• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
We're most likely getting a general direct next week yeah, but I doubt we'd see anything pokemon related in it.

That being said, the X/Y and S/M real directs happened within 1-2 weeks of general directs. Two weeks after the general direct is pokemon day which many are speculating will be the reveal date anyways, so here's hoping.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Aardvark pokemon would be awesome.

Also a proper big elephant regular pokemon or legendary. Grass type baobab inspired pokes.

Possibilities are endless.

No kidding! I'd love an elephant starter. So many other possibilities.

Rhinoceros, cheetahs, gazelles, okapis, baboons, etc

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
A sheep starter would make a ton of sense for a UK region. Here's my take on it that will never be made:
J5uxXEo.png

Show of some smoke effects in gen 8, gamefreak

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
We aren't gonna get Pokemon for a while, even if it feels like forever. I feel like the 27th is too close to the general direct for it to happen, then again Jqnuary 2013 had both in the same month.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
If we are talking sheep starters, I'm saddened that Flairees will never be an official pokémon.

7224e16c2c1bb41f95c5f1a55fd74f95.jpg

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
As long I can keep my tradition of always using the grass starter on the first run, I'm fine with something 'good'.
Chespin and his line almost made me use Froakie.
Grass starters are underappreciated yet they are the most consistently awesome line (until Chestnaught fucked it up).

A sheep starter would make a ton of sense for a UK region. Here's my take on it that will never be made:
J5uxXEo.png

Show of some smoke effects in gen 8, gamefreak
This is cool!
But unrealistic because it's not bipedal.
I can keep hoping that GF decides that a quadruped fire starter is worth something.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon starters are generally a bit more interesting than just elemental animal and have very strong shape design (i dont see a single interesting shape in those). If they ended up being something like that fan mon id be be pretty disappointed.

If we are talking sheep starters, I'm saddened that Flairees will never be an official pokémon.

This on the other hand looks pretty cool. Whys it so angry though?

Last edited:

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017

Flairees is cooler than most of their legendaries. Which is to say, this design would never happen for a starter, lol
Lambe is an amazing name for a first form Fire Sheep Pokemon
Original character, do not steal, gamefreak

I got a little greedy with my punsmanship with Swelshear (swell, swelter, sweater, welsh, shear, sear).

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
A four-legged final evolution for the fire starter would certainly be the BOTW-sized revolution we've been hearing about.

Make it happen, Nintendo.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon starters are generally a bit more interesting than just elemental animal and have very strong shape design (i dont see a single interesting shape in those). If they ended up being something like that fan mon id be be pretty disappointed.
My problem with this is that it's not "interesting" enoough. Just kinda feels boring. Tho i guess it's more Gen 1ish.
That's fan art for ya. Just trying to convey the idea (and write pun names), I didn't do any refining or design iteration

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I still think a Fire Starter based on the Highland Cattle would work the best for a UK Region but a Fire Sheep would also work very well

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
If we're getting a UK based region, what will the Pokemon food be based off of? If they're not jaffa cakes, I'll be mad.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I am not quite sure on the Water Starter - i could see it maybe being based on a Water Vole which is a common Pokemon in the UK but outside that i have no ideas.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I was thinking an idea for the UK starters is they are loosely based on Legends/stories. Legends/stories which would play a prominent role in the Reigon. The Grass Starter could be based on a Leprechaun mixed with a British Rabbit. The Water Starter could be based on the Loch Ness Monster. I am not sure about the Fire Starter but an idea was have it based on the Minotaur from Greek Legends

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I was thinking an idea for the UK starters is they are loosely based on Legends/stories. Legends/stories which would play a prominent role in the Reigon. The Grass Starter could be based on a Leprechaun mixed with a British Rabbit. The Water Starter could be based on the Loch Ness Monster. I am not sure about the Fire Starter but an idea was have it based on the Minotaur from Greek Legends
Leprechauns aren't from the UK :P

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
You could have a Fire starter based on the Welsh dragon.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
You could have a Fire starter based on the Welsh dragon.
That would be cool but if we go by the Zodiac theory, Dragon is used up. But that could be cool. Having the starters being based on Legends from Scotland,Ireland and Wales.

Another starter idea in terms of Legends is one being based on the Black Dog aka the Hound of the Basketvilles. I think it could be a Grass/Dark Pokemon

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
That would be cool but if we go by the Zodiac theory, Dragon is used up. But that could be cool. Having the starters being based on Legends from Scotland,Ireland and Wales.

Another starter idea in terms of Legends is one being based on the Black Dog aka the Hound of the Basketvilles. I think it could be a Grass/Dark Pokemon
Dogs are very popular in the UK so having a Dog Starter in the UK would make a lot of sense

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018

I thought along these lines of having a Loch Ness Monster based legendary.. but then I read apparently Lapras was loosely based on it and was even going to be called Ness in the in original plans. Also, Amaura was similar-ish...

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I thought along these lines of having a Loch Ness Monster based legendary.. but then I read apparently Lapras was loosely based on it and was even going to be called Ness in the in original plans. Also, Amaura was similar-ish...
I still think they could do something different if they did another Pokémon based on the Loch Ness Monster

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dogs are very popular in the UK so having a Dog Starter in the UK would make a lot of sense

Again with the Zodiac Theory, we've already had a Dog (Fennekin), Zodiac (Along with the associated pokemon) are as follows.

Rat (Cyndiquil)
Ox
Tiger (Litten)
Rabbit
Dragon (Charmander)
Snake
Horse
Sheep
Monkey (Chimchar)
Rooster (Torchic)
Dog (Fennekin)
Pig (Tepig)

Of course, nothing stopping the grass or water starter possibly being a dog. Snivy line back in Gen 5 was a Snake after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.