• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's in a game?

• a miserable pile of secrets

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • a clock resetting

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • a bag of dead hype

Votes: 25 16.3%
  • a jmon

Votes: 55 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
8zReZCB.jpg
Cursed image

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is this not available to me in my country?

YouTube is trash.
Do you have a proxy or VPN you can use?

Y'all i got a plan that might work.
You know how Nintendo of america is in Redmond, Washington?
I got an idea. We infiltrate the NOA headquarters and search for the Pokémon Let's Go Trailer.

We need strategy though.

I think what we should do is have Phantom Thief be Bill Trinen and sneak in and pretend he is Bill. Then after that ,since Bill is in charge of marketing, look over the Treehouse section and search for localization works for the games. Also upload the trailer to YouTube. Then the fake Bill can get out and we can all see the trailer an end our suffering once and for all!
Who's with me!
Some may be lost in awe at the new Pokémon in this mission but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

And who cares about numbers!

dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

I call it
Operation: Let's Go end Our Pain
I can definitely pretend to be Bill

Mar 23, 2018
I got an idea. We infiltrate the NOA headquarters and search for the Pokémon Let's Go Trailer.

We need strategy though.

I think what we should do is have Phantom Thief be Bill Trinen and sneak in and pretend he is Bill. Then after that ,since Bill is in charge of marketing, look over the Treehouse section and search for localization works for the games. Also upload the trailer to YouTube. Then the fake Bill can get out and we can all see the trailer an end our suffering once and for all!
Who's with me!
Some may be lost in awe at the new Pokémon in this mission but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

I call it

That's a fucking PLAN my dude, but where do we get a fake Bill? I mean, using the real one to pretend he is the real one seems a bit confusing. I'd personally use a fake one to gain the confidence of the security guys once the real one shows up and we're like "That's a fake! Get em boys!".

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
That's a fucking PLAN my dude, but where do we get a fake Bill? I mean, using the real one to pretend he is the real one seems a bit confusing. I'd personally use a fake one to gain the confidence of the security guys once the real one shows up and we're like "That's a fake! Get em boys!".
We got through Billception silly. We get two Bills and use a real and fake Bill!

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
There's not much else for me to say about the "Let's Go" games.

Unfortunately, most of the accurate information is already floating out there on the internet. It's just a question of whether you're willing to accept some of that information.

Yolkghost

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you guys in such a frenzy over "will they or won't they announce an announcement" when you could be playing the TRUE successor to Pokemon demo. The Sushi Strikers demo is all you need.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Someone please make Pokemon subtitles for this video

That won't do, since, as we've already established, everyone in this thread is actually a Spaniard in disguise.

Fwiw, the fabled February Direct was in... March.

Now, I don't remember if Emily specifically chimed in for that one, but trusted insiders did. I wouldn't be completely shocked to see this slide to the first week of June.

I would be shocked if Fosko's right and we hear nothing by E3 though.

Edit: I'm bad.

Just to clarify: it is entirely possible that the games are not announced until E3. That's far from confirmed. Emily seemed to suggest otherwise, but she might not be completely right and plans change. In any case, there is no reason to panic since there is still one week left. And even then yeah, Fosko can be right in that aspect, but that's not what Fosko thinks anyway. He just doesn't believe the leak at all!

Ravager777

Jan 1, 2018
Man, can we at least get a sign that something is happening soon at the very least. Nintendo of America, if you are reading this, please tweet out something pokemon related. It can be ANYTHING. Only then can our hype must be restored.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

We need strategy though.

Who's with me!

I call it
Even better plan.

How about we just have our own Pokemon Direct live next week tuesday through Twitch

We can reveal our own pokemon game

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Unfortunately, most of the accurate information is already floating out there on the internet. It's just a question of whether you're willing to accept some of that information.
Just one question, and I'm sorry if this is inane or annoying: are we still on track for an end of May reveal, or is there a chance it may have been moved?

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017

I think that's more than enough. The best we can do is wait until the end of May for the official info.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

We have one week left for this month.

Still confident on an announcement this month?

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I think most of us just want to know if it's gonna be revealed this month

or if we should just chill and wait for E3

this has been going on since like March now

it's getting out of hand

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017

I just need to know if we're getting a Virtual Boy port or not, is that too much to ask?

I appreciate the info you can/do give us btw. If we have to wait, we have to wait.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Genies are trash though. At least when they were introduced. B2/W2 redeemed them with the Therian Formes.
Redeemed them and then some. I remember when Dream Radar teased Tornadus Therian, hearing everything from new Pokemon to Bird Trio Formes. Then it was revealed, and it felt sooooo good. I personally didn't mind them at all in the first place tbh, and the only satisfaction besides really loving them was people finally accepting them. And yeah, Therians are badass. If I had to rate them, Landorus>Tornadus>Thundorus. Of course that's like saying which Metroid Prime is better, when they are all equally great, and its just down to personal preference.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017

Much appreciated you take some of your time to write here despite us being so annoying sometimes!

Looking forward to the reveal

Oct 25, 2017
I've thought that GameFreak has pretty much never waited till E3, so if it's coming this year, based on precedent we should be expecting an announcement like first week of June at the latest?

Sure but this game specifically was announced at e3, if it's coming this year it's going to be a huge tentpole Switch title. The old way of doing things might not matter.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

I finished Ni no Kuni over 90h + got the platinum. Terrible game.

The first No No Kuni was a ok game. I liked it. The sequel is boring and I fell asleep pressing the Square button.

Why would you subject yourself to that torture?

I conditioned myself into doing multiple play throughs. Once it hit me that I won't be able to play vs other players like I did with Gen 6 I gave up on Gen 7. I was focused on raising and breeding more competitive Pokémon and Shiny competitive.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Just one question, and I'm sorry if this is inane or annoying: are we still on track for an end of May reveal, or is there a chance it may have been moved?

E3 won't be the place where this game is announced/revealed.

This game will have an accessory that is sold separately. A 35-40 minute E3 digital event isn't the right place to announce a Go-related accessory.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Let's Golf coming fall 2018. Starring the amazing Kahili.

Sun_Moon_Kahili.png

Game Freak really did her dirty both in Sun and Moon and its ultra version.

Speaking of Golf, it's so damn disappointing that they didn't do anything with the golf course in US/UM. Those games are like the definition of missed potential.

Yeah, it's so disappointing as Ultra Sun and Moon just failed at being a final send off game for gen 7, the era 3DS and Pokémon being on handheld.

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA

This game will have an accessory that is sold separately. A 35-40 minute E3 digital event isn't the right place to announce a Go-related accessory.
I agree, it isn't the right place for an accessory...but ya never know.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Sounds like a ton of news for the Pokémon Direct. Then again, I could see TPCi doing a shadow-drop for the news this month.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Remember when HGSS came with Pokewalkers for no additional price? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I'm totally going to buy whatever it is anyway, assuming they don't start deleting Pokemon or changing the entire game.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
An announcement right before E3 and gameplay at Treehouse has always been my most likely scenario

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

Its going to be a Pokemon Go Direct and not a Pokemon Direct isn't it. Some major updatr for Go, the accessory and final the games with details on its connection to the update and accessory. 20-25 minutes depending on how depth into the game they get. Pretty accurate, right?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Man I still don't know what to feel about these new games. I'm still leaning on the negative side though.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

I honestly don't like the sound of that, especially if you're implying that the hard lock to the original 151 in LGP/LGE is legitimate. Hopefully I can at least import my other Pokémon via the Pokémon Bank.

I guess all we can do now is wait. We all appreciate your tidbits of info, Emily.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Maybe they'll pull a Miiverse direct and have one schedule right before E3

it's just looking very unlikely for this month, unless it really is next week with an announcement Monday/Tuesday and reveal Wednesday/Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.