• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's in a game?

• a miserable pile of secrets

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • a clock resetting

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • a bag of dead hype

Votes: 25 16.3%
  • a jmon

Votes: 55 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I would think its fake since we should be expecting character creation ?

But those design are too good I wish they are real honestly .

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Isn't May the only female protagonist with 3 designs? I don't think any of the others have more than 1-2.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
I would think its fake since we should be expecting character creation ?

But those design are too good I wish they are real honestly .

Even with character creation they give you a base to work off of...now i want to see these designs in the different skin tones. But i guess if we are Blue's kids then we wouldnt have that?

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yep. emerald used to be my favorite but oras is too good. it'd be nice to see all the designs in both gens' styles though.

what i love about emerald now is you can see the turning point in art style from ruby/sapphire to emerald. protag designs and illustrations suddenly became more gestural and dynamic.

Ruby_Sapphire_May.png
-> ->
Emerald_May.png
-> -> -> ->
tumblr_o8tiijSkoA1u4ke9io1_250.png

Ruby_Sapphire_Brendan.png
-> ->
Emerald_Brendan.png
-> -> -> ->
u4mu7d98s2xos7.png

You can see it in FR/LG as well.

n1ryyfjsx22qd0.png
-> ->
latest
-> -> -> ->

New May looks super nice, way better than the older ones. Just a really striking design.

TheRealMjeed

Oct 30, 2017
What if Game Freak made the Switch Pokemon sort of a prequel and introduced prehistoric Pokémon and have "original" new Pokémons where all the newer ones are evolved from those? -hence why we're hearing rumors about having fewer Pokémons than usual?-

I mean we have a proof in Omanyte and Aerodactyl and such where a prehistoric story exist.

Would love a Pokémon: Primal edition of some sort

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh the ORAS art style looked so bad. Wasn't a fan of how bug-eyed the characters were. Definitely a fan of the older Gen III designs.

Possible hot take: Gen III-Gen V was peak art style before it went downhill (though XY didn't look too bad, MC could have been better though. Too much blue).

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Ugh the ORAS art style looked so bad. Wasn't a fan of how bug-eyed the characters were. Definitely a fan of the older Gen III designs.

Possible hot take: Gen III-Gen V was peak art style before it went downhill (though XY didn't look too bad, MC could have been better though. Too much blue).
To be honest I felt like Gen VI protagonist designs were equally as good. You put them side by side with the BW designs and they feel extremely similar.

It makes sense, Sugimori did them both.

Oct 26, 2017
To be honest I felt like Gen VI protagonist designs were equally as good. You put them side by side with the BW designs and they feel extremely similar.

It makes sense, Sugimori did them both.

When you put it like that, you're right. Not a lot separates the BW protags from XY protags.

c542480c6594ab2ccbfca2b1f14e5490.jpg

1371034-pokemon_black_white_trainers.png

It's just the male MC's attire looks so bland, compared to Hilbert having separate colours. FeMC looks so much better than Hilda though.

Apr 26, 2018
Well thanks, I obviously know that, but I was hoping to go for a sublte polysemic pun with "Let's go" (title of upcoming games & sens of adventure) / "Let us go" (free us from this never ending wait).

Anyway, not that funny I guess if I have to explain it...
I very much picked up on the joke, I guess it broke immersion for me though

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Can I say, that I really wants this leak to be true because of the possible direction the Adventures Manga can take, and also for finally confirming the Yellow x Red ship.

Oct 25, 2017
Nuh-uh. No. Oh hell no. ORAS was the peak of personality in official art.

You can't tell me this:
4ea.jpg
doesn't have more character to it than any other era in Pokemon history. I'd argue that only the stoicness and ferocity of gen 1 art (and I mean 1996 gen 1) stand up in delivery, but even that doesn't come close.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
lrbTxPLh.jpg

1fl2Pjvh.jpg

These just came in. Look creative enough to be real!
Put me in team real. Silly outfits with similar color schemes, the badges as a callback to the gen 1 designs, a fat bracelet for god knows what gimmick, both have a G shaped pokeball, the Japanese is 100% correct and is sloppy handwriting instead of typed up or using a font that looks sloppy, etc. Blue's kids as the protag with Red's kid as the rival is some wild shit, I ak down with it. As always, now anything else will be a disappointment.

No wait it might be fake, the bags are just the FRLG bags repurposed.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Nuh-uh. No. Oh hell no. ORAS was the peak of personality in official art.

You can't tell me this:
4ea.jpg
doesn't have more character to it than any other era in Pokemon history. I'd argue that only the stoicness and ferocity of gen 1 art (and I mean 1996 gen 1) stand up in delivery, but even that doesn't come close.

well it also had by far the best unique pikachu costumes/versions, which should be alt costumes in smash at least

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I wouldn't worry about it. The 'Go'-related accessory is not required to play the game. Based on what I've heard, it's optional and sold separately.

As far as I know, nothing has changed.

Also, I hope everyone here has a nice weekend.

Monday, then? Let's fucking go.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone is worried about the Go accessory and I'm over here thinking it'll be dope and hoping they make enough so I can easily get one lol

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
There were a few rumors that have discussed Pikachu and Eevee evolutions. IDK if I believe the leak, but the art looks spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.