• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's in a game?

• a miserable pile of secrets

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • a clock resetting

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • a bag of dead hype

Votes: 25 16.3%
  • a jmon

Votes: 55 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gen 8 is coming 2019. No way are they going to wait 3+ years into the Swich's lifecycle for the first "new" Pokemon game.
Ehhh, I'm gonna disagree. Unless LGP/LGE fail to gain traction to the desired degree (I personally think they'll be the best selling games in the series since Gen 2), they're taking next year off.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best

Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_May.png
XY_Serena.png

Sun_Moon_Protagonist_female.png
Black_White_Hilda.png
FireRed_LeafGreen_Leaf.png
Platinum_Dawn.png

Ultra_Sun_Ultra_Moon_Protagonist_female.png

Best

Sun_Moon_Protagonist_male.png
Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Brendan.png
Gold_Silver_Ethan.png

Ultra_Sun_Ultra_Moon_Protagonist_male.png

HeartGold_SoulSilver_Ethan.png

Cool it with the huge images ya'll

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Serena, May, and Dawn are definitely the best female protagonist designs.

Red, Ethan, and Brendan for the male ones.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Even if the designs are fake, I hope the story details are real.

I love the idea of Red just bouncing and now his kid has become this total asshole. Probably a huge ego because his dad is the greatest trainer who ever lived, which leaves him have this huge chip on his shoulder and puts a ton of pressure on him and his dad has been off hanging out in caves with his Pikachu for his entire life. Meanwhile, Blue got put in his place, calmed down, raised his kid and taught them about how he did things wrong, hoping they'd approach things better than he did.

I feel it's the absolute best setup for the MC/Rival storyline in a game to date.

Assuming it's real does that mean the new titles sets around 15-20 years after the events of SunMoon, and 25-30 years after the original Red/Blue/Yellow ? Assuming Red/Blue in SM is 20-21 yo.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Ehhh, I'm gonna disagree. Unless LGP/LGE fail to gain traction to the desired degree (I personally think they'll be the best selling games in the series since Gen 2), they're taking next year off.

We haven't had a 4 year gen since DP. SM came out back in 2016...waiting all the way to 2020 for Gen 8 is a long as hell wait. These games are basically the same remakes the other gens had. They act as "filler games" until the next gen.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like how depending on whether you decided to play as Brendan or May, the other character would be your rival, but you'd fight Wally no matter what.
Oh. Hmmmm. I really hope the story details are true and it's just you versus one rival. That sounds like an incredible story setup, I hope Game Freak actually does it.

Jan 9, 2018
Even if the designs are fake, I hope the story details are real.

I love the idea of Red just bouncing and now his kid has become this total asshole. Probably a huge ego because his dad is the greatest trainer who ever lived, which leaves him have this huge chip on his shoulder and puts a ton of pressure on him and his dad has been off hanging out in caves with his Pikachu for his entire life. Meanwhile, Blue got put in his place, calmed down, raised his kid and taught them about how he did things wrong, hoping they'd approach things better than he did.

I feel it's the absolute best setup for the MC/Rival storyline in a game to date.

100% agreed, this is actually all speculation based on the designs that might not even be real and I'm already more invested in the character than I was in any character after N, lol. If they really do something like this, I'm going to love this character arc so much. I hope the game continues the older games style of lower key villainous teams, because I want the focus on the MC/Rival storyline like the first two generations were.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We haven't had a 4 year gen since DP. SM came out back in 2016...waiting all the way to 2020 for Gen 8 is a long as hell wait. These games are basically the same remakes the other gens had. They act as "filler games" until the next gen.
I mean, I understand what you are saying, but I disagree. I think Nintendo was forced to churn out a Pokemon game a year on the 3DS because the system needed Pokemon to have a hope to meet sales targets. With the Switch doing as well as it is, everyone has some breathing room now, and I don't think Pokemon will need to be on such a short lease. And I do think Gen 8 is coming, but I think it'll be a more thorough, made from the ground up Switch game and have a longer development cycle. These games are meant to buy them time, and assuming they do as well as I think they will, there will be no hurry to push out a new one the year after and cut their legs off for no reason.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Most of the female character designs are popular and more popular than their male counterparts. For obvious reasons, just look at the sheer mass of fanart for the girls on both Japanese and western sites.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mar 23, 2018
So these would be Blue's children?

There's supposed to be two games: LGP and LGE.

The MC are supposed to be Blue's children, but why would you choose Pikachu in that case?

Finally, look at the Rival/Red's son design. He's wearing a damn Pikachu attire or something of that kind. If you pick up the Pikachu edition, he should be supposed to pick up Eevee instead, right? That doesn't seem to work. The Pikachu attire is throwing me off with this supposed leak. Maybe the gender counterpart is also a character in the role of a sibling/twin and picks up Eevee/Pikachu, depending on your version.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
The new protagonists do correlate to the past leak saying we don't play as Red and Blue isn't the rival. So this would be correct then.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

The MC are supposed to be Blue's children, but why would you choose Pikachu in that case?

Finally, look at the Rival/Red's son design. He's wearing a damn Pikachu attire or something of that kind. If you pick up the Pikachu edition, he should be supposed to pick up Eevee instead, right? That doesn't seem to work. The Pikachu attire is throwing me off with this supposed leak. Maybe the gender counterpart is also a character in the role of a sibling/twin and picks up Eevee/Pikachu, depending on your version.

It would be nice if Eevee version = Green's child and Pikachu version = Red's child, slightly different games

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
That boy's design is all right, but the girl is pretty ugly. If these are real, I'm really hoping character customization comes back >.<

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
The characters and purported backstory seems pretty awesome. I would love to get back an arrogant rival. The designs aren't bad but I would bet they bring back customization anyway.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
If it really is Red/Blue's kids...then customization isn't coming back. They wouldn't make them the sons of the previous main characters and give them unique designs just so people could change them.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

Sad-Pikachu-Clone-Pikachu-Dont-Want-To-Fight-Anymore-In-Pokemon-The-First-Movie-Gif.gif

Edit : Fanfiction time, like other have said, the game would go RS route with both protagonist appears in the game along with a rival. Red and Blue gives Pika and Eevee to both protagonists. Red son mad because his dad doesn't give Pika to him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.