• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Also the people who are involved in editing these videos probably have absolutely nothing to do with game freak, so if he had information on one party or the other, that wouldn't necessarily implicate anything.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So they're going to countdown (like they're doing) and announce the Direct a couple days or day before it happens?

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Also the people who are involved in editing these videos probably have absolutely nothing to do with game freak, so if he had information on one party or the other, that wouldn't necessarily implicate anything.
I was wondering why he would post all of that and finish off with saying what would be in the Hoenn video which was coming out later that day.
If you were trying to string people along until Tuesday you wouldn't make a wild guess that would debunk all of it a couple of hours later.

So it's most likely he has knowledge of the crappy anime countdown videos and used that as his "I'm totally legit guys" play at the end after making up a load of stuff

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Why do people suddenly believe 4chan rumor??

(I did read through it. Mirage kingdom and Togepi Paradise are not synonymous and saying once summer heat is not what the OP claimed).

Yeah. Definitely BS this one.

Feb 20, 2019
Hey guys I got a leak, it's the description written behind the cover of the new game:
Welcome to Kanto 2, fellow kantotrainer! Capture all the 151 (only) kantomons and their super cool kanto-Z moves, without forgetting their awesome Mega Kantolutions and Alolan kantoforms! Become the best kantotrainer by catching them all with your fellow kantomons and kantoballs!
Made by: Satoshi Kantojiri

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys I got a leak, it's the description written behind the cover of the new game:
Welcome to Kanto 2, fellow kantotrainer! Capture all the 151 (only) kantomons and their super cool kanto-Z moves, without forgetting their awesome Mega Kantolutions and Alolan kantoforms! Become the best kantotrainer by catching them all with your fellow kantomons and kantoballs!
You just described Pokemon Let's Go

fleante

Oct 28, 2017
It's for fun. No need to be so serious

Sorry but i fail to see what's so fun about a random 4chan user doing a lazy ass post with the same old, tired-ass regurgitated "all past regions will be explorable"-nonsense. With a gen 1-pandering title, no less.

Like, I get we're all anxious to know more but it's not like we're discussing interesting fake starter art or anything here

Jun 8, 2018
I've said this before, but Gamefreak doesn't want to make a mainline console Pokemon. They've said in the past that they always want to do strictly handheld and even threatened to quit if they kept being asked.

We're not getting gen 8. Instead these experimental like this one and Let's Go to compensate.

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
I've said this before, but Gamefreak doesn't want to make a mainline console Pokemon. They've said in the past that they always want to do strictly handheld and even threatened to quit if they kept being asked.

We're not getting gen 8. Instead these experimental like this one and Let's Go to compensate.
I can't tell if you're attempting to be funny or not.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not even you believe this.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Gamefreak going all in on that 90s nostalgia with the most Satanic Pokémon ever.
Newest fire starter leak from chan
vmIzhmW.jpg

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I'm absolutely sick of gen 1. If we end up back in Kanto again somehow, I'm dropping the series.

Gen 1: RGBY - takes place in Kanto!
Gen 2: GSC - can visit Kanto!
Gen 3: FRLG - takes place in Kanto!
Gen 4: HGSS - can visit Kanto!
Gen 7: LGPLGE - takes place in Kanto!

stop with Kanto. please.

Kanto has had 5 visits (13 games if you count each individual game)
Johto has had 2 visits (5 games if you count each individual game)
Hoenn has had 2 visits (5 games if you count each individual game)
Sinnoh has 1 (in desperate need of a remake) (3 games)
Unova has 1 (needs to be revisited soon) (4 games)
Kalos has 1 (probably won't be revisited for a while) (2 games)
Alola has 1 (won't be revisited for a while) (4 games)

New region, don't mention or even visit Kanto for another decade (assuming Pokemon is still around) or two.
Johto and Hoenn are great and all, but they can do without a revisit for a while.

Give Sinnoh some limelight and bring in a whole new region.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Kan2

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Gen 5 starters silhouettes were probably the best freaking pre-release phase of any Pokemon game. The fanart was ridiculous (in a good way).

new_bw_pokemon_by_razorthe6249th.png

I love these fan interpretations of the silhouettes! Where can I find more?

Now that Hoenn tweet is out (https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1099049999545954304 ), we can confirm that this "PokemonFan" dude from 4chan knows something. Either that or he just made 2 wild guesses and got both of them right. Who knows at this point.

4Chan thread: http://boards.4channel.org/vp/thread/37629056#p37629056

Why would PokémonFan know anything? https://imgur.com/a/xA1GvMZ

The whole "Hoenn being a hot place" appears right at the start of the Hoenn video. Then Mirage Kingdom is kind of mentioned too, it's extremely related to "The Togepi Paradise" (https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Togepi_Paradise).

PokémonFan answered some interesting things in that thread. The most remarkable is this one: https://imgur.com/a/TTjVWJX
PokémonFan claims that the next games are going to be called Pokémon KINGDOM: Red and Pokémon KINGDOM: Green.

Let me know what you think about this whole situation. Could all of this be a completely coincidence? Maybe.

I suspect this persons native language is not English, has seen these region videos, and is taking people on a wild fake ride for the hell of it.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I keep saying it. I wouldn't be opposed to an all region game in the style of the spacewold beta. 3 4 cities from each region, with lots of landmarks from them, and some forward thinking with 5 or 6 new regional areas that will be then developed into proper classic style regions in the future generations.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, really? That's neat. Was completely unaware of this, do you have a link?
It'll be interesting to see what they come up with with a development that long. Should be full of content.
I need a source for this, stat!
So the game had 4 years of development like Breath of the Wild, right?
Yeah, trying to find it. I thought it was in the OP actually since i remember putting it there but apparently not. Anyway, give me a bit, there was a lot of Pokémon news last year to sift through ._.

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
Just read the thread on /vp/ and I've got to say it's a very, very fun read. The "leaker" has a way with words which tints every piece of info with a dash of mystery. Feels like he's that fella in Sailor Moon with the tuxedo (.... so Tuxedo Kamen, basically) Which makes this meme very relevant to the situation. I don't know if I want to believe it but the hype season is the best season. Ready to be let down on Pokémon Day now.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. Late 2015. They confirmed this themselves last year.
So the game had 4 years of development like Breath of the Wild, right?
No. As always the game's development started just before finishing Sun/Moon. And this time it had less development resources as GF developed Let's Go, Quest and Town at the same time.

So the same development time as XY and SM with less resources (GF staff count hasn't changed significantly in years).

Status
Not open for further replies.