• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's in a game?

• a miserable pile of secrets

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • a clock resetting

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • a bag of dead hype

Votes: 25 16.3%
  • a jmon

Votes: 55 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I originally thought...

See, this was my original interpretation, but it doesn't seem that way now based on what Emily said?

I will be so mad...

Yes, and it was my understanding that was what this game was

Yes, that was what I originally thought too, but now it is sounding like it is not?
It is a main/core game, but people are saying it's not because it's a yellow remake.

Madnite

May 16, 2018
If they retcon the pokedex and merge all of the evos with the rest of their lines, I would kinda be okay with 151 only (but in that case it wouldn't even be that).

Honestly, I'm apprehensive as fuck about that but also super hyped at the same time, lol.

LorentzFactor

Oct 25, 2017
I took the "on a roll today" as sarcasm..... I'm starting to be more pessimisitc, but 90 minutes seems like a long time so maybe these are interesting. I've never played spin-offs but some people think thye have pretty great stories. Don't know what to feel

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
For anyone wanting some King Zell receipts, he posted these in the January Direct thread...

maxresdefault.jpg

less than an hour to go ;)

The latter was posted just after 1 pm GMT on the 11th, the Direct dropped at 2 pm GMT. TWEWY was a part of it.

So yeah, it's almost certainly happening.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it's basically Pokémon Yellow Remakes with a change to the story? Somewhat of a reimagining. Just roll with that

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
If the Let's Go games turn out to be the games I think they will, I don't mind some HUGE changes on combat system and Gen1 pandering.

They are gonna be essentially a "bridge" to Go players to become Switch owners (and future mainline buyers).

Oct 26, 2017
Lemme lay down my impression based on King Zell's posts:

2018: "modernised" version of Pokemon Yellow
2019: Generation 8 - a whole new game

TBH I still don't understand whats the point of even rushing Pokemon Yellow. I'd rather they take the whole year in building Gen VIII. Especially if the remake ends up having dumb shit like original 151-only.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure them being divisive will be to being limited to 151 pokemon until Gen 8 launches next year

Two posters read way too much into it

These are mainline games, Nintendo won't reach their sales forecast without it

It is a main/core game, but people are saying it's not because it's a yellow remake.
Did Emily not say the assumption that this is mainline was a "misreading"? Or am I misreading here?

Oct 25, 2017
Or, you know, just Pokemon Yellow remakes like we already know.
But that's exactly it. A lot of people are already prepared for and expecting exactly that, and he's still telling folk to temper expectations for this. Like, how could it be harder than what people are already expecting? Is he expecting people to be let down even more than some already are?

Or maybe it's just a general sort of warning to remain calm, which is reasonable. Or even just a warning that whatever "reveal" wont be very meaty. We'll find out soon enough. I think Yellow sequel requel remake whatever this year and gen8 next year sounds hype. I'm fine with that outcome.

Max1045

May 27, 2018
I read it as Let's Go Eevee and Let's Go Pikachu will be RPGs too, but like HGSS or ORAS instead of being a new generation worthy of more hype, which comes next year.

I'm expecting RPG-lite games, like XD and Colosseum based on Yellow. It fits with all the insiders telling us to temper expectations, it fits with the games having subtitles (which no core series has), and it fits with the fairly short development cycle. It also would mean that their trend of having a new generation be the first core game on a new console wouldn't be broken, as spinoffs have come out first before.

casey_contra

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
When Zell says "two games," is he referring to both versions of "Let's Go!" orrrr "Let's Go!" and another (non-mainline) game. I wouldn't be surprised if we get something small...

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I took the "on a roll today" as sarcasm..... I'm starting to be more pessimisitc, but 90 minutes seems like a long time so maybe these are interesting. I've never played spin-offs but some people think thye have pretty great stories. Don't know what to feel
People started freaking out and then she answer someone saying that Zell didn't say Let's Go wasn't this year instead of telling people to come down.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the Let's Go games turn out to be the games I think they will, I don't mind some HUGE changes on combat system and Gen1 pandering.

They are gonna be essentially a "bridge" to Go players to become Switch owners (and future mainline buyers).
This is the main takeaway. This Pokémon Yellow "Remake" is being used to bring in Pokémon Go players.

Next year will be the true core gen 8 Pokemon Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.