• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
- More Megas and Ultra Beasts, but cut way down on the legendaries.
- Forget Z-Moves ever existed.
- Universal Mega Stone and incense.
- Strategy-focused gyms instead of type.
- Teenage protagonist, maybe?

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
I'm hoping for a game that has a better art style than the Let's Go games. I'm excited for them but everything looks like its made out of marshmallows. I'm also happy with the models as they are but would like for them to fix the dull color palette.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I just want some good content, more regional forms, perhaps some new or alternate evolutions for early generations, and actually good visuals/art style.

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
You know, I always thought it'd be cool if certain Gym Leaders had unique rule sets, like how Liza and Tate are a Double Battle. I'd like to see more of stuff like that. Maybe one Gym Leader only does Rotation Battles, another would only allow you to use three pokémon max, another could force you to deal with unremovable weather, traps, or status conditions and another could force you to only use items a set amount of times. I feel like stuff like that could add another layer of making each Gym unique besides the type they use.

Nov 13, 2017
Man, can't wait for this game.

Splatoon, Smash Brothers, and mainline Pokemon on the same console is a dream come true.

I hope they lower the capture rates of the legendaries again, age up the characters a little bit, remove Z-moves, and give us a different art-style from Pokemon Let's Go and the 3DS games. Also, making the breeding even easier (by a bit) wouldn't hurt as well :)

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to feel positive about the future of the series at this point. I honestly don't believe Game Freak would be capable of righting the course even if they wanted to.

- Exploration should be at the forefront. Gen VII was a disaster in this regard.
- A large world with a more realistic sense of scale, open environments and a BTS camera. Note that I didn't say open world. There are PS2 games with these stipulations.
- Better animations for the Pokemon, and more of them. Pokemon Stadium still has more lively battle animations ffs.
- Retooled base stats for Pokemon. Tweak the type advantage/disadvantage table to buff/nerf certain types.
- Fucking exploration.

These are my biggest ones. In particular the Stadium animations, those things were spectacular. Bring back the announcer while we're at it. Would make gym battles feel so much more alive if the commentary was on point like Stadium 2.

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
GOELzkC.gif

sVJYZ8c.gif

tenor.gif
What's this

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
I'm down for this thread! :D

I just want a proper HD game that feels like it was made for powerful HD hardware, and most importantly is trying to bend the rules and not play it so safe, like you-know-what. :P

Also, for the love of god, UPDATE THOSE DAMN CRIES! They somehow made the cries even worse, specifically the updates they did to the early gen Pokemon. What's the point when they still sound so low bit, but aren't the actual 8-bit cries anymore? They're like terrible bootleg cries now.

Nintendo EAD Kyoto were truly innovative in this area by fully modernizing the cries... on the DAMN N64!!! What's freaky is that Genius Sonority was evidently going to do just that for Pokemon Battle Revolution, observe:

But bizarrely they reverted back to the standard low bit cries in the final game. Man Wailord's cry gives me awesome chills! Talk about ferocious! :D

My man. I really hope they have animations like these in the next gen games. I remember being blown away seeing this trailer years and years ago.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be nice if we could get a return to the overworld having a similar complexity to gens III, IV or even V again. Sun and Moon had a lot of routes and caves that felt too much like glorified hallways.

Also I feel like we might be at the point where the anime art and game graphics sort of converge. They were clearly going for that with Gen VII, with some strikingly similar scenes between the two, but the hardware couldn't fully back it up.

Here's a question: how many people would like voice acting in Gen 8? It would also let them ensure young kids who have not learned to read can play the game.

How much voice acting we talking here? Voice acted story and sidequest cutscenes would probably be fine, but voicing every bit of dialog is likely to have adverse effects on a JRPG like Pokémon. It would likely lead to a reduction in the amount of NPC dialog in general.

Also I'm kind of leery on voice acting quality from TPCi in general. Occasionally they do fine (Detective Pikachu was probably one of their better dub jobs), but most of the time their results aren't exactly the best ever.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I wish :

- It's not as linear as X/Y or Sun/Moon and is more open. Just like Red/Blue.

- It's not handholdy and railroad you the entire game like X/Y or Sun/Moon, and is encourage you to do your own exploration to progress the story. For example, no more getting HM/PokeRide/Key Items from story moment, instead you need to find them yourselves. Just like Red/Blue.

- Many secrets to find. Similar to the Regi-trio in R/S.

- Lots of optional content while going through the main story.

- It have legit dungeons with puzzle that involves HM/PokeRide just like Red/Blue.

- The town/city feels huge and alive. Something like Lumiose City from X/Y or that large city from B/W.

- The game have Pokemon World Championship.

- Optional Hard Mode, where the Trainers/Gym Leaders have AI/Pokemon closer to the one found in BattleTower/BattleTree. Also forced SET battle mode.

- Character use X/Y 3D models and not Sun/Moon 3D models.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My hopes:

- Remove IV's. EV's and nature are enough to differinate Pokémon.
- Keep the good stuff from Let's Go. No random encounters and co-op.
- More varied trainer battles.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
I want the world to feel more alive. Let's Go is a step in the right direction with this by having wild Pokémon appear in the overworld but I would like to see a bit more. Bring back the seasons from Gen V, have the weather change up more often rather than just one or two certain routes, improve the level design of the world to a standard at least of Gen III/IV.

I would like to see a difficulty option as well, where you would gain less EXP, trainers would have higher level Pokémon and one or two more Pokémon, and all important trainer battles would have 6 Pokémon - there's no real reason for Gym Leaders/Rivals/Team Admins & Leaders not having 6 Pokémon.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
How much voice acting we talking here? Voice acted story and sidequest cutscenes would probably be fine, but voicing every bit of dialog is likely to have adverse effects on a JRPG like Pokémon. It would likely lead to a reduction in the amount of NPC dialog in general.

I think an Octopath Traveler level of Voice acting would fine.So the most important cutscenes are voice acted, the minor one only have a sound/word per text box and the rest is text only

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I wish :

- It's not as linear as X/Y or Sun/Moon and is more open. Just like Red/Blue.

- It's not handholdy and railroad you the entire game like X/Y or Sun/Moon, and is encourage you to do your own exploration to progress the story. For example, no more getting HM/PokeRide/Key Items from story moment, instead you need to find them yourselves. Just like Red/Blue.

- Many secrets to find. Similar to the Regi-trio in R/S.

- Lots of optional content while going through the main story.

- It have legit dungeons with puzzle that involves HM/PokeRide just like Red/Blue.

- The town/city feels huge and alive. Something like Lumiose City from X/Y or that large city from B/W.

- The game have Pokemon World Championship.

- Optional Hard Mode, where the Trainers/Gym Leaders have AI/Pokemon closer to the one found in BattleTower/BattleTree. Also forced SET battle mode.

- Character use X/Y 3D models and not Sun/Moon 3D models.

None will happen :(.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the love for gen 3's water routes/dive spots, especially when they hid it behind braille for some whatever reason.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
In case you misuderstand, I'm referring to the full 3D character models, not the chibi one (those can burn in hell).

I want this

58.jpg

and not this

apparelshop.jpg

or this

31_thumb.jpg

X/Y character model is pleasant to look at compared to Sun/Moon. Maybe it's the proportion ?

:(
The difference here is that the XY trainer is older and the Kalos fashion plays into it as well.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
i also wouldnt mind some new regional forms for other pokemon (not gen 1 please XD)

its another way of increasing variety and bringing to the spotlight some less used pokes

RETURN OF PSS

please please please, i want following pokemon (the choice at least) and being able to mount/use them for traversal options/world interaction (also, some flying like in ORAS with lati@s)

It would be also AWESOME if they improve on the idea of flying/water combats as battling using pokemon capable of swiming/flying. That would limit our choices while traveling a bit at bring some more strategy to the playthrough. That way they would force you to addapt your "ongoing team" while you travel. (the same could be also interesting for snowy areas etc bringing although that could be sort of enforced by weather in battles)

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
Here's bottom of the barral wants for the switch.

1. Skipable cut scenes and dialogue. Not a fast forward a skip button that ends the conversation and turns off the cut scene

2. A laptop, let me access all my pokemon back anytime I want, I'm sick of having to go to a pokemon centre to inspect the pokemon I captured.

3. Difficulty mode, let me make the game harder for myself

4. No hms sun and moon was good for this.

5. Return of the p.s.s it's so much better than festival plaza. Just have it be a menu.

6. Tms instead of move tutors just a quality of life change. Make every old move tutor and tm available too so we can have more legal move sets.

7. Pokemon Bank compability

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The "problem" with voices would be comparisons to the Japanese version and there will always be people vocal about how much better the Japanese voices are even if they don't understand the language well enough to know the quality.

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thats implying English VA is worse than the rest. I dont believe GF will want to go the extra mile for actors like say a Naughty Dog game, as cool as that would be.

But BotW voice acting here in Spain is pretty good, as it is any voice acting Nintendo has done until now (Starfox' has been pretty remarkable) so i'd be okay with Pokemon having that level of VA

And yes, it is worse, at least in the case of BotW

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Here's bottom of the barral wants for the switch.

1. Skipable cut scenes and dialogue. Not a fast forward a skip button that ends the conversation and turns off the cut scene

2. A laptop, let me access all my pokemon back anytime I want, I'm sick of having to go to a pokemon centre to inspect the pokemon I captured.

3. Difficulty mode, let me make the game harder for myself

5. Return of the p.s.s it's so much better than festival plaza. Just have it be a menu.

6. Tms instead of move tutors just a quality of life change. Make every old move tutor and tm available too so we can have more legal move sets.

7. Pokemon Bank compability
Giving players the ability to switch Pokemon at anytime would probably make the games a lot easier even if they upped the difficulty elsewhere.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
The difference here is that the XY trainer is older and the Kalos fashion plays into it as well.

I thought this too at first, but then I compared Red model from Sun/Moon to Camus in X/Y.

This is Red from Sun/Moon, which I believe is 20-21 yo.

VSRed.png

600px-Spr_SM_Red.png

Sun/Moon character definitely use different proportion to X/Y's.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Making me run to a Pokemon center to change Pokemon is not difficulty

I think they're doing this with Let's Go, actually
The current method forces players to decide between leaving and walking through an entire area again vs just being able to swap out for fresh Pokemon whenever there current ones get low.

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Even if it is, its still a total gamble for VA quality based on almost every single dubbed game.

Then don't dub any game. Ever

You're basically saying that if you don't have yours, no one will. Well, spanish dub have been consistently good in Nintendo Iberica's hands, so i want my voice acted pokemon game.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
please please please, i want following pokemon (the choice at least) and being able to mount/use them for traversal options/world interaction (also, some flying like in ORAS with lati@s)

This reminds me a lot of the dungeon crawling part of Monster Rancher 4.

PokeRide is cool, too bad they are underutilized. The only time you use them is soon after NPC give them, and even then only to clear/bypass some blockades in a corridor like hallway (I'm 100% sure the only time you use Machamp is to solve that 'puzzle' in first Tapu Temple, which also act as the tutorial for it lmao, same as Sharpedo and Mudsdale).

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Watching Dragon Quest XI review videos makes me wish Gen 8 Pokemon would have similar production value.

That'll never happen despite Pokémon being the biggest franchise in the world with likely the biggest profit margins. Those profit margins are likely the reason, why spend more money when you're raking it all in anyway?

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Watching Dragon Quest XI review videos makes me wish Gen 8 Pokemon would have similar production value.

Then go play DQ XI and not Pokemon

You guys need to learn that high production valúes hasn't been a thing in Pokemon games since the start. We're 20 years, 8 Generations in. It's not going to change and it's not why pokemon got popular in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.