• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Vylash

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
interesting that she's not a gacha character, but i guess with cynthia coming up they have everyone's pocketbooks anyway

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, she's not very good. That recoil.

Still, she's free at least.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Well there it is, gacha after all.

My gems are safe. Still saving for Cynthia/Red, whoever comes first. Depending on how that goes, I'll either keep this installed on my phone or not, and honestly I'm not even sure it'll help as I have to force remind myself to log in daily (for the subpar rewards). :/

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really weird how only certain characters seem to get story events, would have loved one for Hilbert. :( Decided to do two singles and pulled him, Oshawott is too cute for me to resist. Have no desire to pull for Hilda, bleh recoil....

At least hopefully we'll get more of those 5* powerup items like the Blue event had.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I fucking hate that pokemon so much..... I wanna wait for a better fire strike ,but its gonna be forever until we get a good one...

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
The lack of rewards for this game really sucks. I'm close to being done with it as it is since I'm balancing so many gacha games and among it's peers, this one is the worst. I hope they do some proper blowout event soon since the gameplay loop is so shallow.

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
This is my first gacha game. I was lucky enough to get Hilbert and I'm on chapter 4 of the story so far. Here's hoping I can get Hilda without spending money, because man these gems are expensive as hell!

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
At least we're getting player characters out of the way, not a fan of Hilda at all but I'm wondering when we're getting stuff like Steven

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised that there hasn't been a update of sorts from the developers, detailing future bugs/fixes they're going to implement in the game. I'm sure they're bleeding players (if the activity here and on the Reddit would imply), so unless they do something soon there might be no fixing things, even with the Pokemon brand name behind it. I'm beginning to even forget to do my daily logins.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised that there hasn't been a update of sorts from the developers, detailing future bugs/fixes they're going to implement in the game. I'm sure they're bleeding players (if the activity here and on the Reddit would imply), so unless they do something soon there might be no fixing things, even with the Pokemon brand name behind it. I'm beginning to even forget to do my daily logins.

I figured you wouldn't keep at it long - it feels way too pointless.

They are just going to release Hilda and Elesa and hope to reignite your passion with a short story like Blue's.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I figured you wouldn't keep at it long - it feels way too pointless.

They are just going to release Hilda and Elesa and hope to reignite your passion with a short story like Blue's.
Yeah, I think I managed...three or four days, until I figured "What's the point?".

I don't mean to bring negativity into the OT, but man...this is probably the biggest disappointment I've had gacha-wise in a long while. It's not so much the disappointment, it's that this is based off the Pokemon franchise and had the potential to be great, And they're just killing it. It's not fun at even a basic level though, as the battle system itself isn't overly enjoyable.

It could probably be fixed but it means a lot of work, and if they continue to rake in the money they probably won't bother. We have had a "hype" banner since Blue, so we'll see what happens when someone like Cynthia or Red comes along. Part of me hopes they fail with the income, so they have no choice but to go back to re-evaluate how they're handling the game and make the necessary changes. But again, it might be too late at that point.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Still stuck on chapter 17. Don't know a good strategy and just focusing on leveling my characters. Also I like Nanu's VA more than the anime VA. His win quote is pretty savage.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Will the second stage Evo stones reset at the end of the month, or will I just have to bite the bullet and use 300k coins?

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
well, im glad i got hilda even if she doesn't seem that good. i know hilbert's top tier but it seems hilda really gels well with him, which is cute.

i really hope they can improve game cuz it's starting to feel like a chore

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spent 9,000 gens and didnt pull Hilda, Sophocles, or Marshall so LMAO uninstalling this trash

How miserable of a gacha can one be

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
lol

Earned +600 gems from the new event, enough for two pulls on the new Banner.

Ended up pulling Hilbert and Kris back 2 back - so good. Didn't have any 5* water units before and now I have two.

Based RNG - for once.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
lol

Earned +600 gems from the new event, enough for two pulls on the new Banner.

Ended up pulling Hilbert and Kris back 2 back - so good. Didn't have any 5* water units before and now I have two.

Based RNG - for once.
WTF.... I was saving the 7100 I had for other sync pairs,but couldn't resist, so I said fuck it and went all in and got Olivia dup..... welp it seems like the only way I could be scouting now is to buy gems annnd I just don't wanna spend shit yet on this game :((( it really feels fucking empty.

All their events designed to delude us into scouting sync pairs. Like literally not actual fun event since game launched.

I will give em until the end of the year until I call it a quit probably.

I really hope they can turn it around like they did with pokemon go.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
WTF.... I was saving the 7100 I had for other sync pairs,but couldn't resist, so I said fuck it and went all in and got Olivia dup..... welp it seems like the only way I could be scouting now is to buy gems annnd I just don't wanna spend shit yet on this game :((( it really feels fucking empty.

All their events designed to delude us into scouting sync pairs. Like literally not actual fun event since game launched.

I will give em until the end of the year until I call it a quit probably.

I really hope they can turn it around like they did with pokemon go.
That was me a while ago when we received the 6k gem compensation and i dropped them all on the Olivia banner only to get trash. Quite frustrating and i switched to a better reroll account for a bit....only to then realize how much time it would take to get the new units back to lvl 100 so i went back to my old one...just casually playing, doing the daily missions and not expect anything from the Gacha.

Today i got lucky - but as you said this game needs alot of work...lets hope they will use the upcoming months to streamline the Gameplay experience. Game could be much more than it is right now and the current event reminded me of it - models and presentation are still top notch, but it needs more content and improve the coop experience alot if they are forcing people to play coop for mission rewards.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Man, I am getting an exorbitant amount of duplicates.. bummer. When they gave out the freebie gems to do two tenfold pulls, I must have only gotten 3-4 new trainers. I have a 5/5 Sync move with Cheryl/Blissy. Not sure what will happen when I get her a 6th time.

Finally unlocked the co-op stuff which seems very confusing tbh.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
FYI to anyone attempting the EX Korrina challenge, train your Acerola! There's a glitch where apparently if you use sandstorm before the enemy has a chance to queue up the sandstorm move (which means you have to use it ASAP as the first move of the game because they will use it as the second move), the enemy will literally do nothing until it has a chance to use the move again. So if you use sandstorm about every 3-4 turns and keep it going with other people, you have a massive opportunity to get a lot of damage in before the enemy even moves once. Kinda evens out the fact that all the fire types suck right now - on Very Hard I had a couple of random players that we all somehow played our Acerolas perfectly and still only just barely won.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Bought the monthly evolution stones and am more or less done with the Hilda event.
Not even mad - i like it that way, low maintenance.

Edit:

Actually not - there are three 5* Power Ups Tickets and ive only bought one so far. Guess there is more to get during this monthly event heh.

Last edited:

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
So no stones reset, huh? They really don't want you to fully evolve Pokemon, I see.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They're going to save Cynthia (and Red) for a big event, where they need to pull people back in. Whenever it is, they need to do it soon. They're continually losing players and from all of the content datamined for this month I don't see anything that will change this.

They need to make a detailed developer's news post, where they go through all of the planned changes in the next short while. Something to give players the impression that they're working on things.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I can't do this anymore, I can't continue playing this unrewarding and boring game, and there is no sign of it getting better soon.
At least in Fire Emblem Heroes, I only have to log in, claim the daily reward, and you're done in 15 sec, sometime do the free summon. Here everything is just a chore.
I wish Nintendo would release Dragalia in Europe, it's clearly their best mobile game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
They're going to save Cynthia (and Red) for a big event, where they need to pull people back in. Whenever it is, they need to do it soon. They're continually losing players and from all of the content datamined for this month I don't see anything that will change this.

They need to make a detailed developer's news post, where they go through all of the planned changes in the next short while. Something to give players the impression that they're working on things.
Honetly I don't think they would be bothered to communicate with fans and give them any details of future updates.

Although I really wish like you said be open with fans and future updates and what is their long term goal with this game.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Honetly I don't think they would be bothered to communicate with fans and give them any details of future updates.

Although I really wish like you said be open with fans and future updates and what is their long term goal with this game.
Game needs an Epic Seven style beatdown.

For those who don't know, Epic Seven is a gacha game that had some pretty shitty systems in place. The community was getting really upset, bombing reviews and posting to social media to stay away from the game. The publisher, Smilegate, finally held a town hall style meeting with a room of their fans and influencers.

What followed was a shitshow unlike anything I've ever seen in this genre. The crowd ripped into the company for 4+ hours, telling them why they were shit and what they wanted changed. They went over the time they had allotted for the room and actually moved to another room where they couldn't livestream. It was WOOF. They ferociously took notes and apologized profusely. Then the following weeks they invited the top YouTubers/streamers to have 1-on-1 convos with the development team. It was there that it came to light truly how clueless some of these companies can be. "What? People don't like stats on cosmetics? Huh? People like a pity system? What's that? People like a variety of content?"

Ever since that time the game has improved IMMENSELY. They hired more development staff, hired community managers, had open dialogue with the community, and not only has the game become a much more enjoyable game, but their earnings are actually up from when they were being more stingy.

Maybe we'll see a similar situation with Pokemon Masters. We can only hope.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Game needs an Epic Seven style beatdown.

For those who don't know, Epic Seven is a gacha game that had some pretty shitty systems in place. The community was getting really upset, bombing reviews and posting to social media to stay away from the game. The publisher, Smilegate, finally held a town hall style meeting with a room of their fans and influencers.

What followed was a shitshow unlike anything I've ever seen in this genre. The crowd ripped into the company for 4+ hours, telling them why they were shit and what they wanted changed. They went over the time they had allotted for the room and actually moved to another room where they couldn't livestream. It was WOOF. They ferociously took notes and apologized profusely. Then the following weeks they invited the top YouTubers/streamers to have 1-on-1 convos with the development team. It was there that it came to light truly how clueless some of these companies can be. "What? People don't like stats on cosmetics? Huh? People like a pity system? What's that? People like a variety of content?"

Ever since that time the game has improved IMMENSELY. They hired more development staff, hired community managers, had open dialogue with the community, and not only has the game become a much more enjoyable game, but their earnings are actually up from when they were being more stingy.

Maybe we'll see a similar situation with Pokemon Masters. We can only hope.
Damn thats insane I really wish Dena do the same with pokemon masters.
The game has very good concept ,but very bad execution.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I can't do this anymore, I can't continue playing this unrewarding and boring game, and there is no sign of it getting better soon.
At least in Fire Emblem Heroes, I only have to log in, claim the daily reward, and you're done in 15 sec, sometime do the free summon. Here everything is just a chore.
I wish Nintendo would release Dragalia in Europe, it's clearly their best mobile game.

All I do is the daily in pokemon Masters right now and log out. I have to agree. No interesting banners and content right now. I feel this game is only doing so well because it has Pokemon in name.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
That was close, I almost forgot to log in today. Not sure what I'd do without that 1* Training Manual. To make it even better, I managed to get gifted another 1* Training Manual from one of the trainers (Erika). That's not one, but two...TWO 1* Training Manuals!

Truly the Goddess of Luck smiles upon me this day.