• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
I would love a UK region. There's a lot of mythology to pull from all 4 countries (crosses fingers for a Loch Ness monster legendary/mythical)

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
After taking a gigantic trip through Ireland and the UK last summer - hell yes. Those areas are absolutely gorgeous wit ha HUGE amount of history and culture. They would be perfect for a Pokemon game.

I'll just be over here, waiting on a Canada Pokemon map. The best country for a Pokemon setting we'll never see...

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
My only worry with a UK based region is that it wouldn't feel different enough from Kalos.
This. I'm really afraid we'll get a theme park region again.
800px-Kalos_alt.png

Don't get me wrong, I love Kalos but it's by no means well done.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't love Kalos. Alola was such a nice region. Just please don't make it as boring as Kalos.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't worry about a UK region being too similar to Kalos, because Kalos is so unfocused and scattershot that I can't really put my finger on what sets it apart- the castles, perhaps, but that's about it. It's not like it's quintessentially French, in the same way that Alola's quintessentially Hawaiian.

There's a tonne of unique and interesting stuff that they could do with a Britain-set Pokémon game if they were more committed to the idea than they were to a French one.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This. I'm really afraid we'll get a theme park region again.
800px-Kalos_alt.png

Don't get me wrong, I love Kalos but it's by no means well done.
if they changed up how they designed their levels, it shouldn't be theme parky. the issue is that the Game Boy's level design philosophy doesn't lead to good use of area differences. the move to 3D only highlighted how small the regions actually were, so they'll have to make areas much more spread out to make different biomes flow naturally into each other

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Is there any chance at all they announce it in the upcoming direct on Wednesday? First time for everything right?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I would love a UK region. There's a lot of mythology to pull from all 4 countries (crosses fingers for a Loch Ness monster legendary/mythical)
No way they aren't going to do that

Also i am putting my stock into Duncan's Claim the Reigon will be UK Based - seems a lot of people have been going with this/

I am going to make a prediction of my own - we will get a Grass/Poison or Grass/Psychic Pokemon based on the Thistle (maybe be a starter).

Plants vs Zombies had a pretty good idea of what i expect it to kinda look like.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
If we get a Pokemon Game set in Britain then having one of the 2 legendary Pokemon be a Unicorn makes complete sense as it's Scotland's National Animal. Kinda sucks they can't do England's National Animal - The Lion as a Legendary since ya know, Solgeleo. I know about Keldeo but you could make a very different more traditional Unicorn Pokemon - plus having two Pokemon based on the same thing but widely different isn't too out of the ordinary. Maybe a Dragon would work for the other legendary/

Last edited:

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
I think South east Asia can be something unique for the Pokemon franchise. With India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, you have the biggest and diverse region

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Ah I remember discussion of this map on the wall back then but I don't think I saw this take on it

I'm all for another asian region, but I'm guessing Europe is more likely. It's time they step out of the America/Europe cycle tho, we been here since gen 5 and the world has other Interessing places, look at Latin America!

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The Map in LGPE very much does look like the UK just with some bits cut out (like the south west but it's possible locations from that are will still be in this reigon).Based on the design, it looks to me like that the player will start from Scotland and go down to England with London being one of the final cities/towns and like the Elite Four being there

Feb 24, 2018
I know this is considered VERY far out, but given the series has done time travel, multidimensional travel, Kaiju, Nightmare on Elm Street and had you riding a Dragon to space to fight a meteor surfing alien, I don't think it's THAT far out in comparison.

How about a region completely different, something truly alien for the series, think 300 year jump into the future on their world's equivilant of the Moons of Jupiter (aka the classical 4, Io, Callisto, Ganymede and Europa), half terraformed. A mixture of classic Pokemon and truly alien Pokemon like Deoxys was. The ability to play as different races like human, a space elf like race (the offspring of humans and...) and Douhel, a non-pokemon distint cousins of Deoxys.

Now to me, that would get me excited to play a new Pokemon game and something truly unique for the franchise.

Feb 24, 2018
Also, please give Bellossom some love Game Freak, I'm still a bit bitter that Bellossom, the one Pokemon they had that was inspired by Hawaiian culture was excluded from those games and would love to see her get more love in the future. If we have to do the UK one, how about a Scottish themed variant on the Oddish line which changes them from Grass/Poison to Grass/Steel and based of Scottish plants. The exception being Bellossom (due to her always being the odd one out of the line) being Grass/Fighting and her leaf dress more resembling a kilt.

Also give Wigglytuff something so it doesn't suffer the same fate as Raichu had previously.

Also Hyena Pokemon and Wolf Spider.

FatGoron

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for another asian region, but I'm guessing Europe is more likely. It's time they step out of the America/Europe cycle tho, we been here since gen 5 and the world has other Interessing places, look at Latin America!

It's really unfortunate that Pokemon Sage is a fan game, because the South America inspired world and Pokemon in that game are fuckin' amazing.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Is there any chance at all they announce it in the upcoming direct on Wednesday? First time for everything right?
Pokémon is the biggest media franchise on the planet. Its reveals will be separate.

We could get an announcement of the announcement, but the game reveal itself will be separate, whenever it is.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I myself am leaning towards that but i have seen some people that say it will be Italy or Southern Asia which i think would be cool regions.

Also i say this comment on Bundy's video:

"If England was a Pokemon region, there better be a teacup Pokemon, which would later evolve into a teapot."

....that's going to happen for sure

Last edited:

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
We could get an announcement of the announcement, but the game reveal itself will be separate, whenever it is.
Like, an announcement of a Pokemon Direct during the General Direct? That'd be neat, and an interesting way to keep hype rolling I suppose. Just immediately announce when the next piece of big Nintendo news will be.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
I'm reallyyyyyyy hoping that the pokemon direct wont be too long after the general one. The general direct announcing the date of the pokemon direct would be perfect as it still allows TPC to have their own spotlight.

Since it seems like we're a month behind the movie news schedule compared to previous years (since the first trailer for M22 didn't drop till jan) I'm guessing our mythical reveal will be in March. If they plan on doing a logo only reveal on or around pokemon day this year, waiting till afterwards to reveal the mythical is kinda clever as it lessens the effect of the news drought.

PaultheNerd

Dec 25, 2018
I hope they choose to do a Pokemon direct where it highlights the transition from handheld to home console, TPC seems to really enjoy highlighting the development of the series as new games come out.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll heavily participate in this thread once the game is revealed. I have so much insane hype, but I need to see the games, unless some huge substantial rumors come before the game is revealed.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they choose to do a Pokemon direct where it highlights the transition from handheld to home console, TPC seems to really enjoy highlighting the development of the series as new games come out.
I'm willing to bet money the first thing they'll show is the camera spinning around the main character to highlight the controllable camera

Oct 25, 2017
While everyone wants more presentation. I want a faster game.

Attack animations, quick.
Cut scenes, quick.
Intro to battles, quick.
Less story or at least more of it in the background.

My dream Pokemon would be Black White 2 with HD sprites, include all the new mons that came after, update the battle system with types and give me PSS, Dex nav and hyper training and I'm good.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone talking about regions, while I just want a region that is more open and interesting. No, I'm not advocating for an "open world" Pokemon game, but just something more open than what we've been getting. The linearity in Sun/Moon (both in terms of the overwhelming narrative/dialogue and world design) is suffocating and extremely uninteresting.

Just give me some openness. Give me optional areas to explore and get lost in. Don't tell me where to go every 5 minutes. Let me walk into a town or city and not be bombarded with dialogue or cut scenes...just let me figure out what's going on and where to go on my own.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just give me some openness. Give me optional areas to explore and get lost in. Don't tell me where to go every 5 minutes. Let me walk into a town or city and not be bombarded with dialogue or cut scenes...just let me figure out what's going on and where to go on my own.
they're never gonna make a game like that after Gen 4 happened

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
that alone would make me the most excited I have ever been for a pokemon game

I can picture it ending with the trainer leaving the city and it fades to white (cause you know it will still have loading between towns/field) but then the teaser ends with the trainer staring out over the much wider route where you Pokemon flying around/running about amidst the Pokemon theme blaring.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can picture it ending with the trainer leaving the city and it fades to white (cause you know it will still have loading between towns/field) but then the teaser ends with the trainer staring out over the much wider route where you Pokemon flying around/running about amidst the Pokemon theme blaring.
as long as the loaded areas are large enough, I don't mind transitions between field and town. I'm playing LG right now and wondering why are there even transitions between floors of buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.