• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Not believing that rumour but G/S map was originally inspired by the whole of Japan, with Kanto being one of the locations, according to the demo.

Pokemon_Silver_-_Spaceworld_1997_Demo_%28Debug%29_%28Header_Fixed2%29.png

Switch hardware is more than enough to fullfill their old dream.

Not going to happen tho.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No. As always the game's development started just before finishing Sun/Moon. And this time it had less development resources as GF developed Let's Go, Quest and Town at the same time.

So the same development time as XY and SM with less resources (GF staff count hasn't changed significantly in years).
TPCi said last year 300 people are working on Poke8 (this link IS in the OP lol)

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Not believing that rumour but G/S map was originally inspired by the whole of Japan, with Kanto being one of the locations, according to the demo.

Pokemon_Silver_-_Spaceworld_1997_Demo_%28Debug%29_%28Header_Fixed2%29.png

Switch hardware is more than enough to fullfill their old dream.

Not going to happen tho.
The map itself in-game however was a relatively normal sized Pokemon map, however, despite the "scope" it was still a simple game. In fact the Spaceworld demo has more in common with Pokemon Blue than it does Gold/Silver code-wise.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Too good to be true, years with Gamefreak taught me I always should expect bare minimum.
Sometimes, even less than that.

Now, that's more like it.
1550869091808.png

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
one important thing to keep in mind about the countdown: the japanese pokemon twitter hasn't done anything remotely similar

if the north american twitter is truly counting down to something, it'll probably be the announcement of a blu-ray collection or something like that

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Just read the thread on /vp/ and I've got to say it's a very, very fun read. The "leaker" has a way with words which tints every piece of info with a dash of mystery. Feels like he's that fella in Sailor Moon with the tuxedo (.... so Tuxedo Kamen, basically) Which makes this meme very relevant to the situation. I don't know if I want to believe it but the hype season is the best season. Ready to be let down on Pokémon Day now.

It's entertaining but you can tell dude is just teasing when you get down to him saying he knows about some of the origins of Pokemon and beta stuff we're starting to see.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
No. As always the game's development started just before finishing Sun/Moon. And this time it had less development resources as GF developed Let's Go, Quest and Town at the same time.

So the same development time as XY and SM with less resources (GF staff count hasn't changed significantly in years).
Maybe they outsourced.
Looking at how Namco was on Smash and Koei Tecmo os co-developing Fire Emblem.
Game Freak is not Nintendo but Pokemon is still the biggest franchise on their Systems, so I can see them putting more power on that.

Or Game Freak is gonna Game Freak and it's gonna be XY HD with all the weird quirks of a first new Pokemon Gen on a new system.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ADD A PROPER MAP

if there was a map for the dungeons and shit in Gen 4, you wouldn't have japanese kids complaining

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
TPCi said last year 300 people are working on Poke8 (this link IS in the OP lol)
That Eurogamer quote is incorrect as we know the official staff count from Game Freak's website. And they are probably talking about the total number of people working on Pokémon across GF, TPC, TPCi, Creatures and Nintendo.

Also the number is not specifically about Gen 8, just the number of people working on Pokémon. XY was developed by around 500 people: https://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/26/500-people-worked-pokemon-x-pokemon-y/

Zelretch

Oct 25, 2017
What would you expect from this?

sorry i don't quite understand the question, if you are asking if i was expecting something different, a bit but not too much. It is just that seeing it lay down like in that "leak" is very painful to read.

If you are aking if i think is real, i prefer to not believe anything until Game Freak unveils it and just enjoy the ride.

Feb 20, 2019
sorry i don't quite understand the question, if you are asking if i was expecting something different, a bit but not too much. It is just that seeing it lay down like in that "leak" is very painful to read.

If you are aking if i think is real, i prefer to not believe anything until Game Freak unveils it and just enjoy the ride.

So you're kinda disappointed ( if this ends up being real of course )?
Also sorry for my weird question

Zelretch

Oct 25, 2017
So you're kinda disappointed ( if this ends up being real of course )?

i mean, is not that much information, but i wasn't fan of the UB concept or execution in SM and the idea of it coming back its kinda annoying so i could say a bit. I expected/wished for a return to the basics in terms of story and plot, about adventure and whatnot.

Again, if this is true. I prefer not to put any stock on it even if it sounds pretty Gamefreak XD

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The guy does preface his post with "Anyone can fake a leak"

But of course he'd say that, to throw you off the scent
giphy.webp

Feb 20, 2019
i mean, is not that much information, but i wasn't fan of the UB concept or execution in SM and the idea of it coming back its kinda annoying so i could say a bit. I expected/wished for a return to the basics in terms of story and plot, about adventure and whatnot.

Again, if this is true. I prefer not to put any stock on it even if it sounds pretty Gamefreak XD

Yeah me too, I just don't really know what to think about UBs, it just seems like GF tried to tell us "Hey guys, we are doing something different, now come and buy!"
Idk, it's like doing something weird only for the sole idea of doing something weird

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
I'd love to visit older regions it will never happen G/S/C spoiled me

Can't wait for the reveal of Gen 8 come on

BrutalBubble

Feb 21, 2019
one important thing to keep in mind about the countdown: the japanese pokemon twitter hasn't done anything remotely similar

if the north american twitter is truly counting down to something, it'll probably be the announcement of a blu-ray collection or something like that

That's what I fear too. There is just the American pokemon event, with treehouse members don't streaming anything (afaik) and only the english twitter goes nuts with the countdown.

Though I still think it's a good time for the anouncement of a new gen and for a new console, I'm just not sure if the countdown is for the direct or just pokemon day, or maybe the anouncement of a direct, but I feel somwhere around that time they might give us something.

I'm totally expecting co-development of Pokemon Gen 8 to be handled by Team Ninja.

And suddenly the war theme makes sense!

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
On the subject of staff size, I think it's important to note that Gen 8 likely has a ton of outside help, the games will undoubtedly have the biggest staff size yet.
I wouldn't even be surprised if they had a bit of help from Monolith.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I personally think they'll wait until April/May. I think they learnt from Sun/Moon and X/Y not to reveal it too early and then have months without talking about it.

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Eurogamer quote is incorrect as we know the official staff count from Game Freak's website. And they are probably talking about the total number of people working on Pokémon across GF, TPC, TPCi, Creatures and Nintendo.

Also the number is not specifically about Gen 8, just the number of people working on Pokémon. XY was developed by around 500 people: https://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/26/500-people-worked-pokemon-x-pokemon-y/

They will outsource. There is no reason to put much much attention in the staff numbers.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon is different. If it hadn't been for Zell last year no one of us would have heard of a press conference where dozens and dozens of media were invited.
You just said it. King Zell. He hasn't said a word about next week having Pokémon info. That's really the only person I care to hear say a Direct is coming or Pokémon info is coming.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
It doesn't feel like next week. There's no insider teasing

I don't know man; these things just happen.

Remember the Metroid Prime Trilogy that was heavily teased by "insiders" and then nothing was shown? I have the feeling that this time the announcement will simply happen and we won't even get a chance to hear from insiders.

With Pokemon I don't know what to expect. LGPE went completely undercover for a good while until the very reveal. Hell, we even had a legit blurry screenshot of it but nobody believed it.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
I've said this before, but Gamefreak doesn't want to make a mainline console Pokemon. They've said in the past that they always want to do strictly handheld and even threatened to quit if they kept being asked.

We're not getting gen 8. Instead these experimental like this one and Let's Go to compensate.
I'm pretty sure that was less about them not wanting to develop a console game and more about them not wanting to move away from handhelds. Since the Switch is both, there's no reason they should have an issue with it.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed at the lack of fake Pokemon.
Images of fake Pokemon and fake scans are some of my favorite things in the lead up to a new gen.

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
I suspect this persons native language is not English, has seen these region videos, and is taking people on a wild fake ride for the hell of it.

Oh, I didn't know that I have to be a native speaker to make my thoughts valid in these forums, what a shame. My apologies, sir.
I'm just linking theories together, make of that what you will.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest both the 2017 and 2016 Pokémon Direct appeared out of nowhere and weren't rumored or leaked beforehand (SM logos were but that is a different topic).

The 2018 presentation was leaked only by king zell even though lots of people were invited.

The Pokémon Company takes its secrets very seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.