• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The first time you beat each mission a day you get a big bonus on the number of tickets dropped. Unless you're in a rush to get Mewtwo, it's probably more time efficient to just run him daily and do any remaining grinding on the last day. Of course, I'm impatient...

Jaktagious

May 29, 2018
The first time you beat each mission a day you get a big bonus on the number of tickets dropped. Unless you're in a rush to get Mewtwo, it's probably more time efficient to just run him daily and do any remaining grinding on the last day. Of course, I'm impatient...

Once you get Mewtwo you can use those vouchers to get multiples of him for even bigger power boosts and the cost for those get as high as 2000 so there's still plenty of grinding left...

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Man....the Mewtwo grinding is crazy. I mean in the end it's just about Autoing Hard or Very Hard for endless hours....I kinda wished they could have come to with a better and more interesting system for Raid Systems.

Or maybe this Raid system just makes you realize that the core game and coop system is still lacking regardless of how much more rewards they shower us with.

Well...anyway there is still alot of time.left to farm it...let's see how far I'll get.

OP
OP
Vylash

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
everyone thinking Karen is top tier just because she was good at launch is getting ruined with this event lol, Olivia gang stay winning

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Got Grimsley with one multi pull and he's been putting in work with Olivia as a backup. At 600 vouchers now

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Is the only way to grind tokens in co-op? If I'm going to be auto-grinding Hard/Very Hard for hours on end, I at least want to do it at 2x speed (which unfortunately you can't do in co-op). Why can I not solo grind this event? :/

Jaktagious

May 29, 2018
This event is easily the most grindy thing yet. If playing on hard you'll have to play this event easily over a hundred times to fully max out Mewtwo. I got Mewtwo to level 85, half way through or so the next level cap and played about 90 times.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
Is the only way to grind tokens in co-op? If I'm going to be auto-grinding Hard/Very Hard for hours on end, I at least want to do it at 2x speed (which unfortunately you can't do in co-op). Why can I not solo grind this event? :/

yea, coop only

apparently there are 20 of the 5 star things in the shop, i guess they show up one at a time, unlike the sync move boosts

all total you need to clear hard 500+ times to get everything

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
yea, coop only

apparently there are 20 of the 5 star things in the shop, i guess they show up one at a time, unlike the sync move boosts

all total you need to clear hard 500+ times to get everything
Well that definitely lessens my interest in griding things out. I appreciate the help, but I don't think this game is going to be for me. I was hoping they'd give events a solo option, for those that want to run through it on auto at increased speeds, but it seems like they want to conitnue pushing the co-op aspects to finish out events, which disappoints me. I get why it's there, and I'm sure many appreciate it, but the fact that you MUST play co-op is a major negative for me. If I could run it at 2x/3x speed it'd be fine, but since you can't I just don't envision myself grinding everything to finish off the event. I just don't have the time to dedicate to it, even though I can auto it all.

I'm honestly not sure why it's even still installed on my phone, I hate the battle system and I doubt that'll change any time soon. :(

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Well that definitely lessens my interest in griding things out. I appreciate the help, but I don't think this game is going to be for me. I was hoping they'd give events a solo option, for those that want to run through it on auto at increased speeds, but it seems like they want to conitnue pushing the co-op aspects to finish out events, which disappoints me. I get why it's there, and I'm sure many appreciate it, but the fact that you MUST play co-op is a major negative for me. If I could run it at 2x/3x speed it'd be fine, but since you can't I just don't envision myself grinding everything to finish off the event. I just don't have the time to dedicate to it, even though I can auto it all.

I'm honestly not sure why it's even still installed on my phone, I hate the battle system and I doubt that'll change any time soon. :(
Yeah. Moreover the time limit is still 13 days, even though is grindier than the previous events.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
The Mewtwo grind is crazy...but he already hits very hard at lvl 85....this might be something where they expect you to finish him over time unless you go hard core. If they have rotating Raids this would make sense.

He is usable very early...so even some slow progress over time is worth something.

Edit:
Game hasn't been running that stable for me lately...just shutting down the app near a run often times. This sucks....

Yakumo Fuji

Apr 22, 2019
People should know by now with this kind of game that you need to pace yourself. There's enough time left on the clock to get Mewtwo and one-two Sync upgrades depending on your play style and time. Improving the 5* cores is only for hardcore players. Seriously. You don't need to grab everything. Not to mention that they've already hinted that the Event will rotate in again at some point, as you'd expect.

Seriously. Slow down, enjoy playing at your own pace. If anyone is forcing themselves to grind through and rush to grab everything then you are only hurting yourself and limiting your own enjoyment.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
People should know by now with this kind of game that you need to pace yourself. There's enough time left on the clock to get Mewtwo and one-two Sync upgrades depending on your play style and time. Improving the 5* cores is only for hardcore players. Seriously. You don't need to grab everything. Not to mention that they've already hinted that the Event will rotate in again at some point, as you'd expect.

Seriously. Slow down, enjoy playing at your own pace. If anyone is forcing themselves to grind through and rush to grab everything then you are only hurting yourself and limiting your own enjoyment.

You are right - but to be fair...this is the first Raid Event in this game so not everyone will have had the same expectations. Personally i didnt expect this kind of grind....just doesnt seem like something i would expect from a game like PMS.....the game wants to be casual friendly on first appearance but anything beyond surface level immediately turns the game into some hardcore grindfest like we see in this Raid or in the Coop content you have to run post Story clear.

I hope that he upcoming modes and content will balance the game more out...when you can only decide between braindead easy/automode and too difficult/troublesome to even bother....thats a n issue.

Yakumo Fuji

Apr 22, 2019
This is why I'm always surprised to see people suddenly realise that the game is a grindfest ... it always has been, lol. It's part of the game's entire DNA. Everything outside of the Story is designed with that feature in mind. Just one step into Co-Op Ex Raids or Events proves this.

The game is in need of a ton of improvement, but they have begun making steps, and hopefully the single-player Villa, the new stat tweaking system, and the Co-Op battle speed and AI tweaks will help with this in the future.

I'm still enjoying it however, specifically because I am pacing myself. I've only completed one EX raid regularly on Very Hard, but I've stuck to that one, improving the drops that I get from it and slowly getting better and improving my units.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Yakumo Fuji
I mean yeah....at the end of the Day it's all about pacing yourself.

For example right now I'm just doing the initial Giovanni battles were you get boosted rewards....and some more brainless auto farming if I'm watching something on TV/Netflix.
Is Mewtwo a decent unit?
Hard hitting Glass Canon from what I've seen...I would at least try to get that combo to lvl 85.

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
I've only been doing each difficulty level for mewtwo per day because you get a special bonus amount once per day. So I'm currently super casualling this game

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Actually "played" the game for some time yesterday on Mewtwo very hard.....and i gotta say, when you have solid team players with the right units and no network issues the game can actually be quite fun.

Mewtu is a must have especially on newer accounts that havent pulled some of the better Gacha Strikers yet - i had trouble clearing some of the highest training stages on Auto - thats a thing of the past with Level 100 Mewtwo.

Need to clear Story Chapter 18 on hard to unlock the Gear upgrades again - tried matchmaking twice but havent found any other players lol.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
how much grinding is required to get level 100 Mewtwo good god, I've only got his cap unlocked to 70. still short on custom TMs

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Actually "played" the game for some time yesterday on Mewtwo very hard.....and i gotta say, when you have solid team players with the right units and no network issues the game can actually be quite fun.

Mewtu is a must have especially on newer accounts that havent pulled some of the better Gacha Strikers yet - i had trouble clearing some of the highest training stages on Auto - thats a thing of the past with Level 100 Mewtwo.

Need to clear Story Chapter 18 on hard to unlock the Gear upgrades again - tried matchmaking twice but havent found any other players lol.
I found out that having people with a freaking Cryogonal makes things easier thanks to its Mist. An alternative is to have a Liepard that can steal the buffs from Mewtwo and the floating rocks.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I found out that having people with a freaking Cryogonal makes things easier thanks to its Mist. An alternative is to have a Liepard that can steal the buffs from Mewtwo and the floating rocks.
Yeah on VH im running Lycanroc, Liepard and Houndoom - works great as long as the coop players have somewhat fitting units. Cyrogonal is a game changer for people that didnt pull for Liepard...only issue is when there are too many of them and they play on Auto.

PS. Only now unlocked the "Switch-In Moves" - i knew something was missing while playing. Also unlocked the Gear system - was able to bruteforce my way though Story Chapter 18 on with CPU support.

Andrin

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Got my Mewtwo up to lvl 106 with 4/5 synch lvl and 5/20 boosts unlocked. It's rather frustrating to go through VH so many times, especially when most people have no clue what to do. Using Cryogonal/Lycanrock/Houndoom for my team, so I can at least get rid of buffs/solo Lunatone before Mewtwo's first synch. As long as at least one other person is semi-competent we usually beat it just before the second synch.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Very Hard and Super Hard should not be autoable on Co-Op modes.
By the time the stupid AI wastes 4 turns using only buffs, they get OHKOd.

Andrin

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I've done some quick calculations and, assuming you do all three boosted co-op missions each day of the event, you need to beat co-op on Very Hard an additional 440 times to afford every single one-time purchase in the event. You would need a total of 13100 normal tickets and 5050 super tickets to get everything.
Doing the boosted missions every day will net you an average of 2100 normal and 756 super tickets.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Maxed Mewtwso level and synch move - done with extra farming for this event. Will do the daily boosted bonus missions once and use whatever i can gather until the end to get some of the Items from the event store.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
I've done some quick calculations and, assuming you do all three boosted co-op missions each day of the event, you need to beat co-op on Very Hard an additional 440 times to afford every single one-time purchase in the event. You would need a total of 13100 normal tickets and 5050 super tickets to get everything.
Doing the boosted missions every day will net you an average of 2100 normal and 756 super tickets.
And here I am, considering 3000 normal tickets and 1500 super tickets for the sync move already too much. And I don't have a very time consuming job, can't imagine otherwise...
P. S. I know that this type of event will come back in the future, but it still is uselessly grinding for its own sake.

Andrin

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
To auto? Probably Hard co-op. Keep in mind that it'll take almost double the amount of missions compared to Very Hard though.
Depending on how fast you beat him on VH it'll take between 22-36 hours to get everything.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Level 100 Liepard can "solo" it. Otherwise you can use a Persian and two bulky pokemon, hoping that other trainers do the job for you.
He is talking about VH, you arent soloing auto this one unless you have luck with your coop partners.
Just stick to Hard, because you are gonna mess up run for people on VH that actually play the game lol.

OP
OP
Vylash

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
always a good sign when you enter a coop room and one of my partners sends out a damn Pikachu, good god

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
He is talking about VH, you arent soloing auto this one unless you have luck with your coop partners.
Just stick to Hard, because you are gonna mess up run for people on VH that actually play the game lol.
Sorry, I read it wrong. Yeah, on very hard you must use debuffs and hope for the best. I've never even tried expert, but I can imagine being doable only with maximum level pokemon.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
oh, i had the names wrong, i auto very hard, it's super hard that i was thinking of. since i don't have liepard it always goes poorly lol

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Used 6k gems in the Rosa banner - ended with only a new Glacile.

Out of gems I went ahead and cleared the Story Holiday Event. Ended up having enough for 3 single pulls after finishing the event.

Final pull was of this 3 was Rosa - Sweet.
Best of luck to anyone pulling.

OP
OP
Vylash

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
was only gonna do one 10 pull on the Rosa banner since Lance and Cynthia are coming up, luckily I got her

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Spent all my gems on Rosa (and thankfully got her on a last ditch attempt with singles). But I will overall say it was worth. Got Karen to 5/5, a Brendan dupe, a third Olivia dupe, Hilda (x3) and Caitlyn. Also got some new 4 stars in Will (finally), Noland (even more finally), Wilkstrom and Bruno. I think I'm only missing Lorelei now in terms of 4 stars.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Been having pretty bad luck since the Grimsley banner.
Took me 6000+ to get a new 5 star, with Lyra. No Grimsley.
Spent 3000 on each of these, and no 5 stars.

Now I have no gems.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Sucks to see so many of us not getting either of them - the good thing is that the banner will be up for a while and we are gonna be able to get some more gems between now and the banner end.
really felt the change from 2% to 1.5%

91 pulls and no rosa
Bummer.
Also....the chance is 1.5% ? I always thought it was 5% for some reason - unless they changed it.
Gonna doublecheck later.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The 5 star rate is still 7%.
However, there are 3 focus units, and their individual rate is 1.5%.
In most banners, there's only 1 focus unit, with a 2% rate.

You have a higher chance of getting a focus unit, but a lower chance of getting Rosa or Siebold.