• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I would also love to get a Melmetal for the Pokedex entry. I have Meltan but never finished the go quest for the evolution.
Would trade it back if I can't keep it, no problem.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Sorry if this information is readily available somewhere I haven't seen - has it been clearly communicated wether stored Pokemon are kept or not if you stop paying for the subscription? Bank potentially erasing your Pokemon was an absolute deal breaker for me.

Yeah the FAQ says they are kept but you can't access any of them past the first 30.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I love the Wonder Box feature, just been able to put a ton of mons in there that I want to see Wonder Traded - then come back in the morning and see lots of different Pokeballs all for me to open and see which mons I got, it's like Christmas Morning for Pokemon!

JetBazooka

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
I got a month of a Home and moved over some Pokemon from X to it. A handful can't be moved into Sword yet. Am I correct that after my month is up they'll just be deleted or will they be locked to home until I subscribe again?
currently only 35 pokemon can be moved from past games to pokemon sword and shield. All your pokemon will be locked in home after your month sub ends. No matter what you will have to buy at least more then a month of home or bank eventually. It was always a trap.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I got a shiny Rhydon from Wonder Box. It seems legit, but I find it weird people are willing to just give away a shiny like that, I dunno. I guess they could've cloned it, or they just didn't care all that much.

tBI2MkQ.png

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
The fact that Home features are different depending on the version (Switch / mobile) and therefore you can't do everything from either app, is the most Nintendo thing I've seen in a long time.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I like that there are rewards for transferring Pokémon from their original game (like Kyogre from GBA Ruby/Sapphire).

LET ME RESIZE THE STICKERS

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I got a shiny Rhydon from Wonder Box. It seems legit, but I find it weird people are willing to just give away a shiny like that, I dunno. I guess they could've cloned it, or they just didn't care all that much.

tBI2MkQ.png
Funny thinking the backstory behind that
- Clueless person "the colors in my Rhydon are wrong, good thing I can trade it and get a normal one"
- Little cousin visits "This moving pokemon around boxes game is so fun, wonder what happens if I put this cool Rhydon in this box"
- Angry ex has yet to return your Switch "So many shinies collected over the years, would be pity if someone where to wonder trade them"

Oct 26, 2017
- Clueless person "the colors in my Rhydon are wrong, good thing I can trade it and get a normal one"
- Little cousin visits "This moving pokemon around boxes game is so fun, wonder what happens if I put this cool Rhydon in this box"
- Angry ex has yet to return your Switch "So many shinies collected over the years, would be pity if someone where to wonder trade them"

Another option is that they had duplicate shinies and decided to be nice, I've definitely done it before.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
The fact that Home features are different depending on the version (Switch / mobile) and therefore you can't do everything from either app, is the most Nintendo thing I've seen in a long time.

It's Game Freak, not Nintendo. They are obsessed with getting people to use their phone for Pokemon. That's why the GTS feature is bound to the mobile app.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Yeah. It's pretty lame that I can't make labels on the Switch, nor can I move Pokemon around in boxes on mobile. Though, moving around Pokemon in boxes requires a big save after you've made your changes, so they probably don't want the constant saving happening on mobile. While trades don't really matter, since those would happen on the server-side. Though, not being able to set up trades on Switch is really weird. I guess they'll assume you just do that within Sword/Shield?

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This post just reminds me I need to be extra careful when my nephews come over to visit.

I wish we could put a password or pin lock on Pokemon Home to keep things protected.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate that Pokemon Home allows people to ask for Pokemon that are un-tradeable. I hate bank standing and using it to bloat Pokemon listings and show off their cool shiny or legendary that isnt really up for offer.

I hope Gamefreak makes meltan tradeable so all those people lose their precious gloat mons.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I definitely thought the yearly sub was a bit high but I must admit it's still pretty awesome to bring decades old Pokemon with me into SwSh. Good to see the GTS is the same as it always was too. I want a Scorbunny, they want a Zacian. Seems legit.

Jun 2, 2019
Then what happens when it is transferred to SWSH ? I have an Alolan Raichu in a similar case, it seems legit but I'm afraid to transfer it.
I guess the gain a new ability. I'm going to take a look to the Bulbasaur and Melmetal i transfered yesterday

EDIT: Yeah, they got their basic abilities, Overgrow for Bulbasaur and Iron Fist for Melmetal

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
This post just reminds me I need to be extra careful when my nephews come over to visit.

I wish we could put a password or pin lock on Pokemon Home to keep things protected.

Since this phone app and specially the Pokemon management basically look like straight out of Pokemon Go, I don't understand what you can't put a lock on the Pokemon like in Go.

Oct 27, 2017
If I have sounds and music off, why does the app insist on playing sound effects when trading pokémon?

This app needed a few more weeks in the oven, I think.

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't tried transferring Pokemon from Bank to Home, so I have a couple of questions:

1. What's going to happen to the items held by my Pokemon?
2. Can I transfer Pokemon to that knows moves that aren't currently available in SwSh? And if not, what can I do with them since I won't be able to transfer them back to Bank?

Oct 26, 2017
I was able to transfer over one of the quirkiest members of my collection.

hNTGsN2.png

This is a VC Mew that was caught using the trainer-fly glitch and made transferable and shiny using Arbitrary Code Execution.
Technically it was acquired purely through in-game means, but it obviously isn't a legitimately obtained Pokemon.
Still, as someone who always liked playing around with glitches in Pokemon games, this is still one of the favorite Pokemon in my collection.

I guess I should be glad Game Freak's hack checks aren't exactly the best.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had success getting a Zacian off the GTS? I've deposited three different legendaries asking for a Zacian with no luck. Everyone is requesting mythicals lol

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I haven't tried transferring Pokemon from Bank to Home, so I have a couple of questions:

1. What's going to happen to the items held by my Pokemon?
2. Can I transfer Pokemon to that knows moves that aren't currently available in SwSh? And if not, what can I do with them since I won't be able to transfer them back to Bank?

1. Pokémon in Bank can't hold items, so there's nothing to worry about there.
2. You can move them over, but Home will show a yellow ! on the status screen and if put into SwSh you just can't use that move. You'll have to visit a move relearner and put another one on.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was able to transfer over one of the quirkiest members of my collection.

hNTGsN2.png

This is a VC Mew that was caught using the trainer-fly glitch and made transferable and shiny using Arbitrary Code Execution.
Technically it was acquired purely through in-game means, but it obviously isn't a legitimately obtained Pokemon.
Still, as someone who always liked playing around with glitches in Pokemon games, this is still one of the favorite Pokemon in my collection.

I guess I should be glad Game Freak's hack checks aren't exactly the best.
I made a ton of Pokemon through the Gold & Silver box hack. (Which requires a ton of preparation to even preform).

So I have a ton of gen 2 clones, legendaries I made shiny, evolved Pokemon I hatched from magikarp eggs. Lol

It's really interesting since most of the Pokemon are essentially "real". But I made the game force them into becoming Shiny, then I cloned them.

Then I have some (Like Porygon 2) that I just forcefully created that were able to to into home as long I removed the move Splash or whatever crazy fake move they might have.

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
Is there any indication that Home will have any future updates to introduce new functionality? I really was hoping it would include some form of online battling so you had something to do with your non-transferable mon.

Oct 26, 2017
I made a ton of Pokemon through the Gold & Silver box hack. (Which requires a ton of preparation to even preform).

So I have a ton of gen 2 clones, legendaries I made shiny, evolved Pokemon I hatched from magikarp eggs. Lol

It's really interesting since most of the Pokemon are essentially "real". But I made the game force them into becoming Shiny, then I cloned them.

Then I have some (Like Porygon 2) that I just forcefully created that were able to to into home as long I removed the move Splash or whatever crazy fake move they might have.

There's still a bit of a difference for the Mew, because the only legit ones from VC are from a distribution which had fixed DVs, meaning they could never be shiny.
But Game Freak's hack checks obviously don't care.

Last edited:

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
Has anyone had success getting a Zacian off the GTS? I've deposited three different legendaries asking for a Zacian with no luck. Everyone is requesting mythicals lol
Someone earlier wrote that they had luck with a Cosmog. I uploaded a shiny Rayquaza, a Cosmog and a 6IV Ditto with no luck. Saw one troll asking for a level 31-40 Naganadel.

Last edited:

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I put up a Scorbunny and requested a Grookey, and that was about 14 hours ago now. Crazy that not a single person has traded.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I put up a Scorbunny and requested a Grookey, and that was about 14 hours ago now. Crazy that not a single person has traded.
The trade offers are bloated. You have a limited view of Pokemon you can see.

Gamefreak needs to get rid of impossible Pokemon offers. Or requests for Pokemon that are locked from being traded.

For paying an additional $16/year and getting the same shitty ass service that used to be free in the DS/3DS games. But I guess that extra money is so we can see nature's and abilities before trading.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I've been trying to get a Zamazenta by offering a Mewtwo, Ho-oh, and Yveltal, but nobody's biting. Every single Zamazenta I see on the GTS is looking for a Pokémon that Home simply will not allow (Meltan, Jirachi, Zeraora, etc.).

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Going by the rankings a lot of people are trading Scorbunny, so there's going to be a lot of competition for trades.

The trade offers are bloated. You have a limited view of Pokemon you can see.

Gamefreak needs to get rid of impossible Pokemon offers. Or requests for Pokemon that are locked from being traded.

For paying an additional $16/year and getting the same shitty ass service that used to be free in the DS/3DS games. But I guess that extra money is so we can see nature's and abilities before trading.
You can remove mythicals and legends from the search, so that doesn't effect visibility.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going by the rankings a lot of people are trading Scorbunny, so there's going to be a lot of competition for trades.

You can remove mythicals and legends from the search, so that doesn't effect visibility.
... But that's not the problem.

The problem is Pokemon that are untradable are blocking visibility of actual legendary and mythical Pokemon that are tradeable.

So if someone wants to trade a Zacian for a Zamazenta. They are forced to be buried under thousands of people asking for a Jirachi.

In the 3DS games you had an option only look for offers with Pokemon that you have. But again, if you have the mythical/legendary Pokemon that are blocked from trading, those results still come up.

This has been a thing since 2006. Why isn't this fixed yet?

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I don't have two accounts to test it, but Bank gives you the option to transfer via a code produced by Bank, so it's worth trying.
As a follow-up to this... you absolutely can transfer two different Pokemon banks into a single home. I was able to transfer boxes from my US 3ds bank account and my JP 3ds bank account into my singular US Pokemon home account.

When transferring a Pokemon bank to home, it just gives you a code to enter into Pokemon bank and the region of the account doesn't matter anymore.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
Well i'm glad i can have my shiny Decidueye on my team once again, because i can't for the life of me make a team of mon i like the look of AND are diverse/strong enough to be effective in Sword. Side note does Dragapult get better? i always tend to be a hex manic and have too many ghosts on my team and was looking forward to a Dragon Ghost and he's just okay

Whats this about wonder boxes?

Has anyone had issues with bank since the update? its taken a few attempts to get a stable connection to transfer from Moon, and Ruby failed so many times it locked me out of the server for a time (just says check back later)

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Has anyone figured out a way to trigger Dex entries that won't register despite having the Pokémon in Home? It's very frustrating. It's stopping me from having full completion.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Ok, so here's the thing: I have a Deoxys in Home, yet I only have the normal form. I'd like to register every form in the Dex, yet there's no way to do it at the moment unless I somehow get three more Deoxys in a previous game and transfer them all, right? Because I can't just transfer it to a game to change its forms, since it is not in SwSh. And I can't even GTS trade them because it's locked as it's a mythical.

This shit is bonkers.

Apr 25, 2018
I having a living dex and signed up to Bank on day one but there is so much about Home that puts me off.

The price is way higher than Bank seemingly to include features that used to be included in the games (GTS) and it forces the use of a mobile app I want no part in by leaving key features out of the Switch version.

I just wanted a reasonably priced, straightforward storage solution on Switch, not this monstrosity.

And even though I don't use GTS that much it really annoys me that they still allow people to request impossible trades making most of it utterly worthless to anyone wanting to do fair and reasonable trades. Actually that's exactly why I've never used GTS that much.