• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I feel like we'll get a James Bond-esque, secret agent starter for Gen 8 if it's in the UK. Not like just a secret agent, but like a secret agent animal. Like how Greninja's a frog ninja or how Incineroar is a tiger wrestler.

Also replaying Black and White, and holy shit do I wish Gen 8 was this snappy. Outside of box/party menus and saving, this is by far the best Pokemon has ever felt to play.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the early route/common bird would be in a UK inspired region.
We already have a Robin, Crow and Pigeon.
Maybe a Magpie inexplicably evolving into an Osprey.

And finally get me that Peacock as well!

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I wonder what the early route/common bird would be in a UK inspired region.
We already have a Robin, Crow and Pigeon.
Maybe a Magpie inexplicably evolving into an Osprey.

And finally get me that Peacock as well!

I'd like next regional bird to end as a heron. Maybe something like moorhen -> oystercatcher -> heron idk.

Crane as a last stage would work fine too.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Long as the regional bird is a fun type combo im good. Water/Flying or something. I'd like something cool tho like Rock/Flying but that prob wont happen.

Oct 27, 2017
Treehouse is usually only involved for video game related content, so either Pokken or LGPE are getting more content or something else game related is up...
Sorry, but I'm jumping on the hype train

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I am going to make a prediction - we will get the announcement before Pokemon Day (week or 2 before) and they will show off a quick trailer like X/Y and that gameplay will be shown off on Pokemon Day

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm doubting this will mean anything. There's 5 hours of Q & A. Unless they're revealing several spin-offs, that's at least 4 and a half hours longer than a Q & A for the Gen 8 games would be this early before release.
A Nintendo Treehouse Q&A on Pokémon Day is...unusual... to say the least, however

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
It would be odd to solely cover LGPE since that's been out for months no?

Do we finally have an announcement on the horizon oh goodness

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Perhaps they'd need to clear up compatibility? Gen 8 would likely be compatible with a mobile game (Go), games on a different system (Gen 7), and a subseries with no compatibility with other main series games yet (Let's Go). I could see that needing a lot of explanation.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A week's worth of Q&As seems... odd.

Even if there is a big announcement between now and then, the chances of us seeing enough to make that amount of Q&A time worthwhile are basically nil.

What gives?

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
A week's worth of Q&As seems... odd.

Even if there is a big announcement between now and then, the chances of us seeing enough to make that amount of Q&A time worthwhile are basically nil.

What gives?
The fact there's a Q&A at all is unusual.

These Treehouse members are flying across the country for it.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
Don't want to jump the gun early but this is potentially exciting. . .

TPC loves to switch it up with how they announce games. Pokemon direct, press conference. A reveal and then just 5 days of celebrating it and talking about it seems reasonable

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't want to jump the gun early but this is potentially exciting. . .

TPC loves to switch it up with how they announce games. Pokemon direct, press conference. A reveal and then just 5 days of celebrating it and talking about it seems reasonable
I love how you're convincing yourself that it's happening.

It ain't happening!

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
This is so weird, I'm prepared to be disappointed.

I mean, I don't see them talking about Gen 8 for 1 hour, and even less for 5 hours. Unless, you know, it's like the BotW E3 treehouse, where they were goofing around for hours in the wild...

And Gen8 will NOT be like that, so I've no effin clue what they'll talk about.

Most reasonable theory? A spin-off.

Who am I kidding. So hyped.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
The thing with Pokémon +/- is, like, who's going to want Pokémon Minus? Both "sides" should be roughly equally appealing.

Also, in the context of Pokémon, "Plus" is already used in the name of both the Pokémon Go Plus and the Poké Ball Plus.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
The thing with Pokémon +/- is, like, who's going to want Pokémon Minus? Both "sides" should be roughly equally appealing.

Also, in the context of Pokémon, "Plus" is already used in the name of both the Pokémon Go Plus and the Poké Ball Plus.
Yeah, it doesn't take marketing into account at all.

Just corresponding titles isn't enough. Pokemon Trash and Pokemon Treasure probably also not happening.

PaultheNerd

Dec 25, 2018
This is interesting to say the least. Having the treehouse Q&A really makes this more than just a kids event I would say, definitely seems like something is up.

5 days of Q&A does seem too much for just the new games, however (in the case gen. 8 is revealed around or on Pokémon day) I'm sure they will do some small demo at the beginning of each Q&A session and let people know the extent to which they can ask about those games, rather they will try to get some questions on the franchise as a whole or LGPE.

EDIT: grammar

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
Serebii , Joe I know you have said it's unusual in regards of the Q@A with Nintendo tree house happening on Pokemon day, for 5 days in-fact, but honestly how do you interpret this, can it be associated with Pokemon gen 8?

Last edited:

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Safe to say Pokémon direct on the 27th with a Treehouse presentation right after showcasing gameplay? Seems way too early to be doing all these treehouse sessions for it though

Eintopf

Jul 8, 2018
UK
Maybe there's a direct or announcement of Gen 8 along with a spinoff that's shadowdropped after the presenation and that's what will be played during the treehouse segments.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Serebii , Joe I know you have said it's unusual in regards of the tree house event and the Q&A happining on Pokemon day, for 5 days in-fact, but honestly how do you interpret this, can it be associated with Pokemon gen 8?
I'm not Serebii, but I definitely think it means Gen 8. I have a funny feeling that bring announced 18 months before any media comes out for it including the names of the games means that it will be a lot more front loaded in its reveal than previous games. I also have a suspicion this is also to offset the large number of features, changes, and content they have for prerelease material, Gen 8 is gonna be big, I can feel it.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a Pokemon Direct for that wednesday with the Q&As afterwards might be a bad idea. mainly because pretty much everyone's gonna be asking about the new game, and adults will come on the days after wednesday with the harder questions.

Oct 26, 2017

I mean, does it really matter? There's Pokemon Gold and Silver, and Silver is perceived as less valuable than Gold, yet that doesn't stop people from buying the game. The title won't be relevant as much as the exclusive content within these games.

EDIT: This is not to defend and argue that Plus and Minus will be the names, I'm just saying that I don't think the title is as big of a deal as people think.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
5 days of Q&A is a lot. There will have to be something new to talk about for sure, even if they don't exclusively focus on it for all 5 days. They can't fill that time with Pikachu and Eevee talks.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
The timing for an announcement seems right, but 5 hours of Q&A over five days is just a weird amount of time, so it's hard to guess. Too much for gen 8, too much for LGEP. Do they have three spinoffs they could also be talking about? I dont keep up with those.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The timing for an announcement seems right, but 5 hours of Q&A over five days is just a weird amount of time, so it's hard to guess. Too much for gen 8, too much for LGEP. Do they have three spinoffs they could also be talking about? I dont keep up with those.
Not really. But I'm guessing they will announce more than just gen 8 on the direct.
We need a new Mystery Dungeon.

MayorTortimer

May 27, 2018
While Treehouse doesn't localize the main series Pokemon games, haven't they done interviews with the developers in advance of new games (like with Let's Go, they interviewed Masuda)? Could this "Q&A With Nintendo Treehouse" actually be a Q&A hosted by Treehouse with Game Freak developers?

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
While Treehouse doesn't localize the main series Pokemon games, haven't they done interviews with the developers in advance of new games (like with Let's Go, they interviewed Masuda)? Could this "Q&A With Nintendo Treehouse" actually be a Q&A hosted by Treehouse with Game Freak developers?
Unless they localised some spin-off?

Oct 27, 2017

Treehouse does interviews with tons of devs. They're the ones conducting them all throughout E3. It was never just for the games they localized

Status
Not open for further replies.