• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Spent 3k as a last ditch attempt at Blue. Got him as well as Blaine and Agatha. Very pleased!

Nice! I want Agatha. Would be nice to own a Gengar.

...Wait, did they just pay us 6000 gems as bug compensation? And not for a particularly serious bug.

I feel like the player drop-off had to be pretty severe to get them to suddenly be so generous.

I can't also help, but to be almost skeptical about such a 180. Hrm. Well, if it leads to goodwill down the line then all the better, but who knows.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Spent the 6k gems but finally got Olivia and trained her to level 70,she's awesome.

I have 2.5k gems left but I'll wait for another banner although I really want Karen

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
Its ok they can do another 6k of apologems for getting people back and another 6k apologems

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Ugh now I have 12000 gems to spend and I already have Olivia and Blue so no justification to spend them lol. Time for more trainers!

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Spent 3k on the Olivia Banner and 3k on the Blue banner, and now I have to grind like crazy. No blue or olivia, unfortunately, but I got some more 5/5 sync moves, Lorelei, Agatha, Karen, and Blaine. Now I'm really hopong they find more bugs.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Got Phoebe on my 20th and final pull.

Should work well with olivia in one of the fights.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
I have Olivia and Blue so I guess these 6k are just going to sit until Red or Lance or someone I like better comes along. I'd like to try to get the other 5*s but I know I'd just blow it all and fail.

Lan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, jumped back in with this 6000 gem comp. Pulled and got nothing on my main account. Decided to ditch everything and start rerolling. Pulled Olivia and Blue after a few tries which seems good enough to restart off of. A Brendan or Phoebe on top of that would have been sweet though.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I spent 3k of the 6k they gave us on a whim on Blue's banner. Got both Blue and Phoebe. Now the only pullable 5 star I'm missing is Olivia. I'm definitely saving for a while now, probably until Red or Cynthia or something.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Used all 6k gems trying to get Olivia ....didn't get her or any other 5*.

Welp....at least I got Roxeanna lol.

honestrade

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The 6k gems yielded me one new 4 star. I've pulled all free gems I've received (~50 times) and still only have one 5 star (Olivia from my third roll.) This REM sucks. About done with this game anyway since there is not much left to do and the rates are so bad that I am not going to IAP. Shame because it made such a positive first impression.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pulled 3 5 stars on my first 10 pull with the compensation orbs (Got Blue, Karen, and a third duplicate of Brendan). Did I just hit the jackpot lol

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I had uninstalled this game the day before the compensation announcement. I really didn't think they'd be so generous for a simple bug. I reinstalled onto my iPhone SE and pulled Brendan with my 6k.

I'm still not finding the hook for this game. Grinding to level up Trainers is simple and the game looks great; but co-op isn't fun and there's barely any content.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish there was a single-player alternative to getting gears.

I have no desire to put up with the co-op slog for them.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Stopped playing the game for a few days, randomly started it for some reason and suddenly saw those 6k gems in my gift box. Suprised as fuck my first thought was that this was the bug. Did one multi and pulled Blue.

Still don't really find the gameplay loop appealing. For now doing the dailies and some supercourses seem to be the best course of action.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I wanna get back to grinding again but goddamn phone still broken after update
Slow af + drains battery twice as before with update + with pokemon master it will be 30min worth of grind with battery life.

I need to flash back my phone to old update but too scared I will fuck it up.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think the apologems helped too much.
Still dropping (66 on Play Store) and the score continues to drop.

No amount of apologems will save a terrible playing experience.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

Those gems were nice for hoarders but i doubt anyone is playing the game much more than before unless you got really lucky with pulls and didnt have anything worthwhile before hand.

Issue is that they have showed their ugly face already.....so most people are dropping it or just hoarding whatever gems we get until Red or Cynthia are available. This game has no content for people who are done with the story but dont want to play the higher end coop stages.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

As mentioned earlier, I used the gems to re-roll a new/better account but yeah, my opinion of the game hasn't changed any. It needs some serious work, and if they don't act soon it might become too late. It might already be, if not for the Pokemon brand name, but even that can only carry them so far.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
One of the biggest problems is that the optimal way to beat almost any battle is just to power through with a few buffs followed by high power moves from an optimal striker (AKA Olivia).

Boss sync moves removing buffs and debuffs makes strategies other than constant DPS pretty useless. Even the tech characters that can get used in the event (Koga and Viola) are only used because their damage over time effects are basically high DPS. Bosses also have a lot of shit that flat out negates many of the tech abilities.

There's a lot of potential complexity in the battle system that just isn't ever useful. Stats also make zero fucking sense and are horrendously imbalanced, which limits the viability of non-traditional strategies further. Like Acerola is supposed to be a damage sponge tank and she has less bulk than Olivia. There are a few interesting high level options like Roxanne with Wide Guard, but otherwise it feels like the best option for every encounter will always be to spam the best supereffective striker at it.

Last edited:

WalshyB

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
co-op sucks, constantly ganked by the AI who fucks my rank 100 Olivia with pretty much the best gear currently in the game. Before anyone else.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The Noland and Will hype is real. If you have either of them, you should start training them ASAP.

Note, don't learn Will's 4th skill, it's practically useless, and will mess up his auto AI.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
jfc co-op is nearly unplayable at this point, it really is the best option to just leave if your teammates don't have the right Pokemon

how the fuck you still using PIkachu 18 chapters in

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
jfc co-op is nearly unplayable at this point, it really is the best option to just leave if your teammates don't have the right Pokemon

lol this seriously! This makes Co-op unplayable at times. like im afriad to go in there and be forced to waste my time cause buddy over here wanted to use his shitty pikachu and onix on chapter 19. Also just got the 6k and got Lyncarock, now i got Houndoom and lyncarock on same team i should be good for ever right?

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
The free apologems pulled me back into this game and I pulled Brendan out of the Blue banner. Should I spend the other 3k on the blue banner again and try to get blue or is Brendan good enough for me to try on the Olivia Banner? The only other 5* I have is Phoebe.

Kamon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I feel like such a jerk when I leave but if you're bringing crap Pokemon into an EX Very Hard mission then there's literally no chance of winning. Erika has been kicking my ass for two days now because finding good randos is next to impossible. :(

EDIT: Wow, RIGHT after complaining here I finally got some good randos and we beat Erika... You really do get what you want right away if you complain on era, lol.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any chromebooks that this can be installed on?

I have the pixelbook, which has a 64bit CPU but the game doesn't appear in the playstore and trying to install from the play store website or an APK doesn't work.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
The second Pryce battle was tough for me. But from the looks of it here, people don't care about canon teams or anything like that?
Also, I spent the free gems they gave out and couldn't get Olivia, so I guess I'm never getting her now.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Is Lyra good? I want her
She has some good moves

Sunny Side Up! Raises the Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed of all allied sync pairs. Sharply raises them if the weather is sunny.
Dire Hit All + Sharply raises the critical hit rate of all allied sync pairs
Light Screen Reduces special damage done to the allied field of play.

When fully evolved, her Meganium also has the highest HP presently in the game

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm grinding items to unlock a few moves as well as further level my characters. How...how is there no "Retry/Repeat" option? Why do I need to completely back out of everything before choosing to run the course again? :/

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to think it's because they're on Auto, but I'm not sure if the AI prioritizes that move or not. Personally, I just X Attack once and then Stone Edge.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
When I set it to Auto, it just does Stone Edge.
I only Hard As A Diamond, then Stone Edge.
X Attack only if I don't have Stone Edge.