• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they patched out the Magearna fix, i've got the entire living dex, tried moving left and right and nada.

mathematics

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure these 5 perfect IV pokemon I have got from GTS Wonder Box are "failed" bred mons. But I'll take em! Off region Alolan Vulpix and Charmander, I will continue what the person before me started!

Last edited:

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
Not sure what the hell is going on with my Rockruff dex entry in HOME. It says I have 1/2 forms but I have a regular and Own Tempo Rockruff deposited in HOME. What is the other form??

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
??? My reward Pichu and Rotom are just... gone. Gifts still say they are already claimed, and I had them in a specific box next to the starting Pikachu and Kanto starter. They just disappeared.

Edit: They still appear under "all Pokémon" on the iOS app. But they aren't in any actual boxes. What in the world?
Edit 2: They appeared normally on the Switch version of the app. I moved them around, and now they reappeared on my phone. Weird, but at least it's fixed.

Last edited:

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Weird - I got the achievement or whatever for depositing a Groudon from "good ol' Hoenn," but the only two I have are from Omega Ruby and SoulSilver. Is that normal? I figured I'd need one from a real copy of Ruby or Emerald.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Weird - I got the achievement or whatever for depositing a Groudon from "good ol' Hoenn," but the only two I have are from Omega Ruby and SoulSilver. Is that normal? I figured I'd need one from a real copy of Ruby or Emerald.
Prior to Gen VI, there wasn't any metadata on a Pokemon that described what game or generation it came from. The location was written in the text, but I don't think they game actually reads it. So, because your Groudon came from SoulSilver, and doesn't have game/gen metadata, I think it's just assuming it was Hoenn.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Is there a way to get Mega Evolutions to show up in the actual Pokémon boxes, or do they only show up in the Dex?

They're only in-battle forms, so there's no legal way to have them in the boxes.

I know there are some videos on youtube where they hacked the games to be able to have the Megas outside of battle, but I ignore if they can make it to Bank / Home. I doubt so. Yet again, I've managed to transfer AZ Floette, which isn't legal either, but that's different since it's an actual permanent form. Same with illegal shinies.

Harlowlad

Oct 27, 2017
Can I share a problem that i encountered with Home but found out why ... I moved over my complete livingdex from Bank to Home but when I searched for unregistered Pokemon in the pokedex within the mobile app, it showed the new Pokemon from Sh/Sw but also showed Florges 671 as unregisterd despite having two in boxes within Home. Finally worked out why today...I had a yellow and white form captured..but not good enough. The Pokedex was looking for red form only ! Caught Flotte in Ultra Moon and thankfully had a shiny stone ready for use. When I moved it over from Bank to Home, bang ... now registered. You can see all five forms for Florges if you filter Florges & All Forms, but base form is red flower. Sharing onwards just incase this happens with other forms In the Dex/how mobile works.

Last edited:

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
The 992 error is also gone now, bad Pokemon that were blocking you before are now an egg.

ERM3HDnU4AEJKee

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what the hell is going on with my Rockruff dex entry in HOME. It says I have 1/2 forms but I have a regular and Own Tempo Rockruff deposited in HOME. What is the other form??
A few versions of the app back, there used to be 2 forms for Rockruff, the regular puppy and the Own Tempo one. They fixed this in a patch but I guess they forgot to remove the "1/2" on the dex entry of the regular puppy :P

There is no other form as you have everything, it's just a bug on their end.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I got a legit Lunala for a staravia. Don't know what's going on here if it's people trying to complete the national dex or they just don't care. Weird day yesterday in terms of trades
I remember getting a Zacian for a bellsprout. Too bad they didn't included rusted sword
That's a dick move. I'm just trying to get a Zeraora for my Melmetal but the guy that said he would in the trade thread stopped writing back. I got a cosmog for a donphan also that was real. People are weird lol

Did you asked for these or did you found people asking for the normal Pokemons?

Cause here I am sitting with my 3 shiny Squirtle, asking for Lugia, Zacian and Solgaleo and nobody gives a shit. :D

Textured Monk

Oct 27, 2017
Can I share a problem that i encountered with Home but found out why ... I moved over my complete livingdex from Bank to Home but when I searched for unregistered Pokemon in the pokedex within the mobile app, it showed the new Pokemon from Sh/Sw but also showed Florges 671 as unregisterd despite having two in boxes within Home. Finally worked out why today...I had a yellow and white form captured..but not good enough. The Pokedex was looking for red form only ! Caught Flotte in Ultra Moon and thankfully had a shiny stone ready for use. When I moved it over from Bank to Home, bang ... now registered. You can see all five forms for Florges if you filter Florges & All Forms, but primary form is red flower. Sharing on just incase this happens with other forms In the Dex/how mobile works.

Looks like it's not the only one. I have no idea what Vivillon form is the "base" one but it's not one of the five I have.

Finally got a Zacian for a shiny Typhlosion. I'm reluctant to put shinies up, but Zama/Zacian are scarce enough. Zamazenta is the only non-mythic I have left to collect, minus some extra alt forms. The Burmy/Vivillon/Sawsbuck roundabout continues.

Inspirit

May 29, 2018
I really hope they'll adress the Magearna issue.
I bought home and transfered all of my Living dex just for this, and yet still nothing....

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished evolving all 63 of the Milcery that I caught when it was available in Raids. Feels good to have all 63 Alcremie forms - and they can all GMax too!

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone ever had any luck organizing trades with people online using GTS? I tried this a week and we couldn't find each other's listings.

Apr 25, 2018
I grumbled about this but ended up getting it anyway as I knew I would, I love Pokemon too much.

I have one Alcremie of each flavour, and one with each type of sweet, and that's it, but all 64 forms are registered in my Dex thankfully.

In the app there is also an icon for Quagsire that lets me flip it and see it from the back. It's the only Pokemon I've seen this for. Has anyone else seen this? Not sure why only Quagsire has it.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I grumbled about this but ended up getting it anyway as I knew I would, I love Pokemon too much.

I have one Alcremie of each flavour, and one with each type of sweet, and that's it, but all 64 forms are registered in my Dex thankfully.

In the app there is also an icon for Quagsire that lets me flip it and see it from the back. It's the only Pokemon I've seen this for. Has anyone else seen this? Not sure why only Quagsire has it.
Quagsire isn't the only one. It's for gender diffferences that can only be seen from behind so Torchic, Bidoof, Quagsire, Buizel, Floatzel have it. Sinistea and Poltegeist also use it to see their form difference

Textured Monk

Oct 27, 2017

The Sinistea line has this too, to look at the bottom. Apparently there's a rare form with an authenticity stamp there.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Are the private group trades finally working? Has someone tested them lately?

Cause I just had a fantastic idea.
What if we, regularly, doing community group trades each day, or every few days, with a specific topic like, Monday is Legends day where everyone has to join with a Legendary to randomly get an other Legendary, or a day with the topic starter Pokemon, or a day with just Shinies, or a day with just IV 6 Pokemon. The ideas are endless.
Could be pretty fun. (And I like the random, surprise loot box grab bag factor of it 😙)
And I would love to make this a bigger thing.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I am currently shiny resetting Celebi in Crystal VC. I want to clone him to have an equal trade for other mythics. Does this make sense or isn´t a shiny Celebi worth as much as for example a Volcanion or Zeraora?

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Also wondering about how some challenges are worded: In examples where it says "Register Giratina from the Sinnoh region!" does it mean a Giratina sourced from D/P/Pt specifically or can it be from any game/event?

I know the "Good Ol'" ones refer to the original games but is this case for the others as well?

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Also wondering about how some challenges are worded: In examples where it says "Register Giratina from the Sinnoh region!" does it mean a Giratina sourced from D/P/Pt specifically or can it be from any game/event?

I know the "Good Ol'" ones refer to the original games but is this case for the others as well?
Good ol' is just for Virtual Console or, for Hoenn, GBA games.

Sinnoh it needs to have originated from Diamond, Pearl or Platinum

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
For Magearna, yes. For challenges, I don't think so
That's good then.

Needing the full living dex at once for Magearns is going to kill me. 💀

I keep a certain assortment but don't keep a living dex between games. I'm already quite close to having every Pokémon registered but actually having them in Home will be a whole other undertaking.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
Did you asked for these or did you found people asking for the normal Pokemons?

Cause here I am sitting with my 3 shiny Squirtle, asking for Lugia, Zacian and Solgaleo and nobody gives a shit. :D
They were looking for some normal/rare but nothing crazy. May be able to help you with solgaleo shortly

Inspirit

May 29, 2018
Serebii Do you know what's the issue with Magearna ever since the new update/patch ?

A lot of people with a full living dex are not getting it, even when doing the 'moving boxes' thing.

Have they changed some criteria ever since ?

Thanks for your help.