• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's in a game?

• a miserable pile of secrets

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • a clock resetting

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • a bag of dead hype

Votes: 25 16.3%
  • a jmon

Votes: 55 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Best fairy
SadEverlastingHare-max-1mb.gif

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I definitely plan to play both eventually. Might hold off on Super until I can find a copy of Sky for a decent price then, cheers.

While we're on the topic of spin offs which other ones are recommended? I played the first Ranger and thought it was decent if a little simple, were the sequels any good?
Pokemon tcg for the gameboy color is fantastic. It's available for 3ds virtual console. It has the first three Cards sets plus some extras from what I remember. So basically max nostalgia for those of us who were there from the begininng. There's also a fan translation for its sequel which is good but more unforgiving.

coconut gun

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Was that a secret sneak peak of Gen 2 with Donphan? Did any kids in the theater know who that mystery Pokémon was?

Also is that guy Team Aqua?

I remember it being kind of a thing that donphan was there. Like "oh that's a NEW Pokemon." Did the anime have Togepi in it at that point? I remmeber Togepi predated actual gold/silver as well .

Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing the first three Pokemon movies in theaters with friends.

My mom told me years later that watching those was agony.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
To be honest, the dumbest thing in the first movie was "Pokémon aren't meant to fight, not like this".

Like, how the hell are they meant to fight then?

Not that it matters, since everyone forgets the events afterwards, so no one can question the series premise again.

just like gen 5 neatly brushed under the rug its questioning of the series morality of battling so we can continue with more gens and more money

coconut gun

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
To be honest, the dumbest thing in the first movie was "Pokémon aren't meant to fight, not like this".

Not that it matters, since everyone forgets the events afterwards, so no one can question the series premise again.

just like gen 5 neatly brushed under the rug its questioning of the series morality of battling so we can continue with more gens and more money

Eh I mean even V was kind of flaky on it, saying less that you shouldn't battle and more that the thrill of the fight should be shared trough friendship and that Pokemon shouldn't be a means to an end. And it was always basically that anyway.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Actually im pretty sure a group of Joltik could take over earth. Tiny things that can shoot arcs of electricity would just be unstoppable, what a nightmare.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Watch him get in Smash
Mimikyu's popularity probably wasn't a factor back when Smash Switch's roster was decided, so it'll mostly depend on what plans The Pokémon Company had for Mimikyu at the time & if Mimikyu caught Sakurai's eye like Greninja did back in Smash Wii U/3DS's roster-deciding process.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

For sport. In the movie they are trying to kill eachother.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
The first movie's dub was heavily re-written by 4kids too, the Japanese version of the Mewtwo movie is fairly different.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Mimikyu's popularity probably wasn't a factor back when Smash Switch's roster was decided, so it'll mostly depend on what plans The Pokémon Company had for Mimikyu at the time & if Mimikyu caught Sakurai's eye like Greninja did back in Smash Wii U/3DS's roster-deciding process.
Mimikyu had a song pre release. He was always positioned as one of the gen 7 pokemon they wanted to push.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

...I mean I haven't seen that movie in a very long time, but like... Wasn't that said when pokemon were exhaustedly fighting each other past the point of reason? Like...

02c06ddace1ecf0a84a4dfee02427edc048ca75f_hq.gif

This isn't a normal Pokemon battle.

Of course, it'll always be a bit ridiculous to apply morals to battling anyway because of how quickly it falls apart (unless they do so in a game where they really go for a different main mechanic and have a plot that can conceivably revolve around it, I guess).

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Of course, it'll always be a bit ridiculous to apply morals to battling anyway because of how quickly it falls apart (unless they do so in a game where they really go for a different main mechanic and have a plot that can conceivably revolve around it, I guess).

Pokemon wants us to believe that Yungoose, which wasn't native to Alola, can have an egg baby with Ratata even though it was introduced as pest control.
Everything about Pokemon falls apart when you try to make any kind of sense of it.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Gen 5 has the best bugs.

Also the best ghosts...and the best grounds.
Hell to the yes. I mean, you have some of the craziest bug designs ever with Scolipede, Volcarona, and Accelgor, some really good typings with Volcarona, Galvantula, and Escalavier, and some of the cutests basic stage AND fully evolved bug pokemon. Then the ghosts are all cool badass concepts like Chandelure, Golurk, and Jellicent. Finally ground as my second favorife type becomes my favorite as it gives us stuff like Krookodile, Seismatoad, Excadrill, and again, Golurk. Even electric is in the running for best in Gen 5, with Zebstrika, Emolga, Galvantula and Eelektrik. Oh and best boynever Stunfisk.

Charizard is the Pikachu of dragon characters. Perfection.

12602-114801824.png

Rayquaza's still the coolest tho. Props to Pokemon for having some of the highest highs in entertainment design.

i gotta make a list of "masterclass pokemon" someday
Best Dragon design is Flygon, the hell you talking about?

Buff ice with resistance to dragon, water and ground
That would be a good start.

Whats your favorite
DarkIC_Big.png
and
FairyIC_Big.png
?

Mine are Zoroark and Togetic.

250px-571Zoroark.png
250px-176Togetic.png
Easily Scrafty and Azumarill.

Status