• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you can see that all 10 styles/forms are registered within your 3DS games Pokédex then make sure to update the Pokédex within Bank.
When transferring to Home your Bank Pokédex information gets transferred too so the forms information will go right along :)
oaEb5zl.jpg

Ah, that was it! Thank you for the tip, now I wonder if I had to update my Bank pokédex while the Battle Bond Greninja and the Own Tempo Rockruff were there...

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Cool, I didn't know if UBs were part of that mythical/legendary ban (or if that applied for friend trades). I am pretty sure I have a spare Pheremosa or Celesteela, just have to navigate some cartridges
Nah, it apparently lets you trade UBs thankfully, at least on the GTS. I haven't tried doing a trade through Home with someone specific yet, but I'd imagine it should work that way too.

Oct 25, 2017
So because I am nothing if not opportunistic...

Here's my 3DS friend code - 2492-4140-7879.

I've been playing the long game and could do with some more Friend Safaris in the Gen 6 games.

Not interested in Battle Plaza.

If you need to plug holes in Home this could be a good way to do that.

SlyCoug88

Jan 10, 2018
Such a bummer you can't do mythicals on GTS. I missed out on Zeraora back in the day, and it's such a pain tracking down a legit one.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Such a bummer you can't do mythicals on GTS. I missed out on Zeraora back in the day, and it's such a pain tracking down a legit one.
Agreed. I missed out as well - had a code, but didn't have a 3DS during its availability period - and it's been a pain trying to get one on Home. I hope they give another one out soon, it was the one mythical from gen 7 I actually really wanted.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
My Shiny Charizard shows as Shiny in the Switch app but as regular on the phone app. Weird. Anyone else encounter this?

My Shiny Chansey is fine.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, quick question. My godson totally wants a Zacian and I want to keep mine (he got Shield).
Is it possible for me to dump all high level mons into Home and then create a new profile on my Switch. Start a new game, then go into Home on that profile, transfer in the overpowered pokemon, blast through the story and get another Zacian? And put that in the box to trade to him?

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all, quick question. My godson totally wants a Zacian and I want to keep mine (he got Shield).
Is it possible for me to dump all high level mons into Home and then create a new profile on my Switch. Start a new game, then go into Home on that profile, transfer in the overpowered pokemon, blast through the story and get another Zacian? And put that in the box to trade to him?

Theoretically, you should be able to mechanically do all that. I haven't played the Galar games yet, but if they work like older Pokemon games, you need to collect gym badges (or their regional equivalents) to use overleveled, traded Pokemon. If you don't have the appropriate badge with respect to the level of the Pokemon you're trying to use, they'll usually ignore your commands and waste a turn doing nothing. I believe this restriction only applies to traded Pokemon (which would be your case). Pokemon your trainer has caught should follow your commands no matter what.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like my omega Ruby cartridge is broken.
At least I can't still transfer my Pokemon in my boxes but not my team ...

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Theoretically, you should be able to mechanically do all that. I haven't played the Galar games yet, but if they work like older Pokemon games, you need to collect gym badges (or their regional equivalents) to use overleveled, traded Pokemon. If you don't have the appropriate badge with respect to the level of the Pokemon you're trying to use, they'll usually ignore your commands and waste a turn doing nothing. I believe this restriction only applies to traded Pokemon (which would be your case). Pokemon your trainer has caught should follow your commands no matter what.

Ah yes thanks, it does do the level restrictions based on the badges youve earned. I know you couldn't catch certain levels too without advancing badges. Ok seems like its "doable" but more work as Ill transfer in pokemon at the highest level for each badge state lol.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if there's confirmation on pokemon being/not being deleted after the premium plan expires?

I don't know if we know how long Game Freak will retain a lapsed account's boxes and Pokemon intact, but if it means anything, someone in the early pages of this thread posted that they were able to transfer over all of the Pokemon from Bank into Home even though their Bank account had lapsed some four years ago. Others followed up mentioning similar successes with Bank accounts that had lapsed one or two years ago.
So if that's any indication, I don't think we really have any cause to worry.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if we know how long Game Freak will retain a lapsed account's boxes and Pokemon intact, but if it means anything, someone in the early pages of this thread posted that they were able to transfer over all of the Pokemon from Bank into Home even though their Bank account had lapsed some four years ago. Others followed up mentioning similar successes with Bank accounts that had lapsed one or two years ago.
So if that's any indication, I don't think we really have any cause to worry.
On the other side of that though, I remember at least one person saying their Pokémon were deleted after just a couple of weeks.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
You can do that yeah. I will likely end up doing a couple more playthroughs at some point myself for the living Pokedex.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Serebii Got more challenges that aren't on your page,

"Deposit 10 Pokémon with a Lonely Nature!"
"Deposit Pokémon in a Friend Ball!" (5/15/30 tiers)
"Deposit Pokémon in a Lure Ball!" (5/15/30 tiers)
"Deposit Pokémon in a Moon Ball!" (5/15/30 tiers)

JDdelphin

Oct 25, 2017
Me: "OK! The demand for meltan and melmetal is high! Time to GTS trade all these extras of mine!"

PoHo: "This pokemon is special and cannot be traded in this manner."

Me: "THEN WHY ARE YOU LETTING EVERYONE ASK FOR THEM OVER GTS IF YOU CAN'T GIVE THEM."

PoHo: "Have a sticker."

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So has this app made it clear which common Pokemon are the most rare? I remember someone on Reddit made a chart once that showed something like Nidoran was really hard to get in the Sun/Moon games.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Don't know if the GTS is just flooded with stuff but nobody wants anything I offer and I do normal stuff like my Litten for an Dratini or so.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Some of the pokemon don't seem to be showing up as collected in the pokedex. Transferred over a few Mewtwos including one from fire red but no dice.
Or have I missed something

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
Is anybody with the Bank -> Home pokedex data import also having trouble seeing their dex on the phone app? Home on Switch says I have over 600 Pokémon caught and registered but the app still only says I have whatever I have actually transferred + a couple random ones I definitely haven't like the UBs and USUM mythicals

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Is anybody with the Bank -> Home pokedex data import also having trouble seeing their dex on the phone app? Home on Switch says I have over 600 Pokémon caught and registered but the app still only says I have whatever I have actually transferred + a couple random ones I definitely haven't like the UBs and USUM mythicals

The phone only shows you a number in the profile statistics right? Cause I can't find any Pokedex number in the Pokedex.
And the statistic in the profile seem to count all the forms too so it's wrong anyway.

Textured Monk

Oct 27, 2017
Finally caught up on this whole thing. Subbed to Home for a month so I could get everything off the 3DS using the free bank month. Good thing too, my Moon save was corrupted and my New3DS wouldn't recognise the AS cart. I got my livingdex across which is the main thing, and a decent amount of Hidden abilities from the VC yellow. Lost a few mons I could have traded, but plenty made it across.

Splitting across two apps is dumb and poor design. The mobile app is kind of cool but they should have the same features. I can't trade on the Switch, where I can easily sort and organise Pokemon and whole boxes. I can't do any kind of organising on mobile, which is pain trying to trade because you can't even see boxes or labels, it just shows the raw Pokemon. I could use markings to indicate what I can/can't trade, but that will take a very long time because you can only do markings individually, there's no "mark all" option which would be really handy for sorting big numbers. Wonder box is a cool feature except again, instead of dropping a few Pokemon in every one has to be individually selected so even if you sort by markings you have to do it for every one. It would be much easier if I could skip to my box labelled "trades", highlight the amount and just drop them in.

Speaking of sorting, I can sort by searching e.g. alphabetical or powered number, but that's only for the search. Is there any kind of auto sort feature? If so can I set it to only do certain boxes or would it just do everything anyway?

I don't have Sw/Sh yet so I spent a bit of time mucking around on the GTS and filled out a but more of my Pokedex. It seems alright but as always has a bunch of people seeking Mythicals for relatively common Pokemon.

I take it that mythicals aren't even tradable, from this last page? Annoying that you can ask for them if not, although other than the rest of Sw/Sh they're all I'm really missing.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Some of the pokemon don't seem to be showing up as collected in the pokedex. Transferred over a few Mewtwos including one from fire red but no dice.
Or have I missed something

I was having lots of issues with this and then it just randomly got better. I think it got fixed when the 1.03 patch came out. But my friend imported 400+ Pokémon and didn't unlock a single Dex entry from it. He couldn't get them to unlock no matter what he did. He fixed it by deleting and reinstalling the app.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I was having lots of issues with this and then it just randomly got better. I think it got fixed when the 1.03 patch came out. But my friend imported 400+ Pokémon and didn't unlock a single Dex entry from it. He couldn't get them to unlock no matter what he did. He fixed it by deleting and reinstalling the app.

Thanks! Will give this a go tomorrow <3

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Of course, good luck. If it works will you post and tag me? Then I'll know for sure and will recommend it to others with more confidence.

Actually decided to just to it tonight. Deleting and redownloading the app worked! Thanks again!!

What Finale Fireworker suggested worked!

Side note: Not sure how to tag people without quoting

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The Home app on iPhone is terrible. Laggy performance relative to everything else on my phone. It doesn't feel fluid to use at all.

Not only that, but the text and the graphics are all super small. I've never had a problem reading any text or app on my phone before, but I can barely see anything in Home.

And Wonder Box is frustratingly slow. I don't want to wait 10+ minutes for 3 Pokemon to be traded. The joy of Wonder Trade was that I could immediately send off a Pokemon and get something new, and then do it again and again. It was instant, and I could have done 15+ trades on Wonder Trade in the time it's taking to trade just 3 Pokemon with the Wonder Box.

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
And Wonder Box is frustratingly slow. I don't want to wait 10+ minutes for 3 Pokemon to be traded. The joy of Wonder Trade was that I could immediately send off a Pokemon and get something new, and then do it again and again. It was instant, and I could have done 15+ trades on Wonder Trade in the time it's taking to trade just 3 Pokemon with the Wonder Box.
It's only taking you 10 minutes? Lol, it takes at least 6 hours for me.

Gvitor

Oct 27, 2017
Found a Zacian trade asking for Dreepy. Never clicked so hard. Managed to get it, but its OT is "HOME", I'm guessing it's hacked. Any way to tell?

Textured Monk

Oct 27, 2017
This could be old news, but once you unlock a sticker from completing challenges, go to your profile and use then save one. A free Pichu appears in your mystery gift>Gift box to claim.