• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Again with the Zodiac Theory, we've already had a Dog (Fennekin), Zodiac (Along with the associated pokemon) are as follows.

Rat (Cyndiquil)
Ox
Tiger (Litten)
Rabbit
Dragon (Charmander)
Snake
Horse
Sheep
Monkey (Chimchar)
Rooster (Torchic)
Dog (Fennekin)
Pig (Tepig)

Of course, nothing stopping the grass or water starter possibly being a dog. Snivy line back in Gen 5 was a Snake after all.
Yeah if we get a dog starter in the UK, it will likely be a grass type

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
For starters, I guess I would like

Fruit bat (Grass/Dark)
Sheep (Fire/Steel)
Octopus (Water/Ghost)

Maybe I'll think of some others I'd like too

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you guys think Poké bank will work for the new game? I use a different account in my 3DS than in my Switch so I'm not sure if I would be able to use Poké Bank.

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
My two most needed changes :-

1. Choose your own path. If you want you can challenge the 8th gym before the 1st. Botw style!
2. A more larger world with many in game story events , side quest just like the anime

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
My two most needed changes :-

1. Choose your own path. If you want you can challenge the 8th gym before the 1st. Botw style!
2. A more larger world with many in game story events , side quest just like the anime
That kind of open design would destroy the level curve, and I do not see Gamefreak making 64 unique teams based on how many badges you get, nor would they create 9 unique teams for each and every trainer on each and every route.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

This is the second PokéTuber I saw reviving the old Plus and Minus rumor because of some tweets smh

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

This is the second PokéTuber I saw reviving the old Plus and Minus rumor because of some tweets smh

Oh for fuck's sake

No.

Masuda was telling people to be safe in Hokkaido where there's a Snow Festival annually, this year featuring a Vulpix statue, and the weather is ridiculous right now.

Some YouTubers really annoy me. They make everything into a hint, and to top it off, they use Google Translate or Bing Translate to support their BS when machine translations for Japanese are notoriously wrong

The fact some Youtubers are using Masuda tweeting that he's renewing his driver's license as a hint about the games being a renewal really pisses me off. Stop clickbaiting

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
Going from Sun/Moon starters being shown to the game being released was about 6 months. Damn it, I thought the gap was much longer and that we would get some info soon.

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
That kind of open design would destroy the level curve, and I do not see Gamefreak making 64 unique teams based on how many badges you get, nor would they create 9 unique teams for each and every trainer on each and every route.
Level scaling? Or maybe they don't need to do anything. It's not impossible to defeat 3 level 50 Pokemon with 6 level 30 Pokemon with items , types etc. Nobody is expected to kill those level 90 monster in xenoblade 2 that you find 2 hrs into the game. It will make the game world feel more alive and dynamic

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I was researching it and yeah Cu Sith would be an excellent mytholoical creature to base a design on if we end up seeing a UK Region. There's so much potential with a cool looking Grass/Dark Dog/Wolf Starter

abeba04ca66d14ff8d71a2b592726fedcd9d30ce_00.jpg

ed2d5670cb10cb2fcfbd5caa06263ed6.jpg

smite_concept___cu_sith__harbinger_of_doom_by_kaiology-daupntd.png

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
All I want is a return to the traditional style games (with the good parts of Let's Go included - no random encounters, rideable/following Pokemon) with a less ridiculous team of bad guys (I'm looking at you Team Skull) and a group of solidly designed new Pokemon to accompany a good, varied selection of the already existing roster. I don't want to see the 1000 mark reached in this Gen.

Also, as a slight wishful thinking... I'd love to see the option to create your own gym in the post-game which is used online and you're the leader of it but you can select 4/5 trainers and their teams that challengers would have to fight in order to get to you. Not sure of the logistics of this but it's something I've always wanted to see.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh for fuck's sake

No.

Masuda was telling people to be safe in Hokkaido where there's a Snow Festival annually, this year featuring a Vulpix statue, and the weather is ridiculous right now.

Some YouTubers really annoy me. They make everything into a hint, and to top it off, they use Google Translate or Bing Translate to support their BS when machine translations for Japanese are notoriously wrong

The fact some Youtubers are using Masuda tweeting that he's renewing his driver's license as a hint about the games being a renewal really pisses me off. Stop clickbaiting
YouTube culture is at the best of times tiresome. At the worst of times, we get shit like this.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, as a slight wishful thinking... I'd love to see the option to create your own gym in the post-game which is used online and you're the leader of it but you can select 4/5 trainers and their teams that challengers would have to fight in order to get to you. Not sure of the logistics of this but it's something I've always wanted to see.
ORAS allowed this (in a sense) and it was fantastic.

Expect it to never return.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Going from Sun/Moon starters being shown to the game being released was about 6 months. Damn it, I thought the gap was much longer and that we would get some info soon.
Well, the gap between the X and Y starters being revealed to the game's launch was about 9 months, so there's that.

However, there was a good four months without meaningful information after the first trailers, so pick your poison I guess.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The only major thing going against a Cu Sith inspired Pokemon is there's a considerable amount of Dog Pokemon...mind you there is a lot of dogs in the world

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
My hopes are simple

Dope graphics

At least 100 NEW Pokemon not including regional variants. New Pokemon are what's important.

More than a handful of region variants that aren't exclusively Gen 1. Matter of fact no Gen 1 regional forms. Fuck it!

Bring back the proper online. Don't know what the fuck SMs was suppose to be.

Oct 27, 2017
Creatures Inc. do the 3D imagery for the games

Even if Creatures does the modeling, Gamefreak is doing the actual map design, so maybe I meant "design" more than "model". They've been trending in the right direction from XY (ignoring LGPE). I just want them to full take advantage of 3D. And they shouldn't have any HW restrictions this time either. It's just jarring when you look at all the SM towns and notice all they're flat or still have the same tiers/ledges, connected by stairs, that the 2D games had

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Even if Creatures does the modeling, Gamefreak is doing the actual map design, so maybe I meant "design" more than "model". They've been trending in the right direction from XY (ignoring LGPE). I just want them to full take advantage of 3D. And they shouldn't have any HW restrictions this time either. It's just jarring when you look at all the SM towns and notice all they're flat or still have the same tiers/ledges, connected by stairs, that the 2D games had
Like we said, the general consensus is that Town is based on the same engine as Gen 8's overworld so we'd be able to get an idea from there

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
I was researching it and yeah Cu Sith would be an excellent mytholoical creature to base a design on if we end up seeing a UK Region. There's so much potential with a cool looking Grass/Dark Dog/Wolf Starter
I don't think it would be a starter if it got in though. Usually starters follow their own theme rather than any ecology or regional themes, even in the last gen which was probably the most heavily detailed we've gotten for how Pokemon exist in relation to their setting.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I don't think it would be a starter if it got in though. Usually starters follow their own theme rather than any ecology or regional themes, even in the last gen which was probably the most heavily detailed we've gotten for how Pokemon exist in relation to their setting.
That's a fair point - likely the Starters won't be related to the region - personally i would't mind a shake up have the Starters be Regional Animals from that setting. But i know that's not likely the case.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
If there's a legendary trio in a UK region, a Welsh Dragon, a unicorn, and a Cu Sith would be cool. Zygarde's dog form kind of used up some of the green and black legendary dog design that I'm imagining, but I'm sure they could do something cooler.
Isn't that a goat not a sheep?
The chinese zodiac theory is pretty loosey goosey anyway.
Is it me or does the final evolution look a bit like baphomet? Fiery goat? Not that this is necessarily an objection, devil goat starter seems kind of awesome.
Hell yeah, buddy. Bringing that satanic panic back

Jan 16, 2019
Level scaling? Or maybe they don't need to do anything. It's not impossible to defeat 3 level 50 Pokemon with 6 level 30 Pokemon with items , types etc. Nobody is expected to kill those level 90 monster in xenoblade 2 that you find 2 hrs into the game. It will make the game world feel more alive and dynamic

Just give Gym Leader a team of 6 Pokemon, and the level will be based on player's level.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
If there's a legendary trio in a UK region, a Welsh Dragon, a unicorn, and a Cu Sith would be cool. Zygarde's dog form kind of used up some of the green and black legendary dog design that I'm imagining, but I'm sure they could do something cooler.

The chinese zodiac theory is pretty loosey goosey anyway.

Hell yeah, buddy. Bringing that satanic panic back
That would be cool. I do like Buddy's idea that one of the legendaries is a Dragon based on the Saint George's Story - A Venomous Dragon that crawled out of a Toxic Bog and started causing destruction until Saint George slayed the Dragon.

Jan 16, 2019
This or based on the number of badges. You can have a linear narrative taking some liberties here and there.

If GF want to do difficulty choice, they can do both, in my old "what I want" post, I want them to give us 2-3 difficulty choice:
- New Trainer: The difficult will be as easy as Let's Go, introduce the game to young and new player.
- Gym Leader: The difficult will be like the first couple of Gen like 1-2, this is a normal standard for long time Pokemon fans, the level is based on number of badges.
- Elite Four: This one is for the hard-core competitive fans. The level of Gym Leader, Elite Four, and Champion's Pokemon will be as high as the trainer, all of them have 6 Pokemon and better AI.

Oct 27, 2017
Just give Gym Leader a team of 6 Pokemon, and the level will be based on player's level.
Yeah, I always thought gyms should follow the BT rules, or at least Pokemon Stadium rules. Levels equalized and you're restricted to their number of Pokemon. Hell, if Gamefreak wants to introduce difficulty levels with literally no extra effort on their part, they should enforce THAT for all trainer battles!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing through LG and I gotta say, the openness of the game is kinda eh. I mean, yea it's open, but it doesn't really incentivize doing things in whatever order. there's a clear ordering in how thing are to play out, as if the openness was just an oversight. this is actually compounded in LG because what gates were in the original game are gone now that not-HMs are not tied to badges, so it's more open. and to be honest, there's not much exploration because of it.

but with hard set levels, and a rather linear story, there's a lot of flimsy illusions of openness. this isn't A Link to the Past here, that's for sure. and that didn't have to worry about levels.

really, the best thing GF can do going forward, if they attempt a more open ended design, is detaching the story stuff from the gyms and exploration. allow the player to run around the world without any blocks. if they want to get all 8 badges and beat the E4 before doing the story, fine. tackling the story before doing any gyms, that's fine too. these are all solved problems, GF just needs to research how they were done and do it

Status
Not open for further replies.