• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I was hoping it wouldn't come to that. Would I have to do all that account setup stuff again?

You just have to accept the TOS and log into the nintendo network again. Shouldn't take more than a couple minutes.

Only real issue is the log in to the account was a bit weird for me. Failed first time both tries and then on the second attempt I got my mii showing up before logging in. I was super tired tho so maybe I was being silly.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
The Pokedex on the phone is garbage, it doesn't even show you how many Pokemon entries you have.
Use the Pokedex on the Switch app, that one is beautiful and night and day difference.

It is, 3 group trades a day is ridiculous, specially for what you pay.
Premium, private group trades don't have a limit, but the random ones' limit should really be lifted if you have premium. It even makes sense from a financial perspective to provide simple incentives like that to go premium.

That said, once friend trades are confirmed to actually be working I expect people to just make gps spoofing guides and make the whole "must be next to someone!" Thing moot anyways

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The organisation in the app has actually been great. Good searches, filters and even suprisingly a tagging system. Having Mystery Gift in a phone app is a godsend. The challenges really help fill gaps in my collection. And transfering from both Bank and the Switch games is quick and easy. But trades are a clusterfuck of stupid limits which is completely unacceptable at £15/year.

Let's count the stupid limits in trades:

1. Trades are only possible in the mobile app
  2. Friend trading limited to people in close proximity
  3. Limit of 10 friend trades per day
  4. Room trading cannot occur between only two people which means combined with 2. there is no way for two friends to trade over the internet
  5. Only 3 random room trades per day
  6. Wonder box only trades about every 6 hours
  7. You can only trade "special Pokémon" in friend trades, not Wonder box, room trades, or GTS
  8. GTS still allows you to request special Pokémon despite 7.
  9. GTS allows you to request illegitmate parameter combinations
  10. GTS has a very limited range of parameter requests despite the organsational side of the app having a comprehensive list of search and filter parameters
There are also some other features which have no reason to only be on one version of the app. And as FinaleFireworker says it would be nice for an update including the rest of the trainer icons (especially as my favourite is missing).
Premium, private group trades don't have a limit, but the random ones' limit should really be lifted if you have premium. It even makes sense from a financial perspective to provide simple incentives like that to go premium.

That said, once friend trades are confirmed to actually be working I expect people to just make gps spoofing guides and make the whole "must be next to someone!" Thing moot anyways
Friend trades are working. I did my limit of ten today lol. And yes people will GPS spoof but they really shouln't have to especially considering this is a paid app.

Last edited:

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
Why is it when I turn off the "search with people asking for mythicals/legendaries" it still brings up Phione who ALSO cannot be traded over the GTS. So annoying.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
The organisation in the app has actually been great. Good searches, filters and even suprisingly a tagging system. Having Mystery Gift in a phone app is a godsend. The challenges really help fill gaps in my collection. And transfering from both Bank and the Switch games is quick and easy. But trades are a clusterfuck of stupid limits which is completely unacceptable at £15/year.

Let's count the stupid limits in trades:

1. Trades are only possible in the mobile app
  2. Friend trading limited to people in close proximity
  3. Limit of 10 friend trades per day
  4. Room trading cannot occur between only two people which means combined with 2. there is no way for two friends to trade over the internet
  5. Only 3 random room trades per day
  6. Wonder box only trades about every 6 hours
  7. You can only trade "special Pokémon" in friend trades, not Wonder box, room trades, or GTS
  8. GTS still allows you to request special Pokémon despite 7.
  9. GTS allows you to request illegitmate parameter combinations
  10. GTS has a very limited range of parameter requests despite the organsational side of the app having a comprehensive list of search and filter parameters
There are also some other features which have no reason to only be on one version of the app. And as FinaleFireworker says it would be nice for an update including the rest of the trainer icons (especially as my favourite is missing).

Friend trades are working. I did my limit of ten today lol. And yes people will GPS spoof but they really shouln't have to especially considering this is a paid app.

Great list! That shows perfectly what's wrong with the app.

The typical Nintendo/Niantic Online clusterfuck that we know for years and years but this time we pay for a subscription service, unacceptable but with this way we have a legitimate reason to criticize, so I'm really curious if they will improve and change stuff in the future, like we know it from endless of other phone apps, were we're used to getting drastic changes almost weekly, unlike anywhere else in the gaming scene like on handhelds or consoles.
I really hope they adapt to the phone app standard and won't get stuck on console standard when it comes to this. Theoretically, they could change so much in the coming months if they want.
The fact that most of these features are phone only would massively help even. So yeah, I'm really curious about the coming months.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
I guess they don't want their servers to crash with rampant Wonder trading, but there has to be a time limit than half a day.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I've had some pokemon sitting in my wonder box for around 4 hours. Do I need to hit a button to get them on the market? Or is this feature just not working at the moment?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I've had some pokemon sitting in my wonder box for around 4 hours. Do I need to hit a button to get them on the market? Or is this feature just not working at the moment?
They'll eventually trade. It's a random length of time (at least, that's what the tutorial for it said). I've had it trade after a couple of hours, and I've had it trade after like five hours.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Yeesh. Well, these are the first ones I've actually put in there. But whatever... I guess I'll be surprised late tonight, rather than now.

One other thing, I'm not sure if anyone has tried it, but if you put labels on pokemon, send them to Sword / Shield, and then bring them back to home, do they still keep their labels?

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Pokédex seems to be fixed, but it is not recognizing some Pokémon with multiple forms. I'm offended that this game thinks I don't have an Unown or Wormadon.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it when I turn off the "search with people asking for mythicals/legendaries" it still brings up Phione who ALSO cannot be traded over the GTS. So annoying.
I've found the trading block isn't directly applied to mythicals but rather to event Pokemon. Which... Mythicals usually are.
I have a bunch of non-mythicals I can't trade because they're event Pokemon.
Honestly, this is stupid af. Just let me trade whatever.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Finding the all different Vivillon patterns on Home is a headache and a half.

The GTS listing is full of the one pattern Japanese players can get and almost all the other patterns request mythicals and illegal levels of Vivillon. I only managed to find 3 unique patterns so far.

I'm pretty sure the GTS is busted anyway. No way it's this inactive when it's completely free.

BahamutPT

Oct 28, 2017
If any of you guys see any challenges that I haven't catalogued, can you let me know? :)

The fact many don't appear until they're activated and are obscure like "Trade Lunatone & Solrock" or "Deposit Pulverizing Snorlax (the SM event one)" so until we work out how to extract, it may take a while

Found one not on the list

01JivBj.png

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
So, I guess the Trade Rooms are busted? Every time I create one, the counter counts down to zero and I'm kicked out of the room. Am I doing something wrong?

Deleted member 14313

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, I guess the Trade Rooms are busted? Every time I create one, the counter counts down to zero and I'm kicked out of the room. Am I doing something wrong?
If you create one you have to share the code with other people. Random people won't join user created rooms. If a certain number of people above two are in the room by the end of the countdown everyone chooses a Pokémon to trade. When the second countdown is over you recieve one of the Pokémon the other people chose.

Edit: Full official info on trade rooms:
Pokémon HOME Help said:
Users can come together to create a trade room and trade randomly with one another within that room.

You can start or join a Room Trade by choosing Create a trade room, Join via a trade room ID, Join via a code pattern, or Join a random trade room.
A Room Trade can have a maximum of 20 people.

● Create a trade room
Creates a room for you to trade with specific other users.
When creating a trade room you can choose whether or not participants will be able to see the Pokémon they're trading for.
If you'd like to see what Pokémon other users have chosen to trade, choose to make them visible. You can also choose to keep them hidden.
Note: The Create a trade room option is only available to Premium Plan users.

● Join via trade room ID
You can join a trade room that's been created.
Have the user who created the room tell you its trade room ID. Then input that ID to join the room.

● Join via a code pattern
You can join a trade room that's been created.
Have the user who created the room show you its code pattern. Scan that code pattern to join the room.

● Join a random trade room
You can join a random trade room that's been created anywhere in the world.
You can only trade Pokémon through joining a random room three times per day.
Note: This limit resets at 00:00 UTC.

● Info on Room Trade
You can't trade favorite Pokémon or Pokémon that have been chosen for another trade.

It isn't well explained but "specific other users" is the most important phrase.

At least that's what lines up with what I've seen.

Last edited:

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
If you create one you have to share the code with other people. Random people won't join user created rooms. If a certain number of people above two are in the room by the end of the countdown everyone chooses a Pokémon to trade. When the second countdown is over you recieve one of the Pokémon the other people chose.

Edit: Full official info on trade rooms:
Yeah, I know. I had a few friends join the room, but we were all kicked out of it when the first timer ran out.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Oof. This is likely in a large part my own dumb fault for procrastinating so long, but I decided to finally pull together and organize out a living dex (had always just filled in the dex itself each game, but that has ultimately left my collection a touch scattered around games, and it may well have gaps in first and middle forms and the like too, which I would thus want to fill before porting over as that'd be much harder to fix if they're locked from going into any games.)

Anyway, perhaps due to the increased traffic from all the Home stuff, MAN is Bank ever crapping out on me. Sometimes just won't connect, other times just fails to save a session and erases my organizational work. I'm getting there, but... it's frustrating.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna know why there is a limit on random trade rooms. How did this idea even pop into someone's head?

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Finding the all different Vivillon patterns on Home is a headache and a half.

The GTS listing is full of the one pattern Japanese players can get and almost all the other patterns request mythicals and illegal levels of Vivillon. I only managed to find 3 unique patterns so far.

I'm pretty sure the GTS is busted anyway. No way it's this inactive when it's completely free.
It is the opposite of that. The GTS is so active that for highly desired Pokemon like Vivillon, any trade that isn't ridiculous is usually snapped up pretty much immediately, leaving garbage trades clogging stuff up.

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else running into communication error 500 (detail code 9013)? Emailed support but haven't heard back yet. Both iOS and Switch apps throwing the same error all of a sudden.

megadarve

Oct 27, 2017
I also got that error and am locked out too. Apparently it seems to be caused by hacked crap in the Wonder Box?

Unrelated, but in the downtime, I noticed that while Home is only allowed on one device each, if you do have it on different devices for different Nintendo accounts, all of them get premium from just a single premium purchase if the devices use the same Apple ID. Not sure what happens if you move the account to a non premium device though. Perhaps the way the payments are set up is the reason why it was more than Bank?

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I'm hope we don't get punished for unwittingly having hacked Pokemon. That would be pretty crappy. :/ I usually flip trades in wonder trade along with a lot of catches from Lets Go.

megadarve

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, especially since it's not under our control through Wonder Box. Seems to be similar to how Surprise Trade can be messed up on the Switch games, but at least it might be a quicker fix for them. Curious how long support will take to reply or address the issue D:

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Hurrah, all my wonder shit traded. And all at once, too. Maybe if you dump 10 pokemon in there, it waits until it can trade all 10 at once to complete?

I'll have some time tomorrow evening to mess with the Switch side of things more. I'll try to move over as many Meltan as I can and see what legendaries I can get for them. :). I think I have close to 300 on my Let's Go Eevee game. (uncaught, though)

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone like me who was like "Oh, crap, I should actually finish getting Melmetal in PoGo" brought on by the release of Home, there's an event in Go atm that doubles your Candy drops, so, I got ~200 Meltan candy in the half hour (Half what you need for Melmetal)

Maple

Oct 27, 2017

No. It regularly takes 6+ hours for a single Pokemon in a Wonder Box to be traded. Why? Who the fuck knows. After spending a few days with Home I am in awe of the amount of glitches, restrictions, extreme lack of polish, and horrendous inefficiencies that are rampant throughout this whole system.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
For anyone like me who was like "Oh, crap, I should actually finish getting Melmetal in PoGo" brought on by the release of Home, there's an event in Go atm that doubles your Candy drops, so, I got ~200 Meltan candy in the half hour (Half what you need for Melmetal)

I still haven't found a Meltan on Go. I'm stuck on the quest that unlocks him, specifically I need to find a Ditto in the wild but never came across on in how many years the app was out.

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
I still haven't found a Meltan on Go. I'm stuck on the quest that unlocks him, specifically I need to find a Ditto in the wild but never came across on in how many years the app was out.

I hate Pokemon Go so much.

That quest is not worth it at all. It's a ton of work for a Pokémon that needs 400 candy to evolve.

---

Observations from a couple days of Home use:
1. Trade evolutions do not trade via Wonder Box. I've received 2 Gravelers and neither evolved.
2. Does anybody know the rate for Home Points generation? I'm still pissed my Poké Miles from Bank didn't transfer over.

riq

Feb 21, 2019
I didn't get SWSH, but the fear of the eventual death of either the 3DS online support or of my old beaten 3DS made me sign up for one month.
I've been mostly using the mobile app instead of the Switch one, since I own zero Pokémon games on Switch.

First of all, man, the textures on the mobile app are fugly. Dracovish' legs almost look like a sprite instead of a model. Also, while the renders used for dex pages look gorgeous, the models themselves look absolutely dull. Compare Magnemite's render to its 3D model to see what I mean.

Second, I loved the introduction of labels. Allowed me to severly cut down how many boxes I had, facilitating the organization proccess. Only thing I don't like about it is that apparently there's no way of searching for only non-labeled Pokémon? Seems like a pretty big oversight.

I also wanna consolidate my findings about the Wonder Box. I tried filling half of it and one hour later the other half. Like clockwork, 6 hours after putting the first group in, only those first five were traded. I waited one more hour to get the remaining ones to be traded as well. So I'm pretty confident saying there's a 6 hours timer for getting a Pokémon in Wonder Box traded. Which is a ridiculous decision.

About Phione, I can confirm that even though Phione shows up when filtering off Legendaries and Mythicals, I'm not able to trade any of mine, and they were not event distributed, I hatched them from my Manaphy in Pearl, and they have no trade restricting Ribbons. So there's that.

Deleted member 19742

Oct 27, 2017
No. It regularly takes 6+ hours for a single Pokemon in a Wonder Box to be traded. Why? Who the fuck knows. After spending a few days with Home I am in awe of the amount of glitches, restrictions, extreme lack of polish, and horrendous inefficiencies that are rampant throughout this whole system.

And the arguable worst part of this is Game Freak's lack of communication on all this. I know it's only been a few days since HOME came out, but how long will GF go without addressing any of these issues directly? It's an extremely frustrating situation that's really testing my patience with this company. :(

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
It's wild how much Home has gotten me back into Sword/Shield, more specifically, its competitive aspect.

I mean, having dozens of my already fully breed Pokemon easily assessable I'm sure is a factor (my Gen VI 6IV Ditto remains a Arceus among 'Mon) but knowing I can make a few of my almost decade old competitive Pokemon much better is actually getting me much more invested in the Galar Dex.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
And the arguable worst part of this is Game Freak's lack of communication on all this. I know it's only been a few days since HOME came out, but how long will GF go without addressing any of these issues directly? It's an extremely frustrating situation that's really testing my patience with this company. :(
Sword and Shield didn't even get a patch until the DLC announcement lmao don't expect much to change

Deleted member 15457

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, room trades actually have a Cryogonal's chance in hell of working now. They seem to be less populated, so I guess it was an overloading issue.

Anyways, why is Zeraora currently number 10 on the most popular GTS Pokemon? I thought it couldn't be traded over the GTS? Maybe "Most popular" means most requested.

Sword and Shield didn't even get a patch until the DLC announcement lmao don't expect much to change

Surely they're fast-tracking a patch to prevent people from trading malicious Pokemon which brick people's multiplayer... RIGHT?

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Looks like they now fixed the Magearna thing and you get an Original Color Magearna for finishing the dex.

EQzCZeUWoAAFCBX

What's happening with the Tackle/Growl Magearna some people got before, I wonder? If they get to keep it, it could potentially be the rarest Pokemon of all time.

megadarve

Oct 27, 2017
So I just checked again and I seem to no longer have the 9013 error anymore. No response from TPC so not sure what's going on. All Mystery Box trades seemed to go through okay, so maybe it wasn't that.

Seems like my account has gone from premium to free without being able to be restored as well - might not have anything to do with the error, probably had to do with the other account automatically restoring on the other device. What a pain lol.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Sinistea and Polteageist have received an update
Surely they're fast-tracking a patch to prevent people from trading malicious Pokemon which brick people's multiplayer... RIGHT?
They usually do. People have this weird idea that they don't patch the games when they do

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Hacked shit turns me off from the game so badly. I truly hope they do patch it because I refuse to wonder trade until they do.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It is the opposite of that. The GTS is so active that for highly desired Pokemon like Vivillon, any trade that isn't ridiculous is usually snapped up pretty much immediately, leaving garbage trades clogging stuff up.

Well, can't really confirm that, Litten is one of the most traded and requested Pokemon but nobody wants my 3 in almost a week. Like something is broken.
Worked better in the old games so far. 🤷‍♂️

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only missing Zeraora, Meltan and Melmetal. I don't need those to get the Magearna, do I?