• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017

Figured this was worth its own thread, because it's a pretty scummy, greedy move that sorta dampens Pokemon Go transfers. While you can earn Pokemon Coins from Pokemon Gyms, you get the most by paying actual money. Guess I'll be getting my extra legendaries from older games then when I don't want to Re-EV stuff.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Home already disallow transfers in the other direction and cost real money?

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
If this is true then that is incredibly greedy and scummy. There shouldn't be a fucking fee.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
what the fuck is this. See this is why im playing the older games on DS from bank to home. this makes no sense.

Just realized this was pokemon go mobile. I dont play that shit. i thought this was pokemon lets go. lol. But still crappy practice for people who play mobile go. i quit that game years ago

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
They...wouldn't be that scummy about this right?
I mean sure you can get pokecoins for staying at a gym but....

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol niantic, wht tf do you have to restrict trading and transfering so much

It's as if they honestly believe they have a worthwhile internal economy that can get ruined

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
I play PoGo every day as is and already paid for a year of Home. Why on earth do I have to pay more?

I'm still on the PokeCoin grind in PoGo to expand my storage slots. I don't wanna distract from that process for a feature in a service I already paid for and feel a bit burned on.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Will these Pokemon then be transferrable into Pokemon Sword and Shield? I have only played Go a few times since the pandemic started sadly. I do miss it.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Some people have dozens of the same legendary or mythical so I can see them wanting to prevent players from shoving them all in SwSh. I doubt this is the best method to prevent this however.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Wow that would be really bad. I hope they at least let you transfer a certain amount for free every now and then otherwise I would only use it for selected shinies and not more.

Deleted member 14313

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Transferring Pokemon from GO (the mobile game) into Home (the hub where you can store Pokemon from the recent mainline games) will cost in-game Pokemon GO currency.
Restricted in game currency which you can only earn 50 per day and only if you make an effort.

This currency also happens to be on sale for real money via microtransactions. And of course you can buy as much as you want. No 50 per day limit there.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
Gross. I was looking forward to the easy way to get Melmetal, but if it's behind a paywall because I haven't been playing GO, then I guess I might just keep waiting.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao

Wow. Fuck off TPC/Niantic. Fuck all the way off. This is just another stepping stone for me to drop Go altogether.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm done with anything Pokemon related for a while

This franchise keeps going downhill, it's a shame.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
And this is why I got out of GO and Pokémon in general. GO is a repetitive grind and for the money they make, the improvements to the app are laughable. The same goes for the mainline games.

I say this as an owner of every single game up to Sun and a two/three-time over Lvl 40 POGO player.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
So basically you have to pay for a subscription where you'll then have to pay a premium currency to use

Deleted member 25140

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Fuck dirty cash pig Niantic for the way they've monetised this, I already pay extortionate amounts for Pokemon Home I shouldn't be paying for this too.

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who loves these games, boy does this fucking suck. Especially since Home already has a subscription price.

Deleted member 70647

Banned
May 31, 2020
Guys Pokémon has been greedy and scummy for many years now, don't know why people expected anything else

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Niantic have got so moneygrabby lately it's really disappointing :/
Guys Pokémon has been greedy and scummy for many years now, don't know why people expected anything else
Probably because it's free to transfer GO -> Let's Go, Let's Go <-> HOME and Sword/Shield <-> HOME so people though this would be free

And Pokémon hasn't been that greedy and scummy. Don't drop BS

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everything related to Home is a rip-off, so I shouldn't be surprised, but I still am.

I just want to transfer over old Raticates and stuff why are you punishing me

Deleted member 70647

Banned
May 31, 2020
Niantic have got so moneygrabby lately it's really disappointing :/

Probably because it's free to transfer GO -> Let's Go, Let's Go <-> HOME and Sword/Shield <-> HOME so people though this would be free

And Pokémon hasn't been that greedy and scummy. Don't drop BS
Man you're a full on Pokémon account I don't really know if I can get a gauge on your opinion without some biases involved lol

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Niantic is making it impossible to enjoy Pokémon Go. The game is a borefest outside of events, the Mega mechanic is botched and designed to force you to keep doing raids that you will most likely need a paid Remote Raid Pass because we're still in the middle of a fucking pandemic, quests have become absurdly useless with awful rewards, not even the research box is worth it anymore. Even the League has become stale since legendaries are no longer included in the rewards.
I feel like every single mechanic in this damn game is riddled with MTX.
Except no? Every time I wanted to play a Pokémon game, I paid for the game and that was it. Still is.