• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
After a couple weeks of scavenging my old cartridges and nabbing some late night SwSh legendaries on the GTS, I'm standing at 888 Pokémon in my live dex. I'm missing Meltan and Melmetal.

Considering I don't have any Pokémon games on Switch, is it even possible for me to obtain those? I guess my best shot would be setting up a group trade room with someone who would want to trade them to me and try to avoid other people joining. Is this possible? Has anyone else tried it before?
I heard you can't group trade mythicals like Meltan and Melmetal. Idk if gps spoofing for friend trades works either.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
After a couple weeks of scavenging my old cartridges and nabbing some late night SwSh legendaries on the GTS, I'm standing at 888 Pokémon in my live dex. I'm missing Meltan and Melmetal.

Considering I don't have any Pokémon games on Switch, is it even possible for me to obtain those? I guess my best shot would be setting up a group trade room with someone who would want to trade them to me and try to avoid other people joining. Is this possible? Has anyone else tried it before?
Yeah, I managed to get a Meltan from the trade thread on ERA.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I hold that Vivillon is worse, because its wing pattern is based on your 3DS country at the point the save file was created.

And there are 18 patterns.

So you have to catch one, put it in Bank or trade it away, then change your 3DS country and restart your entire save file 17 times.

We had an amazing time with that on the old forum, including spreadsheets working it all out, members trading back and forth, so much fun. It's not something that can happen now, but at the time it was great.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017

I heard you can't group trade mythicals like Meltan and Melmetal. Idk if gps spoofing for friend trades works either.
I was not able to send a Meltan in a room trade.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Two questions: I've been holding off on transferring up so as to not trap my resources all in Home so I can't adjust if I need to. That said, I now have a complete pre-SwSh living dex numerically plus most of the forms I care about, honestly. (IE not bothered about Gourgeist sizes or Minior/Florges colors. Though still need to decide if I care enough to fill out Deerling and Burmy stuff. It's a solid "maybe" at the moment. And Vivillion is on a "I guess I'll fill out what I can in the future.")

That said... do I need to make one of my Zygarde a Power Construct one for the sake of that form showing in the dex, or no? Not sure if that's worth the effort at this point or not...

Also, is anyone interested in trading a Zacian for one of my many Meltan, or is that not a trade that's likely to work out? (Would be nice to trade away an easily renewable resource instead, but I'll dip into my stock of legendaries if need be. Man do I ever wish version exclusive legendaries would go away, though... Worst part is Sw/Sh had the perfect setup with the items for forms to still make your cover one feel special, but nah. I want to say it's a shame after Su/Mo kinda fixed that, but evolving legendaries are their own sort of issue for living dexes...)

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
If they don't want mythicals to be traded that's fine, but don't put options to offer them for trade or search for them then.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Wish you could tag Pokemon into a living Dex separate from the rest of your Pokemons.

Searching GTS is tedious as hell with all the Pokemon listed for impossible returns. Although my best finds are a Shiny Reshiram, Poiple, Stakataka and 2 Shiny MewTwo I've picked up for random Let's Go mons.

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
You can trade it to some of us who haven't been able to get a full Pokedex yet. 👀

Are mythicals tradable at all though? I know for sure they can't go into the GTS.
I can only hope that some kind of "correction" wont wipe out my Magearnas or well, at least not both.

Kinda unrelated but is there an "easy" way to get a Sacred Sword Oshawott in Home though? I can't breed one in USUM anymore since I transfered everything and the GTS is not being that helpful at the moment.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Are mythicals tradable at all though? I know for sure they can't go into the GTS.
I can only hope that some kind of "correction" wont wipe out my Magearnas or well, at least not both.

Kinda unrelated but is there an "easy" way to get a Sacred Sword Oshawott in Home though? I can't breed one in USUM anymore since I transfered everything and the GTS is not being that helpful at the moment.
Your best bet is to ask if someone else has Oshawott. Your next option is to wait for the dlc and hope oshawott is breed able then.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
So you have to catch one, put it in Bank or trade it away, then change your 3DS country and restart your entire save file 17 times.
Oh man... it makes me a little sad to think that anybody did this. I mean, of course they did but I didn't even think of the possibility...

Putting all of those together was one of the coolest moments in collecting Pokémon; getting in touch and setting up trades from places all over the world, it really made you feel 'the spirit' of this whole series... or something.

That's why the final one was a pokeball design too, to commentate the GTS and all the trading required.
No judgement though! Just for me Vivillon was a personal high point.
I'm still hesitant about moving my Living Dex to Home but while looking through it on Bank I've realised that I've managed to mix up the Kanto and Johto Dex so not all of the original 151 are from LG/FR, some are from later games. Once I've finished the Galar Dex I'm seriously considering going back and making sure each Pokemon is from its original game before I move them to Home starting with FR which for something only I can see is crazy right?
Well I completed a living dex... then started all over because I wanted the whole thing unified in one single OT name. I've batted about the idea of doing it again in just pokeballs only... so I'm perhaps not too qualified to judge how crazy this is :)

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Using the GTS in X/Y getting every Vivillon wasn't difficult. I managed it in an afternoon by catching a load of my local version first and then offering it for a Vivillon over and over again until I got them all and just retrading any doubles I got. It's the only Pokemon I have every non shiny version of. The time delay on the new GTS makes it much more annoying.

Well I completed a living dex... then started all over because I wanted the whole thing unified in one single OT name. I've batted about the idea of doing it again in just pokeballs only... so I'm perhaps not too qualified to judge how crazy this is :)

Catching them all in Pokeballs is a level of commitment I just don't have. After my miserable failures to connect to Max Raids in Sw/Sh going back to the simplicity of the older games is what's tempting me. The only downside is how long the DS games take to save.

Oct 27, 2017
Fun fact: Of Deerling's and Sawsbuck's 4 season-based forms, only one form (spring) were available natively on the Gen 6 games. The Gen 7 games didn't have Seedling/Sawsbuck and neither do Sword and Shield at this moment.

ERspHx2WkAAwzek

Because Game Freak deprecated the season shifting mechanics of the gen 5 games, There's no way you can change the appearance of these two species on any game made since then. That was 3 Pokemon generations ago.

This means if you haven't done this already, you have to go back all the way to the gen 5 games to catch the other three forms of Deerling and Sawsbuck, transfer them to Bank, and then transfer them to Home to register their data for the National Dex.

This is what I did tonight.

In a new game of Pokemon Black, it took me about 4 hours of speed running through the game and 4 gyms to enter the area were wild Deerling are first found in the wild. I caught 4 of those suckers and in each instance changed my 3DS's date up a month to cycle through all four seasons.

Final steps were transfering them to my Pokemon Ultra Moon game to evolve them to Sawsbuck, bred additional Deerling, and then finally transfering them to Pokemon Home.

Probably the most daunting task of collecting multiple forms of a specific Pokemon if you haven't done it already.
I had to do that too, but I still have my original save file in Black so it was a bit easier for me!

I also went back to my old copy of SoulSilver to finally get all the Unown forms...

For the "complete the national dex" quest to get the original form magearna, does that mean you need all the mythic Pokémon too?
Yes, you need a complete living Dex with all mythicals.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I had to do that too, but I still have my original save file in Black so it was a bit easier for me!

I also went back to my old copy of SoulSilver to finally get all the Unown forms...

Yes, you need a complete living Dex with all mythicals.

Unown are much easier to acquire all their forms. They made all of them including the ! and ? forms avaiable via ORAS's Mirage Islands. You can also just get the 26 letters via GSC Virtual Console.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I've had a Grookey sitting in the GTS for a day asking for a Sobble and haven't gotten anything.

I see people talking about Pokemon like Vivillion and Swasbuck... you don't have to have all of their forms to get the Magearna do you?

Textured Monk

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a Grookey sitting in the GTS for a day asking for a Sobble and haven't gotten anything.

I see people talking about Pokemon like Vivillion and Swasbuck... you don't have to have all of their forms to get the Magearna do you?

I can't see any Grookey's asking for Sobble when I search. Is it likely to be narrowed down by the level/gender or is it just 1-10 and male? You might have to take it out and put it back in again, or put up something less prevalent. I've got a spare Sobble I can send you.

I'm 99% sure you don't need multiple forms as long as you have the pokedex entry for that Pokemon.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I can't see any Grookey's asking for Sobble when I search. Is it likely to be narrowed down by the level/gender or is it just 1-10 and male? You might have to take it out and put it back in again, or put up something less prevalent. I've got a spare Sobble I can send you.

I'm 99% sure you don't need multiple forms as long as you have the pokedex entry for that Pokemon.
The only thing I specified was the Pokemon, no level or anything.

Deleted member 15457

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I received a french shiny 6IV imposter ditto on surprise trade (caught in a Pokemon Den). It's almost certainly hacked(unless people have figured out how to RNG raid spawns), but I can still use it for breeding.

Here's the thing:

The Original Trainer is a bit.ly shortened link.

Is this the world's weirdest phishing scam? Because I'm don't know how to set up a virtual machine to find out, and I'm not posting the link since I don't know where it leads, possibly to TOS violations.

Should I keep it on the backburner for breeding? Or just release it? I'm not going to use it online obviously.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I received a french shiny 6IV imposter ditto on surprise trade (caught in a Pokemon Den). It's almost certainly hacked(unless people have figured out how to RNG raid spawns), but I can still use it for breeding.

Here's the thing:

Is this the world's weirdest phishing scam? Because I'm don't know how to set up a virtual machine to find out, and I'm not posting the link since I don't know where it leads, possibly to TOS violations.

Should I keep it on the backburner for breeding? Or just release it? I'm not going to use it online obviously.

Is it timid? Because there was a raid like that posted on Reddit a few days ago

ev0

Oct 25, 2017

Here's the thing:

In my experience those links either lead to a facebook group where they will sell you more hacked mons, so if functions as an ad or it leads to some streamers page, sometimes both. Ive gotten hacks that have streamers channels as the trainer name too

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Labels are amazing. I'm retrospectively sad that Bank never had them.

I can tag all of my shinies and mythicals and find them in two seconds. It's great.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So if I'm understanding correctly, to add a Pokémon to my Home Pokédex, I have to place that individual Pokémon in a Home box. Back out and save. And do that again for each and every Pokémon I want to add? Yes I know I can multi select

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Transferred all my Pokemon from the 3ds games and I forgot how many good Pokemon I had. I also have a lot of box clearing to do lol.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get these troll GTS deposits. Why would so many people waste their GTS slot(s) on something like "Naganadel Lv. 31-40"? It's legitimately impossible, while also being so specific that it's not something you could do by accident.

Probably the best service a hacking group could do for the community at this point is to create some very obviously hacked Poipoles/Naganadels (e.g. all IVs at 2, impossible moves) and use them to clear out the GTS spam.
It's far more likely than Game Freak actually improving the GTS to set up legitimacy checkers on requests.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I really need to do some more breeding so that I have some more "waste" to do wonder trades. I really like wonder trades, it's always exciting.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Probably the best service a hacking group could do for the community at this point is to create some very obviously hacked Poipoles/Naganadels (e.g. all IVs at 2, impossible moves) and use them to clear out the GTS spam.
It's far more likely than Game Freak actually improving the GTS to set up legitimacy checkers on requests.

The problem is that a hacked Poipole at level 10, say, can't be traded. The GTS has a check that knows Poipole can't be that level, so stops it at the last minute (it shows before then, and is selectable). Which means the service already has an internal database of what can and cannot exist. So why doesn't it use that same database for requests. So frustrating, but especially now it's a paid service.