• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Leon looks like the new meta... and he's locked behind a time-limited pull with lower rates than all previous pulls.

Outstanding.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
normal brain: maybe we should release Diantha when there's no fairy units

galaxy brain: we will release Diantha right after releasing a bunch of better fairy units!

Seri

Oct 30, 2017
so i'm getting back into the game after trying it out on launch and i really like the changes they've made ^^ I was hoping to talk to people about it but from the dates on the thread i suppose the community here is dead?

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
I still login daily and do whatever is needed for the daily rewards. Just that there is other gacha games that are more interesting at the moment.

With coop out of the way, personally the game just doesn't have that same excitement as before.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hold up.

Steven and SHINY RAYQUAZA??

My favorite champion and favorite shiny form legendary... Guess I'll re-install....

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
After not playing for over a year because of how much grind was needed in events, I decided to install again
Having a good time with it, got some good units out of the 100 summons thing, and getting to pick up the legendries I missed is super nice
Sucks I missed the upgrades for Skyla though, she seems great but she's 1/5 for me
My Silver/Ho-Oh is also 1/5, that must have been around when I quit

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got Lillie & Lunala at 368 scout points. At that point I decided I might as well do one more multi to get the scout points selector - abd I got another copy of her. So with the selector I managed to reach 3/5. Pretty darn nice.

Also got N in four multis so pretty good. Now let's see if I can manage to get Steven

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Really got lucky with my pulls. Got Lillie in about 6 multis, then got DOUBLE N on the second. Not bothering with Steven, might throw a few at the seasonal banner we've got coming up since I never pull on them.

The 100 summons were great, got me a bunch of 5-stars I was missing, like almost all the Alola ones that I skipped. I went from 0 Eevee to 4/5 eevee, that was great too.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I redownloaded the game on my new phone for the 2nd anniversary after having not played since the first anniversary (where I had come back having not played since launch).

I cannot beat these lvl 135 event challenges to save my life. Am I missing something? I've been trying to beat Giovanni for a week, even spent the last of my orbs pulling for Gary thinking they just built the encounter around that. If I try to debuff them they get buffs instead. Nidoqueen AoE everyone for Poison. I watched a video of a guy with Eevee, Onix, and Charizard, which I have and he seemed to win no problem but I was dead in like 3 moves.

I get slaughtered in the Elite 4 challenges too.

I feel like there's a way to play endgame content that I haven't figured out yet?

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I feel like there's a way to play endgame content that I haven't figured out yet?
That particular fight is meant to be played with Kanto trainers only. The composition should be one striker, two supporters or one supporter/one tech.

Things you may be missing:
1) tactics option to pick which of your team member gets targeted first
2) sync grid, you are meant to fill each of your team member's sync grind for the best results depending on their role
3) theme skills, those give stat bonuses and should be leveled, at least the Kanto one here
4) equipment gear. There's currently an event to grind for new level 3 ghost gear. This makes your units much, much stronger if it's fully leveled. Stick to that grind for a couple of days and you can use them for basically any other hard fight from here onward
5) 6 stars, AKA, Ex sync pair. Characters like Red's Charizard or Leaf's Eevee become even more nuts when you spend the resources (twenty 5* tickets or the items from the weekly Champion Stadium)
6) action speed: you need to use three character actions per every enemy action. You want to do 2 sync moves for every 1 sync move they do

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
That particular fight is meant to be played with Kanto trainers only. The composition should be one striker, two supporters or one supporter/one tech.

Things you may be missing:
1) tactics option to pick which of your team member gets targeted first
2) sync grid, you are meant to fill each of your team member's sync grind for the best results depending on their role
3) theme skills, those give stat bonuses and should be leveled, at least the Kanto one here
4) equipment gear. There's currently an event to grind for new level 3 ghost gear. This makes your units much, much stronger if it's fully leveled. Stick to that grind for a couple of days and you can use them for basically any other hard fight from here onward
5) 6 stars, AKA, Ex sync pair. Characters like Red's Charizard or Leaf's Eevee become even more nuts when you spend the resources (twenty 5* tickets or the items from the weekly Champion Stadium)
6) action speed: you need to use three character actions per every enemy action. You want to do 2 sync moves for every 1 sync move they do
Well I'll be, I switched my team from Blue + Aerodactyl, Giovanni, and Red + Snorlax, to Leaf + Eevee, Giovanni, and Red, and beat it first try. Thanks for the advice!

On sync grid, I think it's kinda bunk to lock all the useful skills behind merges. Is there any reliable way to get candies (the coins seem pretty rare?)

toadsworth

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about getting into this game when I have some short down time during the day but it seems it's dead these days, huh?

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about getting into this game when I have some short down time during the day but it seems it's dead these days, huh?

I know of a few people who play it on Era--someone usually posts in the main gaming side when there's a major event. The game's subreddit is fairly active, though. The game's in a pretty good place; its second major story arc is about to come to a close, the first Scarlet/Violet character is being added shortly, and we got a new endgame game mode recently.

toadsworth

Oct 25, 2017
I know of a few people who play it on Era--someone usually posts in the main gaming side when there's a major event. The game's subreddit is fairly active, though. The game's in a pretty good place; its second major story arc is about to come to a close, the first Scarlet/Violet character is being added shortly, and we got a new endgame game mode recently.
That's good to hear! I saw a lot of Sword/Shield characters and figured they hadn't bothered with Scarlet/Violet but I'm glad it sounds like they're still updating this game. It scratches that itch of very basic strategy for me even though I'm still confused by the gacha elements lol.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I play it daily and enjoy it but it feels like there isn't really that much to talk about compared to the other gacha games I play.

Jaktagious

May 29, 2018

I enjoy the game a lot. It's my favourite of the Pokémon mobile spin offs. I've been playing since launch so I'm constantly stacked with gems and have a good stable of Meta units. Anniversary is coming up so that will give you a lot of free pulls so I'd say it's a pretty good time to start.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I play it daily and enjoy it but it feels like there isn't really that much to talk about compared to the other gacha games I play.

Same.

I do dailies. There's a few very over powered units (the anni mice) but yeah, not much to talk about. The subreddit covers the data mines well