• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty much what I reckon too and said before, this person got the Pokemon Let's Go games correct for what they will be way before the annoucement and the accessory Pokemon ball plus. He's pretty confident with this too and says you will hear from others saying the same soon.

Didn't this person predicted Pokémon to be shown at the Direct?

Oct 26, 2017
Idk why you guys waste your time with random people online. Unless it's coming from Serebii, Nintendo, GF, and other people with actual credibility, it's simply not worth it.

JCH33T-

Mar 23, 2018
Manchester, United Kingdom
Idk why you guys waste your time with random people online. Unless it's coming from Serebii, Nintendo, GF, and other people with actual credibility, it's simply not worth it.
As with all supposed 'leaks', most are indeed bullshit. But there's the odd time where someone leaks legit info. Take King Zell with the most recent Direct, and the random 4Chan post which leaked the Let's Go! games, for example. Also, there was even a random Twitter account which had 0 followers that leaked the whole recent Direct

Oct 26, 2017
As with all supposed 'leaks', most are indeed bullshit. But there's the odd time where someone leaks legit info. Take King Zell with the most recent Direct, and the random 4Chan post which leaked the Let's Go! games, for example. Also, there was even a random Twitter account which had 0 followers that leaked the whole recent Direct

Wasn't King Zell someone with actual credibility? Also how often can you reliably trust someone with zero followers? It's most likely copypasted info or someone who just happened to be extremely lucky.

JCH33T-

Mar 23, 2018
Wasn't King Zell someone with actual credibility? Also how often can you reliably trust someone with zero followers? It's most likely copypasted info or someone who just happened to be extremely lucky.
Someone with no followers can't be trusted outright, but I personally still enjoy listening to their supposed inside info cos it's fun. The guy who predicted the whole Direct was not just lucky, he definitely knew. It was around 20 tweets mentioning every single game that was later shown

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Also, there was even a random Twitter account which had 0 followers that leaked the whole recent Direct

Don't trust predictions that surface after the fact. It's incredibly easy to, say, tweet hundreds of things as a private account, then delete the things that didn't happen and make the account public, making it look like you predicted everything because the timestamp shows your tweets as being before the event. It's especially easy to do this if all you're saying is the titles of game series, like that account did.

JCH33T-

Mar 23, 2018
Don't trust predictions that surface after the fact. It's incredibly easy to, say, tweet hundreds of things as a private account, then delete the things that didn't happen and make the account public, making it look like you predicted everything because the timestamp shows your tweets as being before the event. It's especially easy to do this if all you're saying is the titles of game series, like that account did.
Isn't there a way to check that stuff?

JCH33T-

Mar 23, 2018
Not really.

Note that the twitter "leaker" was very vague, only saying "platinum game" for example instead of actually knowing the title.
I just looked at that actually and it is a little suspicious. I'll definitely consider that.

Still, my point was that it's not just the big sources that know stuff. Sometimes the little guy leaks the info, and has done many times in the past. Usually, we don't realise they are right until after the fact though e.g. 4Chan Switch Presentation leak

cheska

Oct 27, 2017
Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask, but does a general pokemon community thread no longer exist? I did a search for threads, but couldn't come up with anything, yet I could have sworn these things existed.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017

Masuda showing this CP199 Weedle that has 226 candies is clearly hinting at the Pokemon direct happening on February 26th. So if you'll excuse me, I'll be making 20 YouTube videos about this tweet.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

Masuda showing this CP199 Weedle that has 226 candies is clearly hinting at the Pokemon direct happening on February 26th. So if you'll excuse me, I'll be making 20 YouTube videos about this tweet.

I know you're joking, but he teased the Let's Go reveal last year in a similar manner.
DzfcXHJWsAIrwOC.jpg

It probably does mean something.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Still think they should have made Poison super effective on water. Now with the inclusion of fairies I don't think there is still the need, but it made so much sense to me both from a balance as well as logic perspective.

But water dilutes poison, honestly it would make more sense for water to be effective against poison.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Talking about baseless rumors is half the fun!

I think its fun only when there's something of substance behind said baseless rumor.

So give me silly things like Pokemon Crown and Sceptor over "I BET MY ACCOUNT IT'LL BE REVEALED BEFORE POKEMON DAY" any time of the week, because at leas the former could be fun to talk about!

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
After playing Octopath Traveler, the next Pokemon game NEEDS musical transitions into boss music. That was the hypest thing about Octopath, no hyperbole.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Why is the 2.200 Stardust a lot less blurred than the rest of the other surrounding numbers? Feb. 20th?

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Masuda hints are usually about the titles, not reveal dates. He didn't tease LGPE announcement date.

That doesn't mean a reveal can't happen on Feb 26 tho.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
But water dilutes poison, honestly it would make more sense for water to be effective against poison.

For me it's the opposite - you have a clear cup of water and someone comes in and drops something poisonous inside, making it harmful.

Or just dropping a shit ton of industrial waste in a lake.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I was just about to mention the weedle tweet and joke about it, but I completely forgot about last year's Pokemon Go tweet which was almost accurate in its Let's Go announcement date teasing. While it does seem a stretch, its Masuda as fuck to do something like this. None of his tweets felt particularly teaserish until this one. He blurs the bottom half for no reason, the thumbnail on Twitter is specifically the Candy portion, and he never really tweets Pokemon Go photos. I'm confident as hell we will get an announcement for the direct by next Friday, it just feels right.
Edit: Huh. Masuda has been going on a lot lately about the Weather as well. Could potentially mean the games are gonna be something Hot and Cold. Would make sense, falls into the Red/Blue motif most of the gens follow, but it does clash with gen 5 quite a bit. Perhaps then Summer/Winter? Would love it if Gen 8 is focused on seasons.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just about to mention the weedle tweet and joke about it, but I completely forgot about last year's Pokemon Go tweet which was almost accurate in its Let's Go announcement date teasing. While it does seem a stretch, its Masuda as fuck to do something like this. None of his tweets felt particularly teaserish until this one. He blurs the bottom half for no reason, the thumbnail on Twitter is specifically the Candy portion, and he never really tweets Pokemon Go photos. I'm confident as hell we will get an announcement for the direct by next Friday, it just feels right.
Edit: Huh. Masuda has been going on a lot lately about the Weather as well. Could potentially mean the games are gonna be something Hot and Cold. Would make sense, falls into the Red/Blue motif most of the gens follow, but it does clash with gen 5 quite a bit. Perhaps then Summer/Winter? Would love it if Gen 8 is focused on seasons.
the return of seasons (and hopefully not based on real world time)

THE RETURN OF WEATHER WARS

*PRIMALS INTENSIFIES*

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
For me it's the opposite - you have a clear cup of water and someone comes in and drops something poisonous inside, making it harmful.

Or just dropping a shit ton of industrial waste in a lake.
that's a very fair point. In a weird way they ballance each other out. Add more water to dilute the poison, add more poison to increase its potency.

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
If these games actually do end up being set in a UK-inspired region, it would be funny if they were thematically linked to the weather.

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
Shit, that'd be amazing. The transitions into Decisive Battle 2 were always incredible. Best song from that game IMO
Can you imagine? Each gym leader with their own unique prelude, all transitioning into the same fight theme. The Elite Four would have another.

Shoot, even the random scrub trainers have their eyecatch music which could transition into the trainer battle music instead of the jarring transition we have currently. Ugh, I'm just setting myself up for disappointment :(

For anyone wondering, here are some videos demonstrating transitions from two (of eight!) character themes into the same boss fight music:

First you'll hear the pre-fight music, which takes place while the character and boss are getting hyped up to fight. Each character has their own. Then a brief transition while the screen fades, and finally the boss theme begins to play as the battle screen appears. It's real neat.

Now imagine the same for gym leaders, trainers, and the Elite Four.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
I have the next week off school so I'm really hoping if there is a pokemon day direct, it's announced this week (though I guess Monday next week would make the most sense?)

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Man if the games are based on the weather and based in the UK, Cold, Frost, Winter or whatever you'd call it version would be the most accurate. The last thing I expect to see in a UK region is the sun.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
If the titles are Summer/Winter there is an location that would fit the most - Scandinavia. The titles could tie into the Summer and Winter Solstice

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Pokemon Summer/Winter isn't a bad idea for the titles
Ideally season based game titles would be Equinox/Solstice, but Sun and Moon exist as games already so they do have to go for something less general. Also why I would love season based legendary Pokemon, I was harping on since 2016 on the dedicated Pokemon Forums that Sun and Moon are gonna have a Solstice Legendary and an Equinox Pokemon respectively, so yeah. Sun and Moon really killed any chances of a general season based title theme real quick, as the seasons are all about how long the sun takes to set or how quick the moon comes out.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Ideally season based game titles would be Equinox/Solstice, but Sun and Moon exist as games already so they do have to go for something less general. Also why I would love season based legendary Pokemon, I was harping on since 2016 on the dedicated Pokemon Forums that Sun and Moon are gonna have a Solstice Legendary and an Equinox Pokemon respectively, so yeah. Sun and Moon really killed any chances of a general season based title theme real quick, as the seasons are all about how long the sun takes to set or how quick the moon comes out.
Fair enough, maybe a Heat/Cold theme for the games?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Fair enough, maybe a Heat/Cold theme for the games?
That's kind of why I was agreeing with Summer and Winter, because Hot/Cold kind of clashes with Gen 5 in a way. I mean, when I think Cold/Hot my mind goes towards Reshiram and Kyurem. And a Pokemon that would make things really hot leans really close into Groudon territory. Thinking about it, season based legendaries should be as neutral as possible in their powers, but not unrelated to them, like how Solgaleo and Lunala were not Sun and Moon dieties but Ultra Space pokemon who gained their powers from either the Sun or the Moon. So if you go for something like Summer or Winter it can work in a sense for covering all the seasons, as the Summer and Winter legendaries would be the climate at its absolutes, if that makes sense. So it could be a Hot and Cold theme, but the Pokemon themselves would be more about keeping balance in the ecosystem.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I feel if we do end up getting a Season/Weather Theme then the Region that would fit the most would be Scandinavia because it is one of the most extreme countries in the world when it comes to the changes in season plus it would be a great contrast to Sun/Moon. I do want Gen 8 to be UK Based but if it's Scandinavia i wouldn't mind

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Past & Future still remain my favorite possible names. It would go so well with the Big Ben and Diamond (time) and Pearl remakes in the same gen lol

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
4chan is leaning hard into the Masuda Tweet, but I gotta give it to them as batshit insane as it seems to analyze it this much, I'm gonna give credit where its due.
-226 candies for the reveal date, 2/26/2019
-199 CP is the National Dex # for Slowking
-4.16kg is the National Dex # for Vespiquen

King and Queen, Crown and Septer, yadda yadda yadda

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the worst part about the Summer/Winter idea is that the versions will be hard set to those seasons until the post game, where you can swap between the two. at least it's less stupid than a half day time shift, but still, I don't like the idea.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
4chan is leaning hard into the Masuda Tweet, but I gotta give it to them as batshit insane as it seems to analyze it this much, I'm gonna give credit where its due.
-226 candies for the reveal date, 2/26/2019
-199 CP is the National Dex # for Slowking
-4.16kg is the National Dex # for Vespiquen

King and Queen, Crown and Septer, yadda yadda yadda

Holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.