• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
I just received a "silcoon" that shows up as a Pikachu. It has bug typing and shed skin though...

Last edited:

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I have got a few questions regarding the app. I traded my Shelmet for a Karrablast via GTS but the Karrablast didn't evolve, what am I doing wrong? And is it normal that Wonder Trade is so slow? I deposited 3 Pokémon and hours later still nothing happened.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
I have got a few questions regarding the app. I traded my Shelmet for a Karrablast via GTS but the Karrablast didn't evolve, what am I doing wrong? And is it normal that Wonder Trade is so slow? I deposited 3 Pokémon and hours later still nothing happened.
The wonder trade takes ~6 hours.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trade evolutions don't work on the GTS, as far as I know. You'll have to trade with someone directly in Sword/Shield.

And yes, there's a fixed 6-hour delay on the wonder box.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
Unfortunately I just learned the hard way that GTS trades don't trigger evolutions. Evidently there's a discord out there for organizing direct trades for evolutions.

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered before but if my 3ds and switch are using different nintendo accounts is it impossible for me to transfer Pokémon?

VerySerious

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered before but if my 3ds and switch are using different nintendo accounts is it impossible for me to transfer Pokémon?

I don't think so, I think you can transfer from your 3DS to your Switch using the Moving Key:

support.pokemon.com

About connecting Pokémon HOME to different games

How to prepare To use certain functions of Pokémon HOME, you will need a Nintendo Account and a Nintendo Network ID. These two types of accounts are required to utilize various services offered by ...

I haven't seen anything that says both have to be on the same account so the Moving Key method might help.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I never did bother going for Melmetal when Let's Go launches because it seemed tedious. But seeing how close I am to a full Pokédex with Home, I guess I'll start.

This has to the be the biggest pain in the ass to get, right? The week delay between mystery boxes is so stupid considering it's 400 candies to evolve Meltan.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I never did bother going for Melmetal when Let's Go launches because it seemed tedious. But seeing how close I am to a full Pokédex with Home, I guess I'll start.

This has to the be the biggest pain in the ass to get, right? The week delay between mystery boxes is so stupid considering it's 400 candies to evolve Meltan.

It's actually only 3 days delay these days, which is still bad but a lot better.

I also feel like you get a lore more spawns in the 30 minutes now, last night I got 18 of them.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It's actually only 3 days delay these days, which is still bad but a lot better.

I also feel like you get a lore more spawns in the 30 minutes now, last night I got 18 of them.

Oh fuck me, I completely forgot about that.
Paused Go for a year and came back recently and thought the boxes are where you can just catch a few, forgot that you get a lot of bonbons here too, only had the pure walking in my mind to collect these.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
I don't think so, I think you can transfer from your 3DS to your Switch using the Moving Key:

support.pokemon.com

How to prepare To use certain functions of Pokémon HOME, you will need a Nintendo Account and a Nintendo Network ID. These two types of accounts are required to utilize various services offered by ...

I haven't seen anything that says both have to be on the same account so the Moving Key method might help.
Yeah. You use the first option, Switch/Home gives you a key you insert on the 3DS/Bank; then both apps close; wait a few secs and reopen the Home app.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, guess you need every mythical to get the Magearna. Missing all the Alola mythicals but otherwise have a complete living dex

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Oh fuck me, I completely forgot about that.
Paused Go for a year and came back recently and thought the boxes are where you can just catch a few, forgot that you get a lot of bonbons here too, only had the pure walking in my mind to collect these.

Don't forget to use Pinap Berries to get more candy per catch, and then send them all to Let's Go or release them for even more candy.

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, do you get more candies by sending them to let's go? What do you mean by that? I've just been sending the extras to the professor in Pokémon Go.
IIRC you get the same amount of candies whether you send them to the professor or to Let's Go but if you send them to Let's Go you still have the Meltan in addition to the extra candies.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know Wonder Trade was every 6 hours. That's good to know.

Also does Meltan count as gen 8 in Home? because if so I am just missing him and melmetal for my gen8 dex to be done in Home.

Deleted member 25140

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hoopa Unbound isn't a hold item so you can change form, Box it, Bank it, and put it in HOME
AyGrKnn.png
Wait how did you do that? Hoopa reverts back to its normal form when it's boxed?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Traded around 130 Pokemon from Go to Let's Go and now I have to catch them all including 30 Meltans to get them to Home.

This will be a grind, Jesus Christ.

Tomita

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Magearna gift only offered for a limited time? I have a living dex but I don't feel like trapping all my legendaries and mythicals in Home right now. :(

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Traded around 130 Pokemon from Go to Let's Go and now I have to catch them all including 30 Meltans to get them to Home.

Meltan is a huge pain in the ass to catch in Let's GO, I don't think I have enough money left in my game to buy enough Ultra Balls to catch all of mine lol.

I didn't think of that before transferring my whole squad out.

Deleted member 14313

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah and those Meltan have bloody low catch rates too. I have hundreds in Let's Go waiting to be caught but only a half dozen in Home because Meltan are so annoying to catch.

Shwing

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any spare Meltan and Melmetal they'd be willing to trade? I have some shiny Gen 1 and Gen 2 I can trade.

Inspirit

May 29, 2018
Hi guys. I have all of my complete living Dex in Home (890 Pokemons), did the moving boxes thing, and yet still no Magearna in the mystery gift box.

Is there anything that I'm missing ?

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
No, it's totally fine. I've been able to do that with my US and Japanese Nintendo accounts. When you transfer from Bank to Home, the Switch gives you a code to enter in the 3DS, and that's all you need to do to transfer.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
Did they fix the Magearna duping bug?

I tried shifting my boxes around last night, but didn't get any additional Magearnas.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Oct 26, 2017
No, it's totally fine. I've been able to do that with my US and Japanese Nintendo accounts. When you transfer from Bank to Home, the Switch gives you a code to enter in the 3DS, and that's all you need to do to transfer.

support.pokemon.com

Yeah. You use the first option, Switch/Home gives you a key you insert on the 3DS/Bank; then both apps close; wait a few secs and reopen the Home app.
Thanks! That's a relief

riq

Feb 21, 2019
Wait, Magearna requiresa living dex instead of just completing it?
Dang, I hope I still have some event mons on Moon to trade for Magearna and Volcanion, and I'm gonna have to borrow someone else's Ultra version to trade for Zeraora and Marshadow.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Wait, Magearna requiresa living dex instead of just completing it?
Dang, I hope I still have some event mons on Moon to trade for Magearna and Volcanion, and I'm gonna have to borrow someone else's Ultra version to trade for Zeraora and Marshadow.
Ughh I had a Zacian which was the only Pokemon I didn't have for a full living dex then I traded it 2 days ago for a shiny Koffing which I only really wanted so I could finish the stupid dex challenge thing in the Switch app, now I can't get any more Zacians because everyone wants Zamazenta! Might have to get creative with what I trade on the GTS lol.

riq

Feb 21, 2019
Ughh I had a Zacian which was the only Pokemon I didn't have for a full living dex then I traded it 2 days ago for a shiny Koffing which I only really wanted so I could finish the stupid dex challenge thing in the Switch app, now I can't get any more Zacians because everyone wants Zamazenta! Might have to get creative with what I trade on the GTS lol.
Tell me about it. I managed to snag a Zamazenta for a shiny Hippowdon I never cared about, but it had 6 IVs, which considering the lenghty cutscene involved in catching one led me to believe it was hacked, so I traded it for a Zacian.

Unfortunately, since more people bought Sword, I don't think I'll be lucky enough to get another Zama so easily.

That being said, this just happened:

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
Tell me about it. I managed to snag a Zamazenta for a shiny Hippowdon I never cared about, but it had 6 IVs, which considering the lenghty cutscene involved in catching one led me to believe it was hacked, so I traded it for a Zacian.

Unfortunately, since more people bought Sword, I don't think I'll be lucky enough to get another Zama so easily.

That being said, this just happened:
I got a legit Lunala for a staravia. Don't know what's going on here if it's people trying to complete the national dex or they just don't care. Weird day yesterday in terms of trades