• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Holy shit, got group trades working twice now.
I think the problem are the big 20 people groups because when it's under 20 it's working.
First trade was with visible Pokemon, second one without (weird that you can't choose which to join).

And I've got a shiny in the second one! Probably fake tho because shiny and pokerus makes it questionable.

HbriVCJ.jpg

9JW8zCg.jpg

8MHo6qu.jpg

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Oh wow, now I know what the number means on the right side of the group trade.
This shit is limited, 3 trades and then you can't trade anymore, probably for the rest of the day.
And for that I actually pay money, great.

Now I wouldn't be surprised at all if there's a hidden limitation with the wonder box too, that would explain why people get this working once in 6-12 hours.....

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, now I know what the number means on the right side of the group trade.
This shit is limited, 3 trades and then you can't trade anymore, probably for the rest of the day.
And for that I actually pay money, great.

Now I wouldn't be surprised at all if there's a hidden limitation with the wonder box too, that would explain why people get this working once in 6-12 hours.....
Wut?! That is absolutely absurd.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
There's a new update out on Android for bug fixes. Wonder what it fixes (or breaks, lol).

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I transferred all of my Bank boxes which added up to 1262 Pokemon, these sure rack up quickly...
But among them was also my single most favorite Pokemon in my collection.

Metagross has been my #1 favorite Pokemon for quite a while so a couple years ago I decided to go out of my way to get one that I could consider "special".

I started a fresh save on my old Ruby cart and played up to where I got the gift Beldum from Steven, resetting for a Jolly nature. This was when Megas were still a thing so this was chosen with Mega-Metagross in mind. I also nicknamed it after one my favorite mecha(hey, the color scheme kinda matches!). This is one of the few Pokemon I've ever nicknamed.

Next stop was my old copy of Pearl where I EV trained it the old fashioned way, beating up weak early game wildlife for 2 EVs a piece, while making sure to not accidentally put more than 252 in any of the stats.

Then it was on to Soul Silver where I actually beat as much of the game as I could which just the Beldum. Early game was pretty rough, only having access to Take Down. Between the boosted Exp from being traded and a Lucky Egg it managed to hit level 100 during the final Red fight!

From there it migrated it through the generations making sure to pick up League Championship ribbons for it where I could.
Now I'm waiting for the Crown Tundra expansion to release so I can get it a Galar Champion Ribbon as well.
Love reading stories like these in this thread!

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Condensing all of my Pokemon to a single place made me realize how many legendaries I have laying around.

Like, I have never seen a legitimate shiny in my life, but I do have three shiny Entei laying around from various events, along with two or three regular Entei.

I have more Enteis than I have Pidgeys.

BahamutPT

Oct 28, 2017
There was a data update recently. BB Greninja and OT Rockruff are completely gone from the Home Dex.

I'm still unable to sync the Furfrou forms. I got them all registered in the Bank Dex, but they are not being carried over to the Home Dex.

Deleted member 25140

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Seriously how do you get points in this game? I haven't had any since launch day and I've got over 2000 Pokemon stored and have added more every day?

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Trying to finish alpha sapphire and sun before this trial ends is going to drive me crazy. Probably gonna just have to take the L and pay for pokemon bank and another month of home premium.

But strip-mining my copy of Y for the pokedex/boxes felt weird. I left it bare after all those (254!!!) hours I put into it and now...nothing.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Since I don't feel like subbing to Pokemon Home right now to transfer Pokemon over, I have been using GTS and Wonder Box to fill out the Home Pokedex. Trading for the non-legendary Pokemon that can now be transferred to Sw/Sh I ended up with a shiny Litten. The paranoid part of me can't help but ponder if it is hacked or not.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Trying to finish alpha sapphire and sun before this trial ends is going to drive me crazy. Probably gonna just have to take the L and pay for pokemon bank and another month of home premium.

I know that feeling. I need to play through both Yellow and Crystal (for the "good ol'" requirements), then I have Ultra Sun to finish, and then there are a bunch I just don't have from Alpha and X.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
Little 'tip'... if you don't have any Pokemon set as a favourite in the mobile app then one of all of your Pokemon are shown at random every time you access the 'Your Room' menu. It's really cool.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Little 'tip'... if you don't have any Pokemon set as a favourite in the mobile app then one of all of your Pokemon are shown at random every time you access the 'Your Room' menu. It's really cool.
Thanks, I was wondering how to get a Pokémon on the main screen aside from the Squirtle I chose. Very cool. :D

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
How many times will they update the app without fixing the trade and room stuff? Come on gamefreak.

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Just did a random room trade, so they seem to at least be partially fixed.

You have to wait until the clock runs down for both the gathering of players and the trading of Pokémon, even if everyone is there and has already chosen a Pokémon, which is extra dumb.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017

You have to wait until the clock runs down for both the gathering of players and the trading of Pokémon, even if everyone is there and has already chosen a Pokémon, which is extra dumb.

I have noticed that if the room fills up the timer switches to 30 seconds. It just needs to do the same for once everyone has picked a Pokemon.

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
I have noticed that if the room fills up the timer switches to 30 seconds. It just needs to do the same for once everyone has picked a Pokemon.

Oh so that's what happened, my room filled up after less than 30 seconds remained. But yeah, please do the for the Pokémon phase, everyone was spamming the "zzz" emoticon ahah

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

But a better "tip" here is to put everything you don't want to loose at favorite, since it acts like a lock. They can't be traded anymore then.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
How many times will they update the app without fixing the trade and room stuff? Come on gamefreak.
Today's update seems to have fixed the room trades for me, at least based on first impressions. Finally got one to work from start to finish. Traded an Alolan Griner for a Galarian Ponyta.

Gonna have to try again later.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
No trading mythicals(dumb) but you can still ask for them(dumber).

I do agree that is dumb that they allow you to ask for them when they're not legally available for trade, it's like asking for a female Hitmonlee or something like that. However, the restriction overall, I don't have a problem with it, because that's the way it's been since forever, and it's not just mythicals, but also other event distributions, like Palkia, Dialga, etc. that have that special ribbon.

But at the same time, I do understand that they allow them to ask for those Pokémon, because maybe eventually they'll release a trade-able one (maybe) at some point, like it's already possible to trade some Mew.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe in a future update they'll add a "Ready" button like in so many other gaming lobbies, to speed up the trading process.

Today's update seems to have fixed the room trades for me, at least based on first impressions. Finally got one to work from start to finish. Traded an Alolan Griner for a Galarian Ponyta.

Gonna have to try again later.

Room trade worked twice for me but on the third one it kicked me out of the room, so it's working better than before but not flawlessly yet.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Can you trade mythicals in a room trade? I really want a Melmetal to complete my dex. I know there'll be raids at some point in SwSh but I'm so close!

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

I can never choose any Pokemon. It just sits there until the timer runs out.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So I think I'm seeing the delayed Pokedex updates people were talking about.
I got my Pokedex from Pokemon Sun registered, but nothing from Ultra Sun or Sword. How do I get these registered? And also, no shinies in the Pokedex section of the mobile app?

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
finally bought a pass and got some of my shiny babies up. ❤️❤️❤️

EQsSfJCU8AA3iqO

I'm hoping to finish Ultra Moon before the bank trial ends so I can get a Cosmog for the Shield DLC.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Nintendo managed to link my old 3DS account to my New 3DS thankfully, so I can start mass transferring stuff from Gen 5 over. Probably going to run through Yellow and Crystal on Virtual Console too.

Can the Celebi you can get in Crystal be transferred over to Bank or is it locked to Crystal?

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I cannot link my Nintendo account via the iOS app. It keeps saying connection error; I've tried WiFi and 4G but to no avail. Is it because I declined the sharing of my data?

Gvitor

Oct 27, 2017
Can you do a second sync from bank to home after the first transfer? There's still a couple mons I need to transfer that I forgot.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
So after using it for a few days these are some of my big impressions.

+I like Wonder Trade functionality a lot. Being able to put up 10 randoms and get 10 randoms back is genuinely fun for me. I just cycle things in and out constantly. There have been lots of rounds where I simply retrade everything I just got but I like getting Dex entries in the process. I never understood the appeal of Wonder Trade before because one at a time was so unfulfilling but doing 10 at a time has been great fun.

+The GTS is mostly unchanged, but being able to put up 3 Pokémon and not feel locked in to one trade is freeing. Other than that it still lacks any extra features or functions to make trading for what you actually want any easier. This is a missed opportunity, IMO, because the GTS has pretty much stayed the same since its introduction.

+I find the little Challenges satisfying. I complete most of them without noticing and constantly unlocking little things and getting little rewards is great for my lizard brain. I wish there was more variety to the stickers, though. Some are so cute and got me all excited for what else I might unlock but most of them are pretty generic, which is a bummer.

+Labels are a welcome addition to the box system for sure. I'm already used to using them and found them fun to set up and navigate. However, I don't understand why there isn't an "Add to Pokémon to Label" function when you are reviewing the actual label. You can only go from Pokémon to Label and not Label to Add Pokémon. Just seems like obvious functionality that's missing.

+Some things are strangely rigid. All my Home boxes from the Switch version can't be edited, renamed, or resorted on mobile. This doesn't make any sense to me at all. The "back" button on mobile takes you back to the top of the list which is super frustrating when you have 40 boxes full of Pokémon and you're trying to do work in the bottom three.

+Why aren't there more Trainer Icons?? What a let down! I hope they add more.

+There's a lot of things that don't seem to work or don't work as you'd logically expect. Room Trades don't work for most, Friend trades are local only, certain major functions are hidden in unexpected places. There's a lot of work to be done still in this department.

+The actual National Dex is disappointing to me. There's no way to chunk out regional dexes, there's no display of your acquisition stats, and it mostly just seems like a big list. Which... I get that it is, but I thought there'd be more intuitive ways to sort and search than this.

+Very weird that you can't search or sort by Favorites.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
It's so cool to see my virtual console shinies in 3D on my phone.

We need classic Pokémon to be ported to Switch.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
+The actual National Dex is disappointing to me. There's no way to chunk out regional dexes, there's no display of your acquisition stats, and it mostly just seems like a big list. Which... I get that it is, but I thought there'd be more intuitive ways to sort and search than this.

The Pokedex on the phone is garbage, it doesn't even show you how many Pokemon entries you have.
Use the Pokedex on the Switch app, that one is beautiful and night and day difference.

The trade limit really is bullshit

It is, 3 group trades a day is ridiculous, specially for what you pay.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
It's so cool to see my virtual console shinies in 3D on my phone.

We need classic Pokémon to be ported to Switch.
I love that giving the VC games Bank support (and pretty much making them a reliable source of 1st-2nd Gen hidden ability pokemon) actually makes them a pretty valuable part of the overall trade economy for the series.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Oh, and one other thing: Some of the colors are waaaayy weird on mobile. A lot of the Pokémon look strange because what I know to be their colors is inaccurate. Some of them lose details because there's such little clarity.