• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
So I get why the game needs camera and location access but why the heck does the app request microphone access? o.o

Also my Pokémon from yesterday still aren't wonder traded and I still didn't get a Pichu despite setting a sticker :/

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Battle Bond Greninja
Own Tempo Rockruff (evolves into Dusk Form)

Both of those don't seem to register. I have them both in HOME

Original Color Magearna

801-o.png

This form was seen in the movie Volcanion & The Mechanical Marvel and is the original colour Magearna was before time passed. It was coded into SMUSUM and never used. We're awaiting its release but the fact it's listed while Eternal Flower Floette isn't indicates we may get it soon. It's currently unavailable.

Briefly, there was a gift of a Magearna for finishing the dex, but that seemed to have been removed. They could be wanting to put this one in.

Thank you for the answers! Yeah, I actually had a Battle Bond Greninja on HOME (I had just looked at the 3d model and thought he was a regular one), so I went back to X to grab my own Greninja to have both him and the Battle Bond one on HOME... and that entry is still missing 😅 Oh well, at least it's nice to have my Kalos starter there.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Had to jump into Pokemon X so I could get a Delcatty and a Skiploom because they weren't in my Dex.

2013 TO 2020 BABY

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I was able to transfer over one of the quirkiest members of my collection.

hNTGsN2.png

This is a VC Mew that was caught using the trainer-fly glitch and made transferable and shiny using Arbitrary Code Execution.
Technically it was acquired purely through in-game means, but it obviously isn't a legitimately obtained Pokemon.
Still, as someone who always liked playing around with glitches in Pokemon games, this is still one of the favorite Pokemon in my collection.

I guess I should be glad Game Freak's hack checks aren't exactly the best.

I have a Zapdos that is similarly special to me.

In Gen 7, I really wanted a Zapdos, but I didn't have access to any event Zapdos and didn't want to play through the entirety of X/Y to catch one. RBY came out on the 3DS virtual console and I figured the fastest and easiest way to get a Zapdos would be to play Pokémon Red and import it up from there. This was before Ultra Moon and the wormholes, of course.

So I downloaded Pokémon Red and started playing it and started to wonder what tricks or tactics I could use to get Zapdos as quickly as possible. I knew about ACE and had seen glitch exhibitions where people could warp anywhere instantly, including inside the Power Plant from Zapdos' exit door, but I wasn't really competent enough at all these tricks to execute them myself. So I decided I would just improvise a path as best as I could.

My path to Zapdos was...

1. Catch a male Nidoran in Viridian City to replace my starter.

2. Arrive in Pewter City and execute Brock Through Walls to skip to Mt. Moon. (IIRC I couldn't walk all the way to Cerulean City with Brock Through Walls but I wanted a Moon Stone anyway.)

3. Arrive in Cerulean City and catch an Abra northwest of the Nugget Bridge, being careful to avoid the trainer there.

4. Use Abra's Teleport to initiate the Trainer Escape glitch from the man in the grass patch. Encounter Missingno to duplicate my Nugget from Nugget Bridge to x128. Then I disposed of one and repeated the process to bring the count up to x255. Repeat the process two more times to bring another item up to x255.

5. Set up the Dry Underflow glitch with the the two stacks of x255, turning the Item Bag in to a RAM reader. If I was smarter, which I'm not, I could have used the RAM in the Item Bag to warp right to Zapdos. Instead I resolved simply to find HM01 Cut so I could get immediate access to the Power Plant.

6. To my good fortune, I was able to find Cut represented in the RAM underflow and deposited one in to the PC, giving me immediate access to Cut.

7. I used Rare Candies from the Item Underflow to beef up my Nidorino, evolved him with my Moon Stone, and beat Misty in two hits.

8. Now I could use Cut and I thought I could go straight to the Power Plant until I remembered the dreaded truth: The Power Plant requires Surf to access. I stood there on the shore and realized that without obtaining Surf somehow I was going to have to play through more than half of the game, which would be difficult with Item Underflow active. I'd also already done some damage to my save, inadvertently changing my Trainer ID and making my over-leveled Nidoking disobedient to me as a result. If I couldn't find a way to the Power Plant without leaving Cerulean City, I would give up on the whole endeavor and just play normally.

9. The first thing I tried to do was find HM03 Surf represented in the Item Underflow. There were other HMs in there but no Surf, but the items represented in the Underflow did shuffle around based on where I was in the map. So I walked down to Vermillion and went in to various buildings and spoke to various NPCs to try to get HM03 Surf to appear. But I had no luck.

10. Only one alternative occurred to me, and that was the "Surfboard" from the Red & Green Beta files. This item was mostly just a popular bit of trivia for Gen I Pokémon. It is an item named ????? that allows you to Surf. It was either used for testing (as it allows you to freely surf without the HM, a badge, or a Pokémon) or was a key item dummied out when field moves were introduced. I thought that if I couldn't find HM03, maybe I could find ?????.

11. I hadn't seen ????? anywhere in the Item Bag when I was messing around before, so I decided I would go back to Cerulean and start over in locations with more water. I don't know if there's any logic to this, but I thought that maybe the Surfboard would load when I was around water or around surfable bodies of water. I tried around the Power Plant and had no luck. The only other place I knew one could Surf this early was in Misty's own gym, so I popped in there and checked the RAM and... voila. There was ?????.

12. I ran back to the Power Plant, used the Surfboard to get to the Power Plant, caught Zapdos in a Master Ball from the Item Underflow, then transported it up to my copy of Moon.

That's one of my favorite gaming experiences in my life.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Had my 3 Pokemon in the Wonder Box and my GTS trade complete during the night. Seems like in general, for now at least, it's going to take ages but hopefully in time they'll speed up a bit! At least the Wonder Box ones.. that taking so long seems kind of nonsensical.

Despite playing every title from Red on, I've never once moved a Pokemon from a previous game to the next.. I always just start over and enjoy the games on their own individual merits. I'm thinking I might give it a shot though. I guess I don't fully know how the Bank stuff works currently to even access the old ones, so I'd have to give it a little research.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

In Gen 7, I really wanted a Zapdos, but I didn't have access to any event Zapdos and didn't want to play through the entirety of X/Y to catch one. RBY came out on the 3DS virtual console and I figured the fastest and easiest way to get a Zapdos would be to play Pokémon Red and import it up from there. This was before Ultra Moon and the wormholes, of course.

So I downloaded Pokémon Red and started playing it and started to wonder what tricks or tactics I could use to get Zapdos as quickly as possible. I knew about ACE and had seen glitch exhibitions where people could warp anywhere instantly, including inside the Power Plant from Zapdos' exit door, but I wasn't really competent enough at all these tricks to execute them myself. So I decided I would just improvise a path as best as I could.

My path to Zapdos was...

2. Arrive in Pewter City and execute Brock Through Walls to skip to Mt. Moon. (IIRC I couldn't walk all the way to Cerulean City with Brock Through Walls but I wanted a Moon Stone anyway.)

3. Arrive in Cerulean City and catch an Abra northwest of the Nugget Bridge, being careful to avoid the trainer there.

4. Use Abra's Teleport to initiate the Trainer Escape glitch from the man in the grass patch. Encounter Missingno to duplicate my Nugget from Nugget Bridge to x128. Then I disposed of one and repeated the process to bring the count up to x255. Repeat the process two more times to bring another item up to x255.

5. Set up the Dry Underflow glitch with the the two stacks of x255, turning the Item Bag in to a RAM reader. If I was smarter, which I'm not, I could have used the RAM in the Item Bag to warp right to Zapdos. Instead I resolved simply to find HM01 Cut so I could get immediate access to the Power Plant.

6. To my good fortune, I was able to find Cut represented in the RAM underflow and deposited one in to the PC, giving me immediate access to Cut.

7. I used Rare Candies from the Item Underflow to beef up my Nidorino, evolved him with my Moon Stone, and beat Misty in two hits.

8. Now I could use Cut and I thought I could go straight to the Power Plant until I remembered the dreaded truth: The Power Plant requires Surf to access. I stood there on the shore and realized that without obtaining Surf somehow I was going to have to play through more than half of the game, which would be difficult with Item Underflow active. I'd also already done some damage to my save, inadvertently changing my Trainer ID and making my over-leveled Nidoking disobedient to me as a result. If I couldn't find a way to the Power Plant without leaving Cerulean City, I would give up on the whole endeavor and just play normally.

9. The first thing I tried to do was find HM03 Surf represented in the Item Underflow. There were other HMs in there but no Surf, but the items represented in the Underflow did shuffle around based on where I was in the map. So I walked down to Vermillion and went in to various buildings and spoke to various NPCs to try to get HM03 Surf to appear. But I had no luck.

10. Only one alternative occurred to me, and that was the "Surfboard" from the Red & Green Beta files. This item was mostly just a popular bit of trivia for Gen I Pokémon. It is an item named ????? that allows you to Surf. It was either used for testing (as it allows you to freely surf without the HM, a badge, or a Pokémon) or was a key item dummied out when field moves were introduced. I thought that if I couldn't find HM03, maybe I could find ?????.

11. I hadn't seen ????? anywhere in the Item Bag when I was messing around before, so I decided I would go back to Cerulean and start over in locations with more water. I don't know if there's any logic to this, but I thought that maybe the Surfboard would load when I was around water or around surfable bodies of water. I tried around the Power Plant and had no luck. The only other place I knew one could Surf this early was in Misty's own gym, so I popped in there and checked the RAM and... voila. There was ?????.

12. I ran back to the Power Plant, used the Surfboard to get to the Power Plant, caught Zapdos in a Master Ball from the Item Underflow, then transported it up to my copy of Moon.

My god that's an amazing story! Imagine having all that knowledge back on the schoolyard when the games came out, you would be the king or queen of all of Pokémon at that time.

Oct 26, 2017

My path to Zapdos was...

This is a great story.

Me getting the Mew was also a bit of an adventure.
It all started with me messing up getting the glitch item required for the ACE and erasing my save file...
A bit of a setback.
So I decided to restart the game and to have some fun with it.

I played up to Viridian forest and decided I wanted a main right there and then, so I did trainer-escape on the lvl 9 Weedle guy by getting a wild encounter right in front of him. It took ages to actually get an encounter on the tile but eventually it happened.
I acquired a level 0 Nidoking using the glitch which I promptly exp overflowed to level 100.

Next step was skipping most of the game.
I set up Brock Through Walls and walked all the way to Fuschia city.
Once there I collected both Strength and Surf.
Now in posession of a level 100 Strength/Surf Nidoking I proceeded to collect the necessary things to set up all the glitches I needed to perform with utmost efficiency.
That time I did not mess up the ACE set-up and got my Mew ready for transfer.

EDIT: One of these days I should look into getting an actual gen 1 VC glitch mon transferred by first passing it through gen 2 VC. It's not that it will be particularly notable once transferred, it would be more of a "because I can" sort of thing.

Last edited:

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After 2 days of having a Reshiram, a Lunala and a Solgaleo asking for a Zamazenta, someone finally made the trade, and now I'm only missing Meltan and his dad to complete my living dex.

Deleted member 60992

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2019
So we can only have the app on one smart device at a time?

I have it on the Switch and my personal Smart Phone then tried to put it on my personal iPAd and my daughters phone and there are problems.

it Switch the data from my smart phone to the iPad which is cool and then Switch the data from the iPad to my daughters phone which is also cool but when I went to check my trades on my personal phone it said my data went to another device and it wouldn't switch the data back to my smart phone. I had to delete and reinstall the app to my phone to get back on my account.

I get only 1 smart device being able to be logged on at a time. I don't have a problem with that even though I don't like it but I can't access my 16$ a year account without locking out my other devices? Or is this a launch bug that will be fixed?

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
My god that's an amazing story! Imagine having all that knowledge back on the schoolyard when the games came out, you would be the king or queen of all of Pokémon at that time.
This is a great story.

Me getting the Mew was also a bit of an adventure.

[snip]

I love this kind of thing. I have played Pokémon RBY so many times in so many different ways that playing it straight just isn't fun anymore. But the game is so easy to manipulate and twist in to something unique. Messing with the code and creating challenges either on purpose or accidentally is great because it's given me new ways to play and understand a game I love so much but would otherwise be bored of playing. Truly a gift.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I love this kind of thing. I have played Pokémon RBY so many times in so many different ways that playing it straight just isn't fun anymore. But the game is so easy to manipulate and twist in to something unique. Messing with the code and creating challenges either on purpose or accidentally is great because it's given me new ways to play and understand a game I love so much but would otherwise be bored of playing. Truly a gift.

That I can imagine! :) I had a similar but way less complex and fairly standard. A friend of mine one day found his old GameBoy again and randomly started a re-play of Blue on it. I told him of the Mew Glitch and pulled it off for him while having the most stupid grin on my face from doing it the first time on actual hardware and it working :D

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Still nothing on Dex entries not appearing then? I'm frustrated that I can't find much about Home by Googling it. A lot of its functions, features, and problems are not well documented yet.

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
That I can imagine! :) I had a similar but way less complex and fairly standard. A friend of mine one day found is hold GameBoy again and randomly started a re-play of Blue on it. I told him of the Mew Glitch and pulled it off for him while having the most stupid grin on my face from doing it the first time on actual hardware and it working :D
That's really sweet. :)

I think there's a special magic to doing something in a video game that you're not supposed to do. It's like the game is telling you a secret.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
So like if I bought a 1 month subscription I could transfer my hundreds of Pokémon over to home but once the subscription expires will I still have access to the Pokémon I deposited?

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
I wish the Furfrou forms had finally made it :(

That's what'll be interesting about GO compatibility. There are forms in GO that have never been compatible with Bank (or even PC boxes in some cases) like Castform weather forms or Origin Giratina.

So I wonder how they'll handle those forms that have traditionally been locked out for requiring an item...?

On that note, Hoopa in Unbound form is Bank / Home compatible which was a bit of a surprise!

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
Finally found a Zamazenta that doesn't want a mythic in return and it turns out you can't trade Phione either.😓

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
So like if I bought a 1 month subscription I could transfer my hundreds of Pokémon over to home but once the subscription expires will I still have access to the Pokémon I deposited?
I don't think so. You won't be able to access them, but they won't be gone, at least. Should be fine if you subscribe again.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tried it out. Using it free is certainly going to be a struggle. I used to be good at using GTS back when it was in-game, uncomplicated, and you could snatch up the reasonable trades as long as you were quick enough. Now...

*see good trade on GTS*

*go to Switch, find pokemon requested*

*transfer pokemon from game to Home Switch app*

*transfer pokemon from Home Switch app to Home mobile app*

*go back to GTS*

ERROR. Can't be logged in on both~

*log back in*

*find trade again*

Trade failed because you're slow af~

;_;

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
I wish the Furfrou forms had finally made it :(

That's what'll be interesting about GO compatibility. There are forms in GO that have never been compatible with Bank (or even PC boxes in some cases) like Castform weather forms or Origin Giratina.

So I wonder how they'll handle those forms that have traditionally been locked out for requiring an item...?

On that note, Hoopa in Unbound form is Bank / Home compatible which was a bit of a surprise!
I'm thinking Castform will probably just revert back to ita original form when transferred from GO, but I'm definitely curious about Giratina and the others. GO also has a lot of stuff like the straw hat Pikachu and sunglasses Squirtle that will be interesting to see. My hope is that these can make it to mainline eventually.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Tried it out. Using it free is certainly going to be a struggle. I used to be good at using GTS back when it was in-game, uncomplicated, and you could snatch up the reasonable trades as long as you were quick enough. Now...

*see good trade on GTS*

*go to Switch, find pokemon requested*

*transfer pokemon from game to Home Switch app*

*transfer pokemon from Home Switch app to Home mobile app*

*go back to GTS*

ERROR. Can't be logged in on both~

*log back in*

*find trade again*

Trade failed because you're slow af~

;_;

Yeah,this is certainly going to be one of the more annoying things moving forward

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
Have any of those special hatted Pikachu ever come back or will I have to trade to get them? I have a few but I haven't been keeping up with Pokémon Go super closely

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Ugh, imported my Event Pokemon collection and it dropped them into the empty spaces in my box...and messed EVERYTHING up. So i spent like an hour trying to figure out what event/game these things were from and trying to reorganize them. Its crazy to think of how many I had since they took up like 20 boxes.

I used to collect them hardcore and traded with people all the time, but it got too hard to sync up with people so I stuck to just getting US ones as much as possible. I should start trying to catalog which ones i have because its so easy to take pics of them now either on my phone or in Home.

Has anyone figured out how to add "labels" to boxes yet? I made a label, but I don't see where I can assign it to a box or to Pokemon. For instance last night I was trying to Wonder Trade away some Vulpix and then on the phone it just lumps them all together so I have to make sure I don't trade away some old Event Vulpix or the one thats in my living dex.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone know why yet that certain mythical/event ones cannot be traded at all? Wasn't exactly looking to, but I have a few I could trade around for ones I need.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
There's Normal form, Battle Bond form and Ash form.

Which is weird because aren't the first two just the same, albeit one of them can become the Ash one.
It's just Battle Bond Greninja and Own Tempo Rockruff are just not activating the dex
Anyone know why yet that certain mythical/event ones cannot be traded at all? Wasn't exactly looking to, but I have a few I could trade around for ones I need.
Mythicals have always been locked from this really.

Event ones often have Ribbons that prevent it too. Has been the case since Gen 4

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
I sure hope they fix room trades soon, shit is completely non functional. Friend trades also doesn't work, so trading anything that's not transferable to the games has been impossible to me.