• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Just because...i tried to push my luck on the Tepic banner and pull once more.
DIdnt get anything but thats okay - done with the banner for now. Gotta start saving again to have enough for 1-2 single pulls for the next banner :-D
That was close, I almost forgot to log in today. Not sure what I'd do without that 1* Training Manual. To make it even better, I managed to get gifted another 1* Training Manual from one of the trainers (Erika). That's not one, but two...TWO 1* Training Manuals!

Truly the Goddess of Luck smiles upon me this day.
:-D

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I spent around 8k free gyms on hilda then got nothing.... I paid for few gyms and got hilda and helbirt both from daily discount around 300-400 paid gyms.... talk about being lucky and unlucky at the sa.e time.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Sooo... How do you recommend to spend the tickets of the latest event? 5 star tickets or money for evolution stones? I just realized that you need 3 stones for the final evolution, so 900000 pokedollars. It's freaking insane. :/

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sooo... How do you recommend to spend the tickets of the latest event? 5 star tickets or money for evolution stones? I just realized that you need 3 stones for the final evolution, so 900000 pokedollars. It's freaking insane. :/
At this point I just recommend deleting the game. It's not worth your constant time and it won't be getting better for at least another month.

PRed

Jan 7, 2018
The 900k isn't a big deal, because you can farm that in a week's worth of coin supercourse rotation. Being gated to only 3 mats per month is the real cap, so if you plan on max evolution more than 1 unit per month, then buy it.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
The 900k isn't a big deal, because you can farm that in a week's worth of coin supercourse rotation. Being gated to only 3 mats per month is the real cap, so if you plan on max evolution more than 1 unit per month, then buy it.
Coin supercourse rotation? Are you referring to "dailies" with pearls as prizes? However right now the only max evolution I need is Feraligatr because the multiplayer battles on hard are kicking my ass pretty often.

Ailyo

Oct 27, 2017
So, what's the best way to grind? I've basically hit a wall in Chapter 9 and I can't continue. It's a shame since I was kinda enjoying the game

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I found this hilarious, since there's no 5* fighting types even IN the gacha yet. Do they even play their own game?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah,
also with the current running event where you can run Dailies 6x it will be easier to get the evo stones money.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
This tiny event made co op useful for the first time since game launched.

Finally we are starting to see improvements with events. Not the best event ,but at least its big improvements from last events.

Keep it up Dena don't give up on the game plz.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm cautiously optimistic, really hoping DeNa can turn things around and make the game more enjoyable.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A roadmap would be nice, I'm not sure if we'll be even celebrating halloween. I'll try to get in the groove again with this game because developers acknowledging the issues is promising.

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I figured this was a bit more known on their end. Feels weird to hear then talk about an overhaul when I figured they must have more up their sleeve they were just holding back on.

Regardless interested to hear what they come up with. I assume the letter next week will have more details

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to see them finally acknowledge the many issues, I'm just not sure if it's too late for them. The game needs a complete overhaul, and if you have a rough start (with gacha games in particular) it can be difficult to rebound. If can happen of course (see FGO), but it's not exactly likely either. I'm sure the Pokemon IP will give them a bit of leeway, but even that has its limits...

I'll be sticking to daily logins until we see how they're going to handle everything and then decide whether this is something I want to keep installed on my phone or not. Regardless, they have an uphill battle in front of them, let's see if they're up to the task.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Too little too late. The fact that they were just completely radio silent for a month is embarrassing.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I just finally uninstalled. Beat the story and had no want to do anything else as there was nothing really worth moving towards. That and the Scouting being expensive and bad doesn't help either.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
reading the message they sent out, it seems they know what the problems are, and they're willing to address them

if they fix it, players will come

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I'm really just very glad they communicated with us very very glad infact.

Good luck pokemon master team in your journy!!! I really can't wait for the future of this game its gonna be great.

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do people really want PvP? As long as it isnt required i guess

I dont mind high score challenges though

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I just read through the producers letter, it was much more detailed than I expected. I can't remember the last time I saw any developer release such an extensive response to player critiques. Whether or not they'll be able to turn the game around remains to be seen, but it seems they recognize the precise issues that are holding the game back.

Obviously this is a huge IP so I imagine they'll be given more resources to fix things than an average mobile title. Hopefully they put them to good use, because the concept of this game has a lot of potential.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
I'm not a fan of PvP either, just promotes excessive powercreep, seen other games ruined by PvP.
I agree.
P. S. Got finally my first pokèmon to level 85 and... why does it cost that much to get it to level 100? Maybe I'm used to Record Keeper, but it's insane that despite playing the game every day since D1 and doing every daily battle I only have half the resources to get one pokemon to max level. I know it's a gacha and grinding is expected but at this rate it will take ages to at least being consistent in winning hard battles during events.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I agree.
P. S. Got finally my first pokèmon to level 85 and... why does it cost that much to get it to level 100? Maybe I'm used to Record Keeper, but it's insane that despite playing the game every day since D1 and doing every daily battle I only have half the resources to get one pokemon to max level. I know it's a gacha and grinding is expected but at this rate it will take ages to at least being consistent in winning hard battles during events.
Weird - ive done the same and have had enough to get multiple Pokemon to max level.
Money and other ressources arent that much of an issue if you do the daily battles.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I'm starting to get suspicious about daily discount lol I literally got three 5 stars Hilda, Hilbert and blue from daily discount about 13 pulls..... that would never happen to me in free gems

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to get suspicious about daily discount lol I literally got three 5 stars Hilda, Hilbert and blue from daily discount about 13 pulls..... that would never happen to me in free gems
Congrats - you just got lucky...it got three 5* back to back as well from Free Gems.
The rewards so far has been kinda subpar and the lack of free currency kinda made most people forget that the 5* rate is quite a bit higher than in other gacha titles - especially with the still limited pool.

Having said that - those Paid gems dailies really make f2p users look like 2nd class customers lol.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Weird - ive done the same and have had enough to get multiple Pokemon to max level.
Money and other ressources arent that much of an issue if you do the daily battles.
I don't know what to say, maybe it's because I can't do the Very Hard battles due to the lack of powerful pokemon of certain types (since D1 still got no steel type, for example). However the daily item exchanges, for now, are very cool. Hope they go on being that good in the future.
Just asking, but... Is there any list of recommended pokemon for each type? So that I could invest my resources wisely.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what to say, maybe it's because I can't do the Very Hard battles due to the lack of powerful pokemon of certain types (since D1 still got no steel type, for example). However the daily item exchanges, for now, are very cool. Hope they go on being that good in the future.
Just asking, but... Is there any list of recommended pokemon for each type? So that I could invest my resources wisely.

Oh yeah thats probably the case - ive been running all difficulties pretty much since week 1, you also wanna reach a level where you can farm Very Hard because thats where you get higher rarity items.

Maybe this Tierlist could be helpful for you.

Dont know how far you are in the story and what Pokemon you already own - but you could work towards this f2p farming team. At high level they can Auto all daily challenges.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Oh yeah thats probably the case - ive been running all difficulties pretty much since week 1, you also wanna reach a level where you can farm Very Hard because thats where you get higher rarity items.

Maybe this Tierlist could be helpful for you.

Dont know how far you are in the story and what Pokemon you already own - but you could work towards this f2p farming team. At high level they can Auto all daily challenges.

Thank you. I finished the story and the only 5 star pokemon I have are the story ones plus Pidgeot, Treecko, Croconaw, Oshawott and Dusclops.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Congrats - you just got lucky...it got three 5* back to back as well from Free Gems.
The rewards so far has been kinda subpar and the lack of free currency kinda made most people forget that the 5* rate is quite a bit higher than in other gacha titles - especially with the still limited pool.

Having said that - those Paid gems dailies really make f2p users look like 2nd class customers lol.
Yup I know its very easy to get 5 stars and not too expinsive as you said, especially if you spend those gems on daily discount you really save ×3 of gems.... but its still really lucky to have three 5 stars out of 13 pulls...

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Yup I know its very easy to get 5 stars and not too expinsive as you said, especially if you spend those gems on daily discount you really save ×3 of gems.... but its still really lucky to have three 5 stars out of 13 pulls...
Because of your posts i tried again with on the Hilda banner with two pulls.
Result ---> 2 shitty 3* dupes xD
Got Hilda, yay.
Now Lyra, Brendan, and Thorton are all that're missing.
Nice, congrats !!

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Finally beaten my first Very Hard dailies thanks to the type advantage (Raichu and Xatu ftw). :D
Got the coins and made my Croconaw evolve. Next step: get an attacker and a support to level 100.