

And I didn't know they had Machamp for Strength, funny I almost mentioned him for the Strength move.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
ResetEra now:
qJ22m.gif

Note: Water are the leaks/rumors
Three pages of this.

JKTobi

Apr 24, 2018
If Eevee gets a new evolution, Pikachu should get one too. If the Eevee can evolve, Pikachu will be useless af.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
For all our sakes, I hope the Direct is announced tomorrow. I'm not sure if we can take another day of this.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who is somewhat new to the Pokémon series I'm excited that this will be a sort of fresh start. The later games just feel way to bloated to me with all the different types they introduced and the mega evolutions and what not.

Keep it simple this time around.
there are only 3 new types introduced after gen 1 and they'll be still be there in all future remakes. Megas and items too.

If you want it simple I suggest you buy Red or Gold from the 3ds Vc.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Even if they limit it to the original 151 Pokemon you're still going to have to deal with steel types, fairy types, and while there are no dark types in Gen 1, there are still dark type moves. Also they're not going to scrap mega evolutions. All the Gen 1 mega stones will surely be available in the post game.

At least the OG 151 is a nice middle ground. I honestly have no idea how people can keep up with all 800+ Pokemon.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since I didn't buy ORAS, it's been like 7 years since my last playthrough of RSE, I'm thinking of going back to it once I'm done with my finals and in anticipation of Let's Go.

I also miss 2D-style Pokémon.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
there are only 3 new types introduced after gen 1 and they'll be still be there in all future remakes. Megas and items too.

If you want it simple I suggest you buy Red or Gold from the 3ds Vc.

I've played Red, Platinum, Black, X, and Alpha Sapphire. Only one I actually beat was X. I get sort of interested but then it throws things like HM's and shit and I can't keep up.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
At least the OG 151 is a nice middle ground. I honestly have no idea how people can keep up with all 800+ Pokemon.

Because not every single Pokémon is available (as in able to catch) in every single game. Every pair of releases have a selection of 200-300 in their regional dex, with XY being the exception at 400+

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
What is the chance we get a pokemon game like Breath of the Wild in terms of world scale and 3D graphics? I think it's time for pokemon to make the leap to full 3D,that's a game I would buy a Switch for alone

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017

It's not like all 807 Pokémon are ever in a single game. The thing is that a lot of people's favorites were introduced in later gens, especially if they didn't get into the series when it started. As a newer fan, I can't get all that excited about this because I don't really care for that many of the original 151.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What would you say about a Pokémon game in the vein of Octopath Traveller?

Wouldn't fit IMO, Octopath Traveler works well because it's a throwback to old-school Final Fantasy, but Pokémon was designed very differently.
I'm saying that I miss 2D-style Pokémon but that's mostly because I never really liked the 3DS visual style, that may change now with the Switch.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Wait, wasn't this supposed to be announced before the end of this month? I swear I read something along those lines.
If true, we are going to have an announcement within these 2 days!!

Reset the clock!

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
It's kinda easy to be able to keep up with the Pokemon when you aren't actively trying to ignore them
This a thousand times. I can probably name every single Pokémon that you show me. The issue is that a lot of people hasn't played since Gens 1, 2, or 3 (most of my friends stopped playing before DP, about when we started high school), and now that both Nintendo and Pokémon are on a popularity rise with the Switch and all, they want to come back. But instead of slowly learning and adapting, they want the series to adapt to them, which is what usually kills a series, and it's why a lot of people complained about the excessive Kanto fanservice in XY/SM.

wildbite

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really looking forward to a new Pokemon game. The last one I played was Pokemon X and before that was Pokemon Ruby. I've held off buying a Switch until either a Pokemon or Animal Crossing is announced.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Regional dexes by game:

RBY - 151 (Bulbasaur to Mew)
GSC - 251 (Chikorita to Celebi)
RSE - 202 (Treecko to Deoxys)
FR/LG - 151 (Bulbasaur to Mew)
D/P - 151 (Turtwig to Manaphy)
Pt - 210 (Turtwig to Giratina)
HG/SS - 256 (Chikorita to Celebi)
B/W - 156 (Victini to Genesect)
B2/W2 - 301 (Victini to Genesect)
X/Y - 153 + 153 + 151 (Chespin to Mewtwo)
OR/AS - 211 (Treecko to Deoxys)
Su/Mo - 302 (Rowlet to Marshadow)
US/UM - 403 (Rowlet to Zeraora)

Last edited:

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather be surprised and see something new than the same shit I have had memorized since I was in 3rd grade again and again.

Pokemon is supposed to be about exploring the world and discovering new and interesting monsters to capture. You don't need to "keep up", you just need to not be a grump when you see something you don't recognize.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can taste the disappointment already.

The meltdowns are gonna be something else with this one

meltdowns at announcement due to fabricated hype and insane expectations -> predictions of failures -> game release and is actually good -> record breaking sales -> people don't understand how it happened and blame it on switch users being starved

apply that to every switch release, including future ones

NeonStars

Feb 23, 2018
What is the chance we get a pokemon game like Breath of the Wild in terms of world scale and 3D graphics? I think it's time for pokemon to make the leap to full 3D,that's a game I would buy a Switch for alone
That's definitely not gonna happen with this game lol. Maybe in Gen 8. I'm pretty sure this game will be similar to the 3DS games but in HD.

Cryxok

Oct 27, 2017
México
I'd rather be surprised and see something new than the same shit I have had memorized since I was in 3rd grade again and again.

Pokemon is supposed to be about exploring the world and discovering new and interesting monsters to capture. You don't need to "keep up", you just need to not be a grump when you see something you don't recognize.

This, so much!

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
meltdowns at announcement due to fabricated hype and insane expectations -> predictions of failures -> game release and is actually good -> record breaking sales -> people don't understand how it happened and blame it on switch users being starved

Every Pokémon, you mean...

And the game will probably be good, don't get me wrong. But it won't meet people expectations, especially on the visual/graphics department.

Oct 27, 2017

I love how expectations are always assumed to be "insane". Expecting it to look like it's contemporaries (in before this is construed as me meaning it should be like BOTW) on the console is always met with a mountain of excuses for Gamefreak or, my favorite, blame going to Nintendo or TPCi for not giving them a large enough cut, or rushing them, or whatever. Record breaking sales mean little other than Pokemon fans being conditioned to low expectations IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.