• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Peoply REALLY want to complete their Vivillion collections I guess

wToq338.png

Textured Monk

Oct 27, 2017
Also the mobile app has 3D models of every Pokemon and you can see ability descriptions, while the Switch app is all 2D and you can only see ability names, not what they do. Why are these separate things?

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
It's only taking you 10 minutes? Lol, it takes at least 6 hours for me.

My first one took 12 minutes. On a new batch now and yeah, it's been 30 minutes and nothing.

The core fault with Home is that none of this is integrated into the game. Millions of people bought the game - how many of those are going to download and use the Home app on their smartphone?

If all of this functionality were built into the game we would have FAR more trade options. Wonder trades would be instant, and the GTS would be more variegated. Creating a separate trading ecosystem from the main games is going to lead to a desolate experience.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
All of my wonder box trades have taken hours to go off, seems to happen at like 7am-1pm-8pm-ish my time over the past 2 days

Knightsaber

Jul 26, 2019
I just had a blasty-blast moving my Shield dex to my 1 hour played Sword save. Sadly, I'm a couple of Sword exclusives short. Shucks! I forgot the person that helped me with trades had to keep a few of them. Gotta catch, uh, 3 not including Zacian.

I enjoyed doing this thing.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The Home app on iPhone is terrible. Laggy performance relative to everything else on my phone. It doesn't feel fluid to use at all.

Not only that, but the text and the graphics are all super small. I've never had a problem reading any text or app on my phone before, but I can barely see anything in Home.

And Wonder Box is frustratingly slow. I don't want to wait 10+ minutes for 3 Pokemon to be traded. The joy of Wonder Trade was that I could immediately send off a Pokemon and get something new, and then do it again and again. It was instant, and I could have done 15+ trades on Wonder Trade in the time it's taking to trade just 3 Pokemon with the Wonder Box.
10 minutes? You're lucky lol

I've had some mons sit in the Wonder Box for 12 hours

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
10 minutes? You're lucky lol

I've had some mons sit in the Wonder Box for 12 hours

Yep, apparently that was rare. I deposited 2 more and I've been sitting here for almost an hour now and nothing.

This is awful. If any of this were actually built into the game I could be doing a chain of instant wonder trades like in previous games. But everyone is actually playing the games and doing surprise trade there instead of sitting and interacting with an app on their phone.

This is the exact problem so many people predicted back when were heard the games going forward weren't going to be compatible with all the Pokemon. Because once that happens each game becomes its own trading community with its own reservoir of Pokemon and players. The community as a whole becomes fragmented and it becomes harder to find what you want because there are fewer people trading Pokemon in a given game/platform. If the games would remain compatible with all Pokemon then all of this could connect to the same back-end and we wouldn't have this problem.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Also the mobile app has 3D models of every Pokemon and you can see ability descriptions, while the Switch app is all 2D and you can only see ability names, not what they do. Why are these separate things?
I guess the assumption is that people with the Switch app should own a Pokémon game. So trades, organization, etc. are handled through those games. While the mobile app is an extra thing for those owners and a reason to maybe grab a Switch for those that don't have one.

Textured Monk

Oct 27, 2017
I guess the assumption is that people with the Switch app should own a Pokémon game. So trades, organization, etc. are handled through those games. While the mobile app is an extra thing for those owners and a reason to maybe grab a Switch for those that don't have one.

2 out of the 4 released Pokemon games on Switch are limited to the first 151 and don't have abilities at all. Anything older (as in, ~2 years ago) only goes one way. I see what you're saying but it's a terrible assumption for TPC to base feature locking decisions on.

TBH if the Switch and Mobile versions both had the same combined features I'd still use the mobile app out of convenience, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Textured Monk

Oct 27, 2017
Boxes do show up under labels, but, yes, it's super annoying that you can't rename boxes, nor move pokemon from one box to another.

It's also lame that you can't customize colors of boxes. :/

So I've been looking at this and yeah, I was partially wrong. You can see the box name at the bottom of the labels so if it's got a name you can see it. You can add your own labels with whatever name and about six colours via the mobile app. You can see labels on the Switch but not edit them.

Label colour and position appears on a Pokemon when you check the summary in the GTS, but you can't see the label name (?). So red labels are useless for me, because I have 100 red "Bank #" labels transferred from Bank. The label can be removed per Pokemon one at a time, but I can't figure out how to mass-remove or delete a label entirely.

Also my first lot of Wonder trades went through so that's exciting. Took about 6-7 hours and then they all went at once, except for one that I swapped out partway through.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I think this gives credence to the theory of the 3D Models having issues in conversion over to Switch which could have been cause for the cull

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All of my wonder box trades have taken hours to go off, seems to happen at like 7am-1pm-8pm-ish my time over the past 2 days
I'm noticing the same thing. All of my wonder trades seem to happen around the same time every day, no matter when I put them in. It's like there's some kind of sync operation based on time rather than availability.

So red labels are useless for me, because I have 100 red "Bank #" labels transferred from Bank. The label can be removed per Pokemon one at a time, but I can't figure out how to mass-remove or delete a label entirely.
You can delete labels, but you have to tediously do it one by one. Go to the Pokémon screen, pull down the list of boxes/labels, then long press on the label you want to delete and hit Delete.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Okay, so I gave this a try. I booted up my Ultra Sun for the first time in quite a while to breed some useful Pokemon to have in Sword and Shield. Anything having to do with Pokemon Bank was a hassle. The update cut out once and there were server issues several times while moving Pokemon to the boxes in Bank and trying to save.
After that though, moving to Home was easier (and Bank still errored out after producing the sync code). Plus, it registered 388 Pokemon in Home for me after that, so that's pretty cool. Now if I can figure out how to get the transferred Pokemon over to Pokemon Sword, that'd be great.

Now the problem is I am running out of box space in Sword. I only paid for a month of Home to do all this. Should I clean out my in-game boxes an leave Pokemon in premium boxes that I can't access (AKA Pokemon Jail?) Or is that running the risk of having them erased?

Deleted member 15457

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  • Arbitrary split features in Mobile and Switch apps (because Nintendo doesn't want you to get around NSO requirements for trading).
  • Drains battery faster then I eat Occa berries against a Blaziken.
  • 16 United States Dollars a year if you want to keep your imported Pokemon not compatible with SwSh from being executed in Pokemon Jail.
  • Features that either should have been on the cart to begin with (GTS) or not gated by a paywall (importing).
  • Even after 2+ patches, random Trade Rooms literally never work (you have left the trade room)(you have left the trade room)(you have left the trade room)
  • Slow-ass wonder boxes and GTS that take forever to go through.
  • No trading mythicals(dumb) but you can still ask for them(dumber).
  • And last, but certainly not least: crap legality checker resulting in genned mons that brick people's Y-comms maliciously being circulated by griefers. (Not explicitly confirmed to be related to home, but this wasn't a thing until the day home released and that's some strong circumstantial evidence all right.)
On the bright side, Regigigas can now learn protect and rest! It might be halfway usable after 4 generations of Gamefreak balance condemning it to suck!

Last edited:

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
How are people trading the various Ash Cap Pikachu forms on the GTS? All 7 of them show up on the "Rare Pokémon traded" ranking, so clearly they're being traded somehow...but they're event Pokémon with a special ribbon that keeps them from being traded. I only have the Partner Cap Pikachu, but I checked with mine and it definitely doesn't let me trade it, but I've seen listings for Ash Cap Pikachu that people have put up for trade on the GTS, and I don't understand how... Anyone know what's going on with that?

Also, what's the safest way to transfer from Bank to HOME? The "Begin Move" option that has you use a 3DS and Bank to transfer manually, or the "No Nintendo 3DS" option that just brings everything over automatically via the NNID linked to your Nintendo Account? Like, is one option more or less error-prone than the other at the moment? I've heard of people loosing Pokémon over errors while transferring, but I'm not sure what method people are using when getting these errors. So far I've only been doing the "No Nintendo 3DS" method because it's easier, but I'd like to stick with whichever option is considered safest if anyone knows.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
Ah, that was it! Thank you for the tip, now I wonder if I had to update my Bank pokédex while the Battle Bond Greninja and the Own Tempo Rockruff were there...
Nice!
I'm kinda torturing myself over not updating the Bank Dex before my initial transfer too; Rockruff, Greninja and Magearna are the only outstanding forms and it's eating away at me -_-

I'm thinking (hoping) it's a bug though, I had the Rockruff and Greninja for years and surely would've updated Bank once in that time...

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I see 1.0.4 is out for iOS and lists the update as "Bug fixes" again. Let's see, shall we.

Finally, my sensible trade went through! My level 1 babby Scorbunny got a level 1 babby Grookey. There really are some normal people out there. :)

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I transferred all of my Bank boxes which added up to 1262 Pokemon, these sure rack up quickly...
But among them was also my single most favorite Pokemon in my collection.

Metagross has been my #1 favorite Pokemon for quite a while so a couple years ago I decided to go out of my way to get one that I could consider "special".

I started a fresh save on my old Ruby cart and played up to where I got the gift Beldum from Steven, resetting for a Jolly nature. This was when Megas were still a thing so this was chosen with Mega-Metagross in mind. I also nicknamed it after one my favorite mecha(hey, the color scheme kinda matches!). This is one of the few Pokemon I've ever nicknamed.

Next stop was my old copy of Pearl where I EV trained it the old fashioned way, beating up weak early game wildlife for 2 EVs a piece, while making sure to not accidentally put more than 252 in any of the stats.

Then it was on to Soul Silver where I actually beat as much of the game as I could which just the Beldum. Early game was pretty rough, only having access to Take Down. Between the boosted Exp from being traded and a Lucky Egg it managed to hit level 100 during the final Red fight!

From there it migrated it through the generations making sure to pick up League Championship ribbons for it where I could.
Now I'm waiting for the Crown Tundra expansion to release so I can get it a Galar Champion Ribbon as well.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really? Thanks!

How do you want to set this up? I have Home and a 3DS.
I have my ORAS Unown in Home now, so we could either use the GTS (I can make an obscenely specific request for you to fill), or more safely, pick a time and try a room trade.

My Platinum Unown are still in Bank, so in the worst case where neither Home option works, we can default to trading in the 3DS game of your choice.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have my ORAS Unown in Home now, so we could either use the GTS (I can make an obscenely specific request for you to fill), or more safely, pick a time and try a room trade.

My Platinum Unown are still in Bank, so in the worst case where neither Home option works, we can default to trading in the 3DS game of your choice.

I'm on my phone right now so why not set up a room trade?

I just transfered the A-Z forms from my VC Silver game so all I need are ! And ?.

Have you ever did room trades before? I haven't.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Just using the judge function in GO this morning, something I've never really bothered with, and found this Pikachu.

EQubVnlX0AUZaYF

If I move him to Let's Go and then Sword, will he have a set of 6 perfect IVs?

Edit: I'm an idiot, Serebii.net of course already has the answer.

Looks like HP, Atk, SpAtk, Def, and SpDef will all be 31 while Spd is random.

Last edited:

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
I transferred all of my Bank boxes which added up to 1262 Pokemon, these sure rack up quickly...
But among them was also my single most favorite Pokemon in my collection.

Metagross has been my #1 favorite Pokemon for quite a while so a couple years ago I decided to go out of my way to get one that I could consider "special".

I started a fresh save on my old Ruby cart and played up to where I got the gift Beldum from Steven, resetting for a Jolly nature. This was when Megas were still a thing so this was chosen with Mega-Metagross in mind. I also nicknamed it after one my favorite mecha(hey, the color scheme kinda matches!). This is one of the few Pokemon I've ever nicknamed.

Next stop was my old copy of Pearl where I EV trained it the old fashioned way, beating up weak early game wildlife for 2 EVs a piece, while making sure to not accidentally put more than 252 in any of the stats.

Then it was on to Soul Silver where I actually beat as much of the game as I could which just the Beldum. Early game was pretty rough, only having access to Take Down. Between the boosted Exp from being traded and a Lucky Egg it managed to hit level 100 during the final Red fight!

From there it migrated it through the generations making sure to pick up League Championship ribbons for it where I could.
Now I'm waiting for the Crown Tundra expansion to release so I can get it a Galar Champion Ribbon as well.

Yeah, this is amazing and pretty much why transfering pokémon has always been a big deal, no other franchise has this kind of stuff.
I remember someone bringing his Charizard all the way from Red (with VC homebrew but still) which was pretty crazy.

May you continue to bring your Metagross along with you forever and win every league and such (and by the way, I also named my Metagross after an old Mecha).

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Question, I have the Ash Greninja but noticed he looks completely normal in the Box while the Pokedex entry shows him looking differently, is that normal? Seems odd.

OHUcPr1.jpg

PfQ2mz2.jpg

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
While not strictly Home related, it does pertain to completing your Pokédex, so figured I'd share here. A large number of people follow this Sword/Shield trading chart, so you might have a lot of luck using it when looking for version exclusives.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
My first one took 12 minutes. On a new batch now and yeah, it's been 30 minutes and nothing.

The core fault with Home is that none of this is integrated into the game. Millions of people bought the game - how many of those are going to download and use the Home app on their smartphone?

If all of this functionality were built into the game we would have FAR more trade options. Wonder trades would be instant, and the GTS would be more variegated. Creating a separate trading ecosystem from the main games is going to lead to a desolate experience.

They want mobile to be a core part of the Pokemon experience. If they offered a fully featured Switch app then there would be no need for players to use the mobile version.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Looking at the datamined TM/TR moves for the missing Pokemon left me a little disappointed.

After 10 years it's really just sad that Zebstrika's movepool is so dire, they could have thrown it a bone and given it Blaze Kick and High Horsepower TRs. And Aurorus still doesn't learn Power Gem despite it being a TR. Feels like there's a bunch of additions to other Pokemon they could make too, but no let's give Koko Close Combat and Play Rough, and Tornadus and Alakazam Nasty Plot, the real buffs that were needed...

They finally gave Poliwrath Close Combat and Drain Punch at least.

Ohnooni

Oct 27, 2017
is there a list of pokemon who can't be transfered right now?
I was trying to put Meltan in the GTS but couldn' t, but at the same time some people are looking for one and offer
legendary pokemon for it!? Seems like there is no way such a transfer can work?

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
is there a list of pokemon who can't be transfered right now?
I was trying to put Meltan in the GTS but couldn' t, but at the same time some people are looking for one and offer
legendary pokemon for it!? Seems like there is no way such a transfer can work?

Mythicals are a no-go. People can ask for them, stupidly, but they won't get one.